Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:28 pm

If I am transferring through CDG terminal 2E and I have 1 hour and 45 min. is this enough time? I will be coming from Houston (IAH) and then catching a flight to London (LHR). I think I will have to go through customs upon arrival?? or is that only at my final destination?

Also, my return flight only allows 50 minutes to transfer from CDG 2F to 2E. I will be arriving from FCO and catching a flight to IAH. Isn't 50 minutes cutting it a little close?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by flyer84
If I am transferring through CDG terminal 2E and I have 1 hour and 45 min. is this enough time?
Yes, it should be fine.
I will be coming from Houston (IAH) and then catching a flight to London (LHR). I think I will have to go through customs upon arrival?? or is that only at my final destination?
At your final destination in the EU.

Also, my return flight only allows 50 minutes to transfer from CDG 2F to 2E. I will be arriving from FCO and catching a flight to IAH. Isn't 50 minutes cutting it a little close?
I would definitely take an earlier flight from FCO. Enjoy your flights .
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31

I would definitely take an earlier flight from FCO. Enjoy your flights .
I wish I could get an earlier flight but the problem is the flight leaves FCO at 7:20am and arrives at CDG at 9:30. My flight to IAH leaves CDG at 10:20am. I can't find any flights much earlier from FCO or my ticket price will increase significantly. Thanks for the advice and hopefully I can figure something out.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:51 am

1 hour CDG connection - any tips?

Hi,

I have a very tight connection in CDG and was looking for some advice. I am flying economy MAN – CDG – NRT and land in CDG at 12.15 (Wednesday) and my flight to NRT leaves at 13.15. I know that this is extremely tight but how do i maximise my changes of making the connection from 2E to 2F– do I take the shuttle or walk (sprint!)?

I'd be grateful if anyone has any advice as I cannot change my flights and missing that connection means an 11 hour wait for the next Air France flight to Tokyo!

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 18, 2008, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
With all apologies- HELP!

Was SUPPOSED to be on nonstop today from JFK to Athens, traveling with 78 yo Mom. My uncle (her brother) died last night, and I now am trying to reschedule (award ticket) since MY other half is meeting us in Athens.

Best I can find is AF 17, connecting to 1532. Looks like a 2E to 2D transfer. Mom walks SLOWLY. We'll be in business class.

Do I have to worry? I have a choice of a 1 hour or a two hour connection. Can i feel safe with 2 hours???

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:16 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Was SUPPOSED to be on nonstop today from JFK to Athens, traveling with 78 yo Mom. My uncle (her brother) died last night, and I now am trying to reschedule (award ticket) since MY other half is meeting us in Athens.

Best I can find is AF 17, connecting to 1532. Looks like a 2E to 2D transfer. Mom walks SLOWLY. We'll be in business class.

Do I have to worry? I have a choice of a 1 hour or a two hour connection. Can i feel safe with 2 hours???

Thanks
Sorry about what happened to your family. 2 hours is quite enough for standard passengers, but it does involve some walking, 10mn to immigration and another 15mn to reach 2D. With an elderly mother, it could be a challenge. So I would recommend asking AF staff at JFK to put a note in the PNR and contact their CDG colleagues to arrange for a wheelchair. 1 hour is just not doable in your case. Hope this works out.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 2:28 am

Programs: FB Gold
2E to 2F (LAX-ZRH) question

I usually find my way through CDG but it changes every year or so, so I need a little help. The Air France connection guide http://correspondances-aeroports.air...r/index_EN.php is quite a good tool but I'd like to have some clarification:
  1. Looks like 2E to 2F has a walkway. Is it easy to find?
  2. If walking, would it include immigration in France?
  3. It seems that there are actually two terminals 2F. Which is the right one for ZRH?
  4. Last but not least, where may I find the AF-lounge at 2F?

Thanks a lot for your great help in this thread!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:46 am

When will this be in relation to Switzerland joining Schengen? That would influence the reply.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by rove312
When will this be in relation to Switzerland joining Schengen? That would influence the reply.
Looks like, for air travel, it has been pushed back to March, 2009.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by KL803
I usually find my way through CDG but it changes every year or so, so I need a little help. The Air France connection guide http://correspondances-aeroports.air...r/index_EN.php is quite a good tool but I'd like to have some clarification:
  1. Looks like 2E to 2F has a walkway. Is it easy to find?
  2. If walking, would it include immigration in France?
  3. It seems that there are actually two terminals 2F. Which is the right one for ZRH?
  4. Last but not least, where may I find the AF-lounge at 2F?

Thanks a lot for your great help in this thread!
1) There is supposed to be a walkway, actually a travelator, between S3 and 2F2, but I have never used it.
2) using this travelator would not involve going through immigration; using the standard "Galerie" between the main 2E building and 2F does involve clearing immigration.
3) 2F2 is currently the one to use for flights to ZRH (non-Schengen)
4) at the end of the boarding pier, opposite from the one where you cleared immigration and security, take the escalator down one level and turn left or riight. The right entrance used to be for the entrance to the P lounge, that has now been merged into the standard lounge, as P passengers are directed to 2E.

Enjoy your flights .
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: FB Gold
Thanks JOUY31, we'll try to enjoy that flight. It's gonna be my first time on a 3-4-3 777 in Y, ouch! This after being in C from MNL-ICN-NRT-LAX...

Regarding Schengen: ZRH is undergoing severe renovation right now to be ready for Schengen. There will be bus gates, a newly renovated terminal etc. etc. This will take some time, and I guess March 2009 seems to be reasonable.

I just found the latest information here (German): Tagesanzeiger. It says that the first Schengen gate opened today (October 25). The airport will be finalized in 2010. With the 460 million Swiss Franc project "Zurich 2010" the infrastructure at ZRH will be ready to separate Schengen from Non-Schengen passengers. After finalization, Terminal A, the Airside Center and the upper floor of Terminal B will be Schengen; Terminal E and the groundfloor of Terminal B will be Non-Schengen. With the opening of the new bus gates there'll be also a central located security check-point in a new building.

In the embedded video in the article it seems like KL will be departing from the new gates, so no more trip to Terminal E on the train...

Mods: feel free to move this to another/new thread because it's not really CDG related, tnx!

Last edited by KL803; Oct 26, 2008 at 1:47 pm Reason: new info about ZRH
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KL803
It's gonna be my first time on a 3-4-3 777 in Y, ouch!
Condoleances It is a not very pleasant experience.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Too late!

Last edited by flospi; Oct 26, 2008 at 2:23 am Reason: Already answered.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:07 am

Programs: DL DM
2F (FCO arrival) to 2E (SFO departure)-- 45 mins okay???

I was booked (not of my own doing) on Air France in C from SFO-FCO-SFO. Going over I have a four hour connection. On the way back it is 45 (!) minutes. Is this connection doomed to fail? It seems that on recent days the FCO flight has been on time or early into CDG, and the SFO flight a few minutes late in leaving CDG.

Questions:
1) Even if the flight is on-time from FCO, can one make this connection?

2) Specifically, connecting from FCO to the US, I am sure I have to go through security again at CDG2, but is there passport control on the way out, and how long does it take (US passport)?

3) Is there a "fast track" system at CDG2? For both security and passport control, or just security?

4) How good are AF staff at meeting pax for tight connections, and how good are AF at holding a long-haul flight for a short-haul incoming passenger?

I appreciate your answers--I've flown in and out of CDG many times before, but never made a connection there. Merci.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 9:22 am

Quick question about CDG airport. Does anyone know which runways are used most often and in which direction? I know it's impossible to predict what the winds will be but I'm sure there is a general pattern to the runways used. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.