Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm pretty sure you will arrive at 2E as I took that LA flight recently. But since I live here I never transfer. Hopefully someone else will know more. But if you miss the connection, there are many, many flights to LHR so you will get re-booked on the next one.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
I think you should be fine.... LA flights arrive usually at 2E - they might arrive at C or F if there's no space at E, but since S3 and the main boarding hall of 2E have (re-)opened these times are pretty much over.

In case you don't arrive at 2E or S3, I would go for the airside shuttle bus - you might have to wait for the bus, but I'm almost certain that waiting twice at immigration (in and out) takes longer. You might have to take the LISA people mover between the 2E main hall and S3 in case you arrive at one and leave from the other, but as signage has improved significantly about one year ago you should be fine. 110 minutes is usually way enough time for any connection at CDG even in case of delays.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by haggis79
I think you should be fine.... LA flights arrive usually at 2E - they might arrive at C or F if there's no space at E, but since S3 and the main boarding hall of 2E have (re-)opened these times are pretty much over.

In case you don't arrive at 2E or S3, I would go for the airside shuttle bus - you might have to wait for the bus, but I'm almost certain that waiting twice at immigration (in and out) takes longer. You might have to take the LISA people mover between the 2E main hall and S3 in case you arrive at one and leave from the other, but as signage has improved significantly about one year ago you should be fine. 110 minutes is usually way enough time for any connection at CDG even in case of delays.
Thanks haggis79 and Stimpy. You guys are great!!! ^
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have an overnight connection on AF coming up at CDG, getting in at 21h40 leaving the next day at 07h35. Any suggestions for reasonable overnight accommodation? I was wondering if they had the cubicle type things that are on offer at Gatwick and Amsterdam, which can be rented for a modest fee for an overnight stay.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: US-gold, CO-gold
hotel

Originally Posted by Concerto
I have an overnight connection on AF coming up at CDG, getting in at 21h40 leaving the next day at 07h35. Any suggestions for reasonable overnight accommodation? I was wondering if they had the cubicle type things that are on offer at Gatwick and Amsterdam, which can be rented for a modest fee for an overnight stay.
You'll should try the sheraton roissy hotel which is right on site in the terminal. You can often get good rate on the sheraton website, or email reservations there ([email protected]) directly for some good rates.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:26 am
Suspended

Question Transfer between Terminal 1 and 2E

If I am in Terminal 1 using the *A Lounge which is after passport control can I get to 2E without having to exit passport control again and then re-enter?

I was confused if the airside bus ran between terminal 1 and 2E and if I would have to go through passport control again!

Last edited by JohnnyUMF; Dec 26, 2008 at 11:08 am
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
help!

Here's my situation:

Arriving AF in 2E at 12:05 in J class, 1 bag checked
Departing AC from 2A at 13:40 in J class, 1 bag to re-check

Two separate tickets (I know, I know - one is a reward, one not).

I've never reclaimed bags at CDG, otherwise I would be feeling fine about this. AC cutoff for check-in will be 12:40.

I move fast

Thoughts?

Simon
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Simon
Here's my situation:

Arriving AF in 2E at 12:05 in J class, 1 bag checked
Departing AC from 2A at 13:40 in J class, 1 bag to re-check

Two separate tickets (I know, I know - one is a reward, one not).

I've never reclaimed bags at CDG, otherwise I would be feeling fine about this. AC cutoff for check-in will be 12:40.

I move fast

Thoughts?

Simon
Have you asked AF to check your baggage to your final destination ? I've had no problem doing it on separate PNRs, even to a non-Alliance carrier.

Otherwise, it is a bit tricky with a 12:40 cut-off point.

When arriving in 2E, you can use the fast track "Acces n°1" lane, but it won't get your baggage faster on the carrousel.

Once you have exited the baggage retrieval area, turn left, towards the train station "Trains to Paris". At the far end of the terminal, take the escalator straight ahead of you and go up one level. Then take two moving walkways to the Sheraton, continue straight ahead, another set of moving walkways, and you are in 2C. Continue across the terminal, go past the food courts after the terminal, and you are in 2A !

From the moment you have left the baggage retrieval area, it should take you 15mn max to reach 2A. I have walked a similar (parallel) path from 2F2 to 2B in 8mn ...

