Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Basset
The plan is to buy the milk and baby-juice after security at MAN (using the Boots pre-order service) but this depends on security checkpoints at CDG.

We'll be arriving and departing from 2E - will we have to clear a security checkpoint again ?
In CDG you will need to clear security again.

Milk/products for babies are allowed as long as the quantities you bring with you correspond to what you may need during your journey by plane.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 380
In CDG you will need to clear security again.

Milk/products for babies are allowed as long as the quantities you bring with you correspond to what you may need during your journey by plane.
I can confirm. The French never banned milk for babies despite any EU regulations. You don't have to buy it inside the airport. You can buy it anywhere. The worst is they will make you take a sip, but even that is rare. The bad news is that 2E security is the worst at CDG, because of the flights to America. They even confiscated my safety scissors (rounded edges) even though I was flying to an EU destination.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks for the updates.

The baby is only 5 monoths old but doesn't drink that much milk.. it'll be baby food pouches and juice. We'll be erring on the side of extra juice as it's one thirsty baby that makes one heck of a noise if she doesn't get her juice but as it's a 9/10 hour flight I hope they understand that she'll need more than the average baby or it's going to be a very noisy flight
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:21 pm

Delta Daily Lounge Pass Access at CDG?

I am traveling to Paris next Thursday economy on Delta and am considering purchasing a lounge day pass. I am hoping to use it in PHL and the AF arrivals lounge at CDG while I wait three hours for a friend to arrive from IAD. Will this be possible? Does anyone have experience doing this, or advice for me? Thanks so much!
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:46 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by chrissxb

Unfortunately, the RER B and Air France buses do not provide facilities for disabled people; it is recommended that alternative arrangements be made in advance.
This isn't entirely accurate. It is not disabled-friendly, but you can definitely get from CDG to ORY and vice versa on the RER B train in a wheelchair.

From T1, the CDGVAL to the train station is fully wheelchair accessible. There are elevators from the arrival level of T2 to the train level, and other elevators back down to the platform (with a stop in between to get your ticket). From T3 it's a short distance to the T1/T3 RER stop. Follow the signs outside. To get to Orly, there are no steps between the Antony platform and the Orlyval light rail (though you'll probably have buzz to get someone to open the gate). Once in the airport, there are no steps.

(However, be careful if taking the RER into the city of Paris itself. Very few stations have elevators to the street, and connecting to any other line will almost definitely involve stairs.)

But back to CDG-ORY: it's not easy, it's not ideal, but it's not impossible if you have to do it on your own.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
One more connect time - I hope this is the right place - SEA-CDG in J, will be arriving (hopefully 835) at Terminal 2F, connecting -CDG-BCN 935 Terminal 2E.

I remember my time connecting from CDG-MRS required passport control and security, is this correct?

Can I make my connection? I am planning carry on luggage.

Thanks,

lala
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by lalala
One more connect time - I hope this is the right place - SEA-CDG in J, will be arriving (hopefully 835) at Terminal 2F, connecting -CDG-BCN 935 Terminal 2E.

I remember my time connecting from CDG-MRS required passport control and security, is this correct?

Thanks,

lala
Flights from the US are scheduled to arrive in 2E, while flights to BCN depart from 2F. One hour is a bit tight, but doable. You will have to clear immigration and security. For both immigration and security, as a J passenger, you can use the Acces n°1 priority lanes.

Enjoy your flights .
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by lalala

Thanks,

lala
we'll be running together
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:33 am

Flight arriving from US at 11am to T2E and departing to a schengen country at 1225PM from T2B. What do yall think is the best option? This is going to be a crazy connection as the 2 terminal within terminal could not be further away from each other. TIA
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:51 am

Connecting 2A to 2D?

We're arriving in Terminal 2A and connecting to a flight in Terminal 2D. Is it better to walk or take the shuttle bus?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nas6034
Flight arriving from US at 11am to T2E and departing to a schengen country at 1225PM from T2B. What do yall think is the best option? This is going to be a crazy connection as the 2 terminal within terminal could not be further away from each other. TIA
Should be OK but do not lose time

Originally Posted by needzavacation
We're arriving in Terminal 2A and connecting to a flight in Terminal 2D. Is it better to walk or take the shuttle bus?
it's better to walk. It will take you 5 to 10 min max
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:04 am

Have read through all 58 pages and this is what I've gleaned.

Arriving CVG-CDG in Terminal 2E, CDG to MRS from 2F(1). Should have no problems making a 2:40min connection whether I walk it or take the shuttlebus. Most instructions here say walk it, though both ADP and AF websites say to take the shuttle.

Interesting question from ADP says for "other flights" (as opposed to international flight connections" to go to "entrance 2.04" then take the free ADP Shuttle to 2F. I can find no reference to Entrance 2.04 on any of the maps (interactive or static).

Does the best route depend more on which gate we actually come in on (#28-47 vs. 51-76)? If we arrive at gates 51-76, is it even possible to walk to the Galerie to make the crossover to 2F?)

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the return flight, MRS-CDG-CVG. We only have 90 minutes for that connection. Do we walk it or take the shuttle? AF says to walk it, ADP says to take the shuttle. What does FlyerTalk say?

In both cases, our checked luggage should be checked through to our destinations, but we will have some carry on.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think door 2.04 means door (porte) number 4 in terminal 2.

As for the choice of shuttle or walking, I think it depends on how fit you are and how fast you walk. I could do it either way myself and make the 90 minute connection. If for some reason you come up to a mile long security line, and time is tight, just politely attempt to move up to the front of the line.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sbrian
Anyway, I'm more concerned about the return flight, MRS-CDG-CVG. We only have 90 minutes for that connection. Do we walk it or take the shuttle? AF says to walk it, ADP says to take the shuttle. What does FlyerTalk say?
WALK
2F (from the gate of your A/C) to 2E (immigration control) is only 5 min walk
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think door 2.04 means door (porte) number 4 in terminal 2.

As for the choice of shuttle or walking, I think it depends on how fit you are and how fast you walk. I could do it either way myself and make the 90 minute connection. If for some reason you come up to a mile long security line, and time is tight, just politely attempt to move up to the front of the line.
To quote Homer Simpson. "D'oh." That makes perfect sense. Sometimes the obvious isn't quite so obvious.

If given the choice, I'd rather walk. That way I can control (somewhat) how quickly I move. Also, I have an (irrational, I'm sure) fear of getting on the wrong shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.