Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
WALK
2F (from the gate of your A/C) to 2E (immigration control) is only 5 min walk
That's what I thought. Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:45 pm

Louvre and back in 6 ?

We land at CDG via CO at 0730 and depart AF at 1330. The terminals appear to be 2A and 2F.

Is it reasonable to visit the Louvre (or some other noted Paris destination) and still make our connecting flight 6 hours later? If this is possible, is it best to travel "RER" or another method?

Thanks for your assist.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Boomerm3
We land at CDG via CO at 0730 and depart AF at 1330. The terminals appear to be 2A and 2F.

Is it reasonable to visit the Louvre (or some other noted Paris destination) and still make our connecting flight 6 hours later? If this is possible, is it best to travel "RER" or another method?
The Louvre takes most of the day to visit. But you certainly have time to take the RER into town. Maybe climb up the Arc de Triomphe or something easy that doesn't involved huge lines. Maybe just have a cup of coffee on the champs d'elysees and watch the world go by.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:44 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue

Yes, a quick visit to the Louvre is possible. However, you need to do what you can to avoid the lines, both at the RER station and at the museum to maximize your time there. Don't attempt this on a Tuesday, when the museum is closed. Also, if you're making this trip soon, check on the strike situation on the trains. Next Monday, November 9, the lines will be virtually shut down by strike action.

I'd disagree with Stimpy. It wouldn't take all day to see the Louvre. It would take days and weeks. So the answer is this: don't try and see it all. Decide on a couple of things you want to see (the Egyptian rooms, the classical sculpture galleries, the Mona Lisa?), use the map they give you, and enjoy your stroll from place to place. There are wonderful surprises in every room.

After clearing immigration (you'll enter the Schengen zone in Paris), follow the signs to the RER station. Use the ticket machines if you can: have a lot of euro change on you, 8€50 per person each way, or use a chip-and-pin credit card - US cards with just a magnetic strip usually won't work. Catch any RER train to Paris, get off at Châtelet-Les Halles - this takes just over half an hour, but remember you'll be traveling into town with rush-hour traffic, so it could take a little longer. If you have time (the museum doors open at 9), it's a leisurely 15-minute stroll to the museum. I would walk along rue Saint-Honoré, rather than the busier rue de Rivoli, finding a morning croissant and a café crème on the way. However from Châtelet, the fastest way to the museum is to connect with the same ticket to metro line 1, in the direction of La Défense 2 stops to Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre, NOT Louvre-Rivoli. Exit at the head of the train and walk in the same direction the train was traveling. Do not go to the surface where all the tourists will be lining up to get in. You'll have time to admire the palace, the Tuileries gardens and the glass pyramid when you leave the museum.

Go down a few steps and you'll be in the shopping mall under the Louvre. The wait to get into the museum is much shorter here. Once you're in, buy your ticket and explore.

I'd suggest you wind up your visit by 11:30 at the latest. Come out at the pyramid, and marvel at the crowds of tourists still trying to get in. If you have time for an overpriced coffee, stop at Café Marly, under the arcades facing the Pyramid.

I personally would be comfortable getting back on the metro by 12, but if you're concerned about connections or losing your way in an unfamiliar town, allow yourself a little more time. Take line 1 in the direction of Château de Vincennes back to Châtelet-Les Halles then RER B back to the airport. READ THE BOARDS ON THE PLATFORM and make sure your train is an airport train, not a train to Mitry, as the line forks. 2F is very close to the train station (get off at the second airport stop) and so long as your connecting flight is within Europe, you won't have to clear immigration, but you will need to clear security again. It's usually reasonably quick. If you are traveling in business or have any elite status on Skyteam, use the "Accès n° 1" entrances, marked with a purple sign. If you're flying out of 2F for some place outside of Europe like Algiers or Beirut, leave a little more time, for both immigration and the slightly longer walk.

At this point you may need a sandwich or a snack. Exki has several tasty, and even reasonably healthy, options. For a flight at 13.30, AF will give you lunch, but I find their standard economy menu, cold macaroni pie or pasta salad, unappetizing. The lounge sandwiches are fresher, but not much tastier.

