FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:16 pm
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Was SUPPOSED to be on nonstop today from JFK to Athens, traveling with 78 yo Mom. My uncle (her brother) died last night, and I now am trying to reschedule (award ticket) since MY other half is meeting us in Athens.

Best I can find is AF 17, connecting to 1532. Looks like a 2E to 2D transfer. Mom walks SLOWLY. We'll be in business class.

Do I have to worry? I have a choice of a 1 hour or a two hour connection. Can i feel safe with 2 hours???

Thanks
Sorry about what happened to your family. 2 hours is quite enough for standard passengers, but it does involve some walking, 10mn to immigration and another 15mn to reach 2D. With an elderly mother, it could be a challenge. So I would recommend asking AF staff at JFK to put a note in the PNR and contact their CDG colleagues to arrange for a wheelchair. 1 hour is just not doable in your case. Hope this works out.