Good luck !
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Many thanks. ^

Based on this, I'm not going to risk it... I've reworked things to go EVN-CDG-LHR-YYZ, where I have a much longer connection time at LHR, and a backup flight 3.5 hrs later to boot.

Simon
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:06 pm

Connecting Transfer from CDG 2E to 2F

I've enjoyed reading this board and now have a question of my own. Hubby and I are flying from New York to Barcelona via CDG on AirFrance. The flight from NYC is to arrive at CDG 2E at 6:00am, then we are to connect to another AirFrance flight to Barcelona out of CDG 2F at 7:45am. Is 1 hour and 45 minutes sufficient time to get from 2E to 2F, considering we will be coming from the US? We will not be checking bags. Do we have to go through Customs & Immigration at CDG?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and advice.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:41 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by atlers
I've enjoyed reading this board and now have a question of my own. Hubby and I are flying from New York to Barcelona via CDG on Air France. The flight from NYC is to arrive at CDG 2E at 6:00am, then we are to connect to another Air France flight to Barcelona out of CDG 2F at 7:45am. Is 1 hour and 45 minutes sufficient time to get from 2E to 2F, considering we will be coming from the US? We will not be checking bags. Do we have to go through Customs & Immigration at CDG?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and advice.
Welcome to the AF board !

1h45mn should be enough to connect from 2E to 2F1 (the Schengen pier in 2F).

- you will clear immigration in 2E
- your carry-ons can be checked by customs when you exit the baggage retrieval area in 2E
- once you have exited the baggage retrieval area in 2E, walk straight ahead on a set of moving walkways through the Galerie until you reach 2F (1mn), take the escalator up one level and turn left to walk (2mn) to the security checkpoint to enter the gate area in 2F1.

Enjoy your flights .

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 15, 2009 at 4:52 am
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Welcome to the AF board !

1h45mn should be enough to connect from 2E to 2F1 (the Schengen pier in 2F).

- you will clear immigration in 2E
- your carry-ons can be checked by customs when you exit the baggage retrieval area in 2E
- once you have exited the baggage retrieval area in 2E, walk straight ahead on a set of moving walkways through the Galerie until you reach 2F (1mn), take the escalator up one level and turn left to walk (2mn) to the security checkpoint to enter the gate area in 2F1.

Enjoy your flights .
JOUY31, thank you so much for the detailed info. I feel more at ease now, and I see we are to walk instead of taking the "slow as Christmas" bus around the entire terminal.

We are meeting an NCL cruise out of Barcelona later that day, so we had better get to BCN before too late. Luckily, there are several more AF flights to Barcelona that morning, but I'd rather stick to originally ticketed flight schedule.

Thanks again for your reply. That was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:23 am

Sixt Car Hire

Been reading through this thread and have a question. Flying into T2B with Easyjet and then picking up hire car from Sixt. They've been rather vague with directions as to where I should go. Apparently I need to take the VAL to T2D, is this correct?

I've looked on CDG's website and it looks like the car hire place is located opposite the shops between the 4 terminals. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'll be arriving quite late at night with a baby and a toddler and then driving to Disneyland, and I don't want the trip to get off to a bad start.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi pmidds,

As I understand from the website, there is a shopping zone between the ABCD terminals, so I would expect you could walk straight there when you get out of 2B. This zone includes Sixt.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = The other option is located in the tunnel between 2E and 2F, but that's further away for you
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi pmidds,

As I understand from the website, there is a shopping zone between the ABCD terminals, so I would expect you could walk straight there when you get out of 2B. This zone includes Sixt.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = The other option is located in the tunnel between 2E and 2F, but that's further away for you
Coming out of baggage retrieval in 2B, walk towards 2D and the train station. As soon as you leave 2B, you are in the food court located between 2B and 2D. Midway through the public space along the food court, you will find an escalator and an elevator to go down one level. Go down to the lower level, this is the area where the shops, car rentals, post office and multi-faith prayer center are located.

Please check precisely with Sixt where you should pick up your car because, in addition to the 2ABCD and 2EF locations, Sixt also has a pick-up point in CDG1, which would require a 10mn walk and an 8mn ride on the VAL automated metro ...

Enjoy your flights, even though they are not operated by AF

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 16, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.