Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Transfer Security Queery

Due to be flying MAN - CDG - CAI, in J, next month &, forgetting the fact that the terminal for the CAI flight has changed from 2C - 2E - 2F (& the transfer planner still calculates it as being from 2E), I'm a bit confused about how security will check hand luggage.

Although I'm used to going through security & the variations on belt & shoe removals this might entail; seems to be different for each terminal at MAN, it's been a while since I last had to transit through CDG.

I'll be taking camera gear & a recent airport review at Airline Equality, states that, although this will pass through the standard X-ray scanners, it is also necessary to remove the camera, lenses, etc. & put them through on a tray.

As I like to be properly prepared to comply with such requirements; & thus help to speed up the whole security screening process for everyone involved, is there anyone who could provide confirmation as to whether the situation described by the reviewer is correct?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Last edited by GlenP; May 24, 2009 at 7:31 am Reason: Typo in text that was missed even with spell check
Old May 24, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I had a longer layover than usual in CDG today. I hopped on the Val to Roissypole (less than 10mn from 2D) and booked a room at the Ibis (EUR 12 per hour, with a minimum of 2 hours - between 6AM and 8PM only). Clean room with a hot shower. I was able to take a nap and paid just EUR 24, far cheaper than my usual stay at the lobby of the Sheraton. A nice option, but no HHonors, SPG or Priority Club Points . I will certainly use this option again if I have a layover longer than 3hours ^.
Jouy31...thanks for that piece of information! Can you pre book these rooms per hour online?
Reason I ask is that to avoid KLM, sometimes I layover at the airport for 8 hours,usually staying at hotels and paying for one night, I didn't realise you could book by the hour!
Old May 24, 2009, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by kaminski
Jouy31...thanks for that piece of information! Can you pre book these rooms per hour online?
Reason I ask is that to avoid KLM, sometimes I layover at the airport for 8 hours,usually staying at hotels and paying for one night, I didn't realise you could book by the hour!
Unfortunately, I have no idea. And this is specific to the Ibis CDG.I just came to the front desk, and they tried to charge EUR 1 to my credit card rather than do a pre-authorization, and they told me I would settle the bill upon departure, meaning it was up to me to decide how long I wanted to stay. I had planned on staying three hours and said so, but actually checked out after 1h50, so they charged me just for 2 hours ^. Unless there is a very special event (snowstorm, Airshow in Le Bourget), I don't think there is a problem getting a room. Perhaps you could call them in advance ?

Last edited by JOUY31; May 25, 2009 at 4:42 am
Old May 24, 2009, 12:09 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by GlenP
Due to be flying MAN - CDG - CAI, in J, next month &, forgetting the fact that the terminal for the CAI flight has changed from 2C - 2E - 2F (& the transfer planner still calculates it as being from 2E), I'm a bit confused about how security will check hand luggage.

Although I'm used to going through security & the variations on belt & shoe removals this might entail; seems to be different for each terminal at MAN, it's been a while since I last had to transit through CDG.

I'll be taking camera gear & a recent airport review at Airline Equality, states that, although this will pass through the standard X-ray scanners, it is also necessary to remove the camera, lenses, etc. & put them through on a tray.

As I like to be properly prepared to comply with such requirements; & thus help to speed up the whole security screening process for everyone involved, is there anyone who could provide confirmation as to whether the situation described by the reviewer is correct?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
I am afraid you have to take out all your camera equipment and put it on the tray. I have witnessed it several times in 2E, most recently less than a month ago.

Last edited by JOUY31; May 24, 2009 at 12:23 pm
Old May 24, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
I am afraid you have to take out all your camera equipment and put it on the tray. I have witnessed it several times in 2E, most recently less than a month ago.
Thanks for confirming that. Bit of a pain, but it's always best ot be prepared for these things, rather than finding out on the day.

Suppose that's what I get for looking to combine business & pleasure; can't go to Cairo again without taking some photos, as nobody believed I'd been last time.
Old May 25, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hey all,

Having just gone through 2E security, wanted to confirm the warnings ... they will sadistically make you take all cables and computer equipment out of your bag ....

