Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
OK, I've finally found (with an FT-er's help) the right forum.

I'm arriving ATL-CDG on DL. I can't find anywhere on DL's website that tells me what gate I'm arriving at, but I assume I can still use the arrivals lounge in 2C (I'm Skyteam E+).

How about when I depart? I'm flying CDG-CVG on DL, but again, I don't know which gate/terminal. I believe I read somewhere in this thread a caution that some departure lounges are pre-security?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by chollie
OK, I've finally found (with an FT-er's help) the right forum.

I'm arriving ATL-CDG on DL. I can't find anywhere on DL's website that tells me what gate I'm arriving at, but I assume I can still use the arrivals lounge in 2C (I'm Skyteam E+).
You will be arriving in 2E. Once you have cleared immigration and retrieved your baggage, you can walk to the landside Arrivals lounge in 2C.

How about when I depart? I'm flying CDG-CVG on DL, but again, I don't know which gate/terminal. I believe I read somewhere in this thread a caution that some departure lounges are pre-security?

Thanks!
You will be also leaving from 2E, which has two boarding piers, the main one (gates E28 through E47) and the one in satellite S3 (gates E51 through E76). You will clear immigration in 2E and will then go to one of the boarding piers where you clear security. Once you have cleared security, you will have access to the AF departures lounge.

The lounges that are located before security are in 2B and in 2D.

Enjoy your flights .

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 28, 2009 at 3:54 pm
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:31 pm

I will be on US #754, which is scheduled to arrive at CDG Gate Y04 (Terminal 1?) at 7:55 a.m. I will then be connecting to the TGV to Bordeaux. Most people have told me it is not possible to make the 8:58 a.m. train out of the Terminal 2 TGV station and that I should instead plan to take the 11:15 a.m. train out of Montparnasse OR the 11:01 a.m. train out of Massy. Any suggestions on which is the better option both in terms of time and convenience? Also, what is the best way to get to each station from CDG Terminal 1? Finally, we will be in Envoy/Business class; does that come with any benefits once on the ground at CDG? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jrmesq; Apr 27, 2009 at 11:50 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by JOUY31
You will be arruving in 2E. Once you have cleared immigration and retrieved your baggage, you can walk to the landside Arrivals lounge in 2C.

You will be also leaving from 2E, which has two boarding piers, the main one (gates E28 through E47) and the one in satellite S3 (gates E51 through E76). You will clear immigration in 2E and will then go to one of the boarding piers where you clear security. Once you have cleared security, you will have access to the AF departures lounge.

The lounges that are located before security are in 2B and in 2D.

Enjoy your flights .
Thank you!
Old May 1, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Location of Lounge CDG T2D ?

- The 2D lounge is located before security check; there are no showers there
- There are 14 showers in the 2C arrivals lounge, but I am not sure that as a DL SkyTeam Elite Plus flying coach, you would be able to use the lounge. If you are flying B/E, there should be no problem.
Relatives of mine will be arriving 2E with 4,5 hours time at CDG, departing 2D (longhaul and shorthaul in Affaires)
I guess best will be to walk from 2E to 2C and use Arrivals Lounge until 2:00pm, then change to 2D Salon Air France?
Where exactly is this lounge in Terminal 2D ?Is it really before security ?
If yes, how many minutes before departure you should leave there ?
Is there a priority line for security "Acces Nr 1" ?

Many thanks,
Ettrich
Old May 1, 2009, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ettrich
Relatives of mine will be arriving 2E with 4,5 hours time at CDG, departing 2D (longhaul and shorthaul in Affaires)
I guess best will be to walk from 2E to 2C and use Arrivals Lounge until 2:00pm, then change to 2D Salon Air France?
Where exactly is this lounge in Terminal 2D ?Is it really before security ?
If yes, how many minutes before departure you should leave there ?
Is there a priority line for security "Acces Nr 1" ?

Many thanks,
Ettrich
use arrival lounge as long as you can, then go to the 2D lounge. leave 10min before boarding time, there's access nr1 and you'll be fine. be aware that you can use any security checkpoint to get landside in 2D - so sometimes chosing a less crowded and walk a little longer saves you alot of time.
Old May 1, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Originally Posted by chrissxb
use arrival lounge as long as you can, then go to the 2D lounge. leave 10min before boarding time, there's access nr1 and you'll be fine. be aware that you can use any security checkpoint to get landside in 2D - so sometimes chosing a less crowded and walk a little longer saves you alot of time.
Many thanks for the fast response

kind regards,
Ettrich
Old May 3, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Steps to go from T1 to 2F?

Read thru about 8 pages of this thread and could not find an answer on transfers from T1 to 2F.