Bon voyage!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
I'd disagree with Stimpy. It wouldn't take all day to see the Louvre. It would take days and weeks.
OK, I'll double-disagree and say it would take a few years at least. But even for a short visit I think this would be pushing it. For someone who doesn't know their way around, nor speak French, I would not at all recommend trying to visit the Louvre on such a short time scale. I live here and know Paris very well and I wouldn't even try it. Too much rushing around between flights is not my idea of a good time. Personally, if I were inclined to visit the city, I would take the RER B to Luxembourg and find a nice cafe and have a jet-lag meal of some sort. Maybe take a walk through the Gardens if the weather is OK.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Checked on af.com already to see the route I should take, and do realise I need to clear immigration again, but given I have an infant with me, how long should I leave for the relatively simple looking 2D-2C transfer?

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bobsmo
Checked on af.com already to see the route I should take, and do realise I need to clear immigration again, but given I have an infant with me, how long should I leave for the relatively simple looking 2D-2C transfer?

Thanks
If you choose to walk (which I strongly recommend), as opposed to take the shuttle bus, from the moment you enter 2D terminal to immigration in 2C. It should be no more than 15 min. Add time to pass immigration and security and you're done. But with an infant you may prefer of course the bus.
If you walk, just exit the baggage claim area of 2D (as if you were staying in Paris). When you reach the public zone, go on your right toward term 2B. In the corridor which connect 2D and 2B, about half-way, there will be a stair (with escalator and there is also a lift) that is going under the roads (term 2A/2C will be indicated on the signs of course). Take these stairs and on the other side, follow the 2C signs. Very simple & rapid.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:49 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
In a bit of bind trying to find award availability during the holidays:

is 45 mins enough to do a BA to AA connection? is it "legal"? Depart and arrive Terminal 2A.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
In a bit of bind trying to find award availability during the holidays:

is 45 mins enough to do a BA to AA connection? is it "legal"? Depart and arrive Terminal 2A.
The short answer is NO, NON.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by brunos
The short answer is NO, NON.
The answer I feared. Back to the drawing board, then.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Business class passenger assistance ST

I have a 60 minute connection arriving from FRA and then departing to ATL (both in Business). The latter is operated by DL. I understand that I will be met at the plane and brought to the boarding gate if timing is tight which seems likely. My question is:
Is there any difference in treatment depending on whether the outbound flight is ticketed as AF or DL? In other words, if I'm ticketed on DL, do I still get the plane-to-gate assistance, or is there some lesser probability?
(sorry for not reading 59 pages - I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere...)
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by duluthDL
I have a 60 minute connection arriving from FRA and then departing to ATL (both in Business). The latter is operated by DL. I understand that I will be met at the plane and brought to the boarding gate if timing is tight which seems likely. My question is:
Is there any difference in treatment depending on whether the outbound flight is ticketed as AF or DL? In other words, if I'm ticketed on DL, do I still get the plane-to-gate assistance, or is there some lesser probability?
(sorry for not reading 59 pages - I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere...)
No, there should be no difference in treatment between an AF- or DL-ticketed pax (in principle )
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, AA GLD/AC, SPG Gold
CDG Rallying Point

Can anybody help me with this one? (sorry I just couldn't scan 60 pages to see if it is answered)....
I have an upcoming trip to Paris in which I will be meeting up with friends and family in CDG prior to transferring into the city. Our flights are all scheduled to arrive at 2E within three hours of each other. My question is:

1) What is the best "rallying point" at which we can meet?

I assume we will have to clear customs first, one of us is in business class, two in premium economy, one in coach....is there at least a lounge door at which we could meet up? Or is there a significant, unmistakable landmark in 2E that would be better?

Thank you in advance
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bonzz
Can anybody help me with this one? (sorry I just couldn't scan 60 pages to see if it is answered)....
I have an upcoming trip to Paris in which I will be meeting up with friends and family in CDG prior to transferring into the city. Our flights are all scheduled to arrive at 2E within three hours of each other. My question is:

1) What is the best "rallying point" at which we can meet?

I assume we will have to clear customs first, one of us is in business class, two in premium economy, one in coach....is there at least a lounge door at which we could meet up? Or is there a significant, unmistakable landmark in 2E that would be better?

Thank you in advance
I would suggest at the arrival (public) zone, just after customs
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Free beauty services in baggage reclaim area at 2E

ADP is offering a range of free, quick beauty services in the baggage reclaim area of Terminal 2E just before the Christmas holidays, from December 17th do December 22nd:

· clothes pressing to eliminate wrinkles
· hairdresser for fast styling
· make-up to freshen your looks
· manicure to fix broken nails
· massage to relax after a long flight
· shoeshine to make shoes look shiny and new

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...aynoel2009.pdf

A nice touch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.