This just reminded me of why I avoid CDG like the plague. Although operations have improved with the opening of 2E, such passenger harassment for no good reason just makes transiting painful. (And believe me, once I took out my GPS, cellphone, chargers, external hard drive, usb keys, network cables, etc, it took a while to repack everything.)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old May 25, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
2E-2D

Hey.
I'm going to arrive from Seattle at 8.35 at 2E with a connection flight to Copenhagen at 9.40 from 2D. Is there any possibility of making it? And what would be the easiest way for a 16 year old to transfer between the 2 terminals?
Old May 30, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: FB Plat
Unfortunately, I have no idea. And this is specific to the Ibis CDG.I just came to the front desk, and they tried to charge EUR 1 to my credit card rather than do a pre-authorization, and they told me I would settle the bill upon departure, meaning it was up to me to decide how long I wanted to stay. I had planned on staying three hours and said so, but actually checked out after 1h50, so they charged me just for 2 hours ^. Unless there is a very special event (snowstorm, Airshow in Le Bourget), I don't think there is a problem getting a room. Perhaps you could call them in advance ?
Thanks again for the reply..yeah, I should call in advance and hopefully I can get an arrangement!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Is the CDGVAL landside or airside? I have a T2 to T1 connection time of about 3 hours. On the return, I have a connection time of about 5 hours from T1 to T2

I'd rather be safe than sorry and apply for a short stay visa if needed. I do not hold a US passport but have a green card.

Can the short stay visa be used twice in 10 days? so 2 entries?

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by indo79
Is the CDGVAL landside or airside? I have a T2 to T1 connection time of about 3 hours. On the return, I have a connection time of about 5 hours from T1 to T2
Thanks
It is landside.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
It is landside.
Thanks, so any bus/train airside that I can get from T2 to T1?
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
CDG risk connection 2G/2E?

I arrive into 2G from Florence on AF at 9:20 AM and depart at 10:30 to Seattle from 2E. Is this too close? THANKS
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by sergad
I arrive into 2G from Florence on AF at 9:20 AM and departl at 10:30 to Seattle from 2E. Is this too close? THANKS
It is a bit short. Landside shuttle bus N2 takes you from 2G to 2E/2F in about 7mn plus a 2mn walk to immigration and the time needed for the bus to arrive at 2G.

There are two boarding piers in 2E, the main one for gates E21 through E47 and satellite S3 for gates E51 through E76. If your gate is in S3, you need to add 10mn to the time needed for the connection (45s ride on an automated train + walk to and from the train).

You also need to clear immigration in 2E, as well as security. If you are SkyTeam Elite Plus or flying in a premium cabin, you can use the fast track lane "Access n°1" for both immigration and security.

Enjoy your flights .

ADP and AF were planning on having a quick transfer shuttle from 2G to 2E, just as the one from 2D to 2E for transcontinental departures. I don't think it has been implemented yet. Would anyone have some information on this issue ?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Ejote
+1. I did the same thing this past Saturday, and it worked out quite well. Particularly for those of us who otherwise wouldn't have access to showers -- thanks, UA! -- the Ibis is a cheap (24 euros) and convenient (probably 5-10 minutes from terminal 1) solution. It's not going to win any awards for large or lavish rooms, but it beats the alternative.
Well, I did it again yesterday. The difference was that the outside temperature was 30°C, with no real airconditioning in the hotel . It was bearable, the shower was nice as well as the relaxation, but I would not renew this experience in the summertime. On the other hand, the day rates at the Sheraton are not cheap ...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:08 am

2E terminal

My parents will be flying from HKG - CDG to terminal 2E and my flight will be flying from JFK - CDG to the same terminal around the same time. Since my parents speak zero french and english, I would like to meet them up before going to immigration.

Is there any place that we can meet up inside the 2E terminal before passing the immigration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.