I arrive on United from IAD at 655AM then depart on AF to Barcelona from 2F at 935AM. Based on a response to a poster earlier doing a transfer from T2 to T1 I know I will have enough time, but I am hoping someone can help me with the steps I need to take to transfer to T2.

Do I need to go thru customs, claim my bags and exit T1, then go to T2?

Also, does Air France sell one day passes to their lounges like Star Alliance does?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 3, 2009, 11:36 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SULAX50
Read thru about 8 pages of this thread and could not find an answer on transfers from T1 to 2F.

I arrive on United from IAD at 655AM then depart on AF to Barcelona from 2F at 935AM. Based on a response to a poster earlier doing a transfer from T2 to T1 I know I will have enough time, but I am hoping someone can help me with the steps I need to take to transfer to T2.

Do I need to go thru customs, claim my bags and exit T1, then go to T2?

Also, does Air France sell one day passes to their lounges like Star Alliance does?

Thanks for your help!
1. You need to go through immigration in T1. If your bags are not checked through to BCN, you also need to pick them up and go through customs in T1.
2. Once you are landside, follow the signs to the CDGVAL shuttle train, located on the lower level of the terminal building.
3. Board the CDGVAL and go to the end of the line "CDG2 - Gare" which should take 8mn, with a shuttle every 3-4mn at that time
4. Take the escalator or the lift to exit the CDGVAL station and then turn left toward 2F and use the moving walkways. At the end of the moving walkways, take the (very short) escalator up to the departures level where you can find all the check-in desks.

Unfortunately, Air France does not sell day passes to their lounges. The best option for breakfast is at the Sheraton (2mn away from the CDGVAL station in CDG2) or Brasserie Flo landside in 2F. Your SPG Gold card should enable you to use the Internet workstations in the Sheraton lobby for free. Just enter your SPG number in the appropriate box on the screen.

Enjoy yoiur flights .
Old May 4, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question From 2E to 2A [AF to CX]--HELP!

I'm flying into 2E aboard AF (from JFK-CDG) and then transferring aboard a CX flight (CDG-HKG) operating out of 2A. I've been browsing through the CDG map/guide and this FAQ page, and it seems that I can take the airport buses (#1 or #3) though they're quite roundabout: I would essentially have to ride almost the entire loop just to get from 2E to 2A.

Questions:

1) Once I land in CDG, do I simply head to the transit desk and pick up my CX BPs? I'm fairly sure there is an interline agreement between CX and AF, so I don't need to reclaim bags and re-check them?

2) I have 1:30 in transit time--that is, barring any delays from JFK. Will this be enough time for me to get from 2E to 2A? I'm in J class (Affaires) with AF and then connecting onto CX business class. How might this impact luggage delivery in terms of re-tagging bags and also actually loading them on the next aircraft?

3) The AF website advertises assistance (i.e., meet and transport) for J/F pax who have a tight connection. Does this apply to connections onto non-AF-operated flights even though I just arrived on an AF flight?

4) Will I have to pass through passport/customs control? I'm a US citizen.

5) More importantly, should I walk or take the bus to my connecting flight? What advice do you have?

Any seasoned or experienced FTers have suggestions? Many thanks!
Old May 4, 2009, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying into 2E aboard AF (from JFK-CDG) and then transferring aboard a CX flight (CDG-HKG) operating out of 2A. I've been browsing through the CDG map/guide and this FAQ page, and it seems that I can take the airport buses (#1 or #3) though they're quite roundabout: I would essentially have to ride almost the entire loop just to get from 2E to 2A.

Questions:

1) Once I land in CDG, do I simply head to the transit desk and pick up my CX BPs? I'm fairly sure there is an interline agreement between CX and AF, so I don't need to reclaim bags and re-check them?
AF should be able to interline your baggage to CX, even on separate tickets. Getting your boarding pass is more tricky, as I don't believe CX has a transfer desk in 2E, and you would need to a valid boarding pass to board the airside shuttle bus to 2A. Does CX have OLCI ?

2) I have 1:30 in transit time--that is, barring any delays from JFK. Will this be enough time for me to get from 2E to 2A? I'm in J class (Affaires) with AF and then connecting onto CX business class. How might this impact luggage delivery in terms of re-tagging bags and also actually loading them on the next aircraft?
This should be enough to take the shuttle bus from 2E to 2C and 2A.

3) The AF website advertises assistance (i.e., meet and transport) for J/F pax who have a tight connection. Does this apply to connections onto non-AF-operated flights even though I just arrived on an AF flight?
Highly unlikely, I am afraid.

4) Will I have to pass through passport/customs control? I'm a US citizen.
No. Just take the ADP (not the Air France) airside shuttle.

5) More importantly, should I walk or take the bus to my connecting flight? What advice do you have?
If your flight from JFK is on time, this is one of the connections where I would stick to the airside ADP shuttle. It runs every 15-20mn. If you arrive at the S3 satellite in 2E, 2A is your 3rd stop (1. main pier in 2E, 2. 2C and 3. 2A). If you arrive at 2E's main boarding pier, you only have two stops (2C and then 2A).

Walking would involve 2 immigration checks. The one in 2E should be fairly quick as there is an Access n°1 fast track lane. Walking to 2A would require about 15mn. There is an Access n°1 lane in 2A, too; but when I went through 2A a few weeks ago for my BA flight to LHR, it was blocked by baggage carts and seemingly not in operation.

Enjoy your flights
Old May 4, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
AF should be able to interline your baggage to CX, even on separate tickets. Getting your boarding pass is more tricky, as I don't believe CX has a transfer desk in 2E, and you would need to a valid boarding pass to board the airside shuttle bus to 2A. Does CX have OLCI ?

This should be enough to take the shuttle bus from 2E to 2C and 2A.

Highly unlikely, I am afraid.

No. Just take the ADP (not the Air France) airside shuttle.

If your flight from JFK is on time, this is one of the connections where I would stick to the airside ADP shuttle. It runs every 15-20mn. If you arrive at the S3 satellite in 2E, 2A is your 3rd stop (1. main pier in 2E, 2. 2C and 3. 2A). If you arrive at 2E's main boarding pier, you only have two stops (2C and then 2A).

Walking would involve 2 immigration checks. The one in 2E should be fairly quick as there is an Access n°1 fast track lane. Walking to 2A would require about 15mn. There is an Access n°1 lane in 2A, too; but when I went through 2A a few weeks ago for my BA flight to LHR, it was blocked by baggage carts and seemingly not in operation.

Enjoy your flights

Thanks for the helpful responses! I have some additional follow-up questions that you might hopefully be able to answer .

1) Let's just say that CX doesn't allow me to check in online--and hence I wouldn't have a boarding pass from CX--what then? What are my options, and will I still be able to make it on time? I was always under the impression that transit desks handled all transfers regardless of alliance. I'm definitely learning something new.

2) Also, will signs for ADP be clearly marked? I've heard that CDG can be a nightmare, and knowing me, I'd somehow take the AF bus :P.

3) Will I have time to use the Arrivals Lounge and shower? Or, not so much? I'm traveling in J class (for the first time ever aboard AF!) and I want to take advantage of all the available amenities.

Thanks once again.

Last edited by UVAhoo06; May 4, 2009 at 7:35 pm
Old May 6, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
Meeting Place & Interpreting CDG Terminal Map

Hello,

I've a question regarding a suitable meeting place at CDG. I'm arriving via NWA to terminal 2E. My friend is arriving 2 hours later via Air France to terminal 2D. I figure that I'll meet my friend when she arrives and we can head into Paris together.

Based on the earlier inquiries, it looks like our best bet may be the Sheraton hotel located between 2D and 2E.

I was looking at CDG's terminal 2D map (http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...port_CDG2D.pdf). Is the mapped area behind the security gates? or before? If it's before the security gates, does that mean I can access Hippopotamus or Cafe Select (as it seems to be a better place to meet)?

Thanks.

D3hwsu8
Old May 10, 2009, 1:19 pm

I had a longer layover than usual in CDG today. I hopped on the Val to Roissypole (less than 10mn from 2D) and booked a room at the Ibis (EUR 12 per hour, with a minimum of 2 hours - between 6AM and 8PM only). Clean room with a hot shower. I was able to take a nap and paid just EUR 24, far cheaper than my usual stay at the lobby of the Sheraton. A nice option, but no HHonors, SPG or Priority Club Points . I will certainly use this option again if I have a layover longer than 3hours ^.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, US CP
I had a longer layover than usual in CDG today. I hopped on the Val to Roissypole (less than 10mn from 2D) and booked a room at the Ibis (EUR 12 per hour, with a minimum of 2 hours - between 6AM and 8PM only). Clean room with a hot shower. I was able to take a nap and paid just EUR 24, far cheaper than my usual stay at the lobby of the Sheraton. A nice option, but no HHonors, SPG or Priority Club Points . I will certainly use this option again if I have a layover longer than 3hours ^.
+1. I did the same thing this past Saturday, and it worked out quite well. Particularly for those of us who otherwise wouldn't have access to showers -- thanks, UA! -- the Ibis is a cheap (24 euros) and convenient (probably 5-10 minutes from terminal 1) solution. It's not going to win any awards for large or lavish rooms, but it beats the alternative.

Last edited by Ejote; May 18, 2009 at 10:34 am Reason: Typo fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.