Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
...- 5mn-10mn to clear security at the gate in 2D...
Which you can reduce further by one min. if you wear beltless pants
Old May 18, 2006, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Which you can reduce further by one min. if you wear beltless pants
Thanks JOUY31, Falco Peregrinus, KLouis !!!

You make me feel better and less anxious about the short transfer time.

In case I missed the flight to Lisbon, what should I do??? Any ideas??
Old May 18, 2006, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by chriscc
In case I missed the flight to Lisbon, what should I do??? Any ideas??

go to the next available transfer desk and you will be rebooked on the next available flight. If you miss it because your incoming flight is delayed - you may want to ask for a food voucher. there are alot of flights between CDG and LIS so it won't be a problem at all.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Question

Any decent Japanese restaurant at CDG T2?
Old May 22, 2006, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
Any decent Japanese restaurant at CDG T2?
none I am aware of. in T2 there's a brasserie FLO, but certainly no japanese. I am even wondering if there's anything asian at CDG (not speaking of chicken mc nuggets with sweet-sour sauce here )
Old May 22, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
JAL's lounge at 2F must be the best Japanese restaurant then.
Let's wait for a lounge report by Serpentos.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Old May 24, 2006, 7:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Are talking about this so-called lounge ?

only a few snack and a quite decent sake... no sushi !

Last edited by Serpentos; May 24, 2006 at 7:28 am
Old May 29, 2006, 2:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
ADP opens renovated runway 4 at ORY on June 1st

Press release (English)

Press kit (French)
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:46 pm

Question First-Time Poster w/ Questions re CDG

Flying internationally for the first time soon via AF--just a little nervous but discovered this wonderful forum which has helped alot. Itinerary is BOS(AF337)-CDG(AF1126)-VCE on 06/10/06; returning 06/21/06 FCO(AF1205)-CDG(AF332)-BOS. Connection times at CDG are pretty tight: on 06/10 70min with 6:15 AM arrival at 2E and 7:25 AM departure at 2F; on 06/21 45min with 12:30 PM arrival at 2F and 1:15 PM departure at 2E. Was very concerned about connection times and transfer procedures but have read though this thread and found lots of good advice. Just want to be sure I'm correctly interpreting what I've read.

70min on 06/10 shouldn't be a problem. We go through customs/security in 2E, cross the Galerie to 2F, go up the escalator to the departures level, go to the left wing, go through customs/security again, go to our gate. Correct?

45min on 06/21 is cutting it close. Is transfer practically a reversal of above? Or are there any kinks thrown in?

I've seen some references to buses. Not sure I understand exactly what the situation is at CDG. Are the references to (1) shuttle buses between terminals AND to (2) buses from gates to aircraft? I don't have any experience with not boarding an aircraft from a jetway at the terminal but instead having to be bused to the aircraft. From what I read, it appeared that depending the 2E gate, you may be bused to/from a different location. Is that correct? Is this true for 2F arrivals/departures as well?

One last concern re luggage: My husband and I plan to NOT check any luggage and carry our 4 pieces of baggage on board--1 handbag, 1 camera case, and 2 carry-ons which meet 115cm and 12 kg requirements indicated on AirFrance/US website. However, the ADP/CDG website indicates that only 1 piece of hand baggage per passenger is permitted with weight not to exceed 5kg. Whose requirements prevail--airline's or airport's? Will we have to check our carry-ons once we're at CDG?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me, Wise Ones.

Last edited by patticrocker; Jun 4, 2006 at 8:42 pm
Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:46 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some quick answers, I am in a rush and will try to elaborate later on.

Originally Posted by patticrocker
Itinerary is BOS(AF337)-CDG(AF1126)-VCE on 06/10/06; returning 06/21/06 FCO(AF1205)-CDG(AF332)-BOS. Connection times at CDG are pretty tight: on 06/10 70min with 6:15 AM arrival at 2E and 7:25 AM departure at 2F; on 06/21 45min with 12:30 PM arrival at 2F and 1:15 PM departure at 2E.

70min on 06/10 shouldn't be a problem. We go through customs/security in 2E, cross the Galerie to 2F, go up the escalator to the departures level, go to the left wing, go through customs/security again, go to our gate. Correct?
Yes. But you also clear immigration (not security) in 2E, not just customs for your carry-ons. And you only have a security check in 2F, not customs.

re luggage: My husband and I plan to NOT check any luggage and carry our 4 pieces of baggage on board--1 handbag, 1 camera case, and 2 carry-ons which meet 115cm and 12 kg requirements indicated on AirFrance/US website.
Actually each passenger is allowed one carry-on and one personal item. The handbag, camera case (laptops, also) qualify as personal items, so there should not be a problem.

Enjoy your flights
Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually each passenger is allowed one carry-on and one personal item. The handbag, camera case (laptops, also) qualify as personal items, so there should not be a problem.

Enjoy your flights
you're right, but I heard that vigipirate (anti terror laws in france) require the one carry one policy, no personal item. sometimes they inforce that policy, sometime they don't. or am I wrong?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
you're right, but I heard that vigipirate (anti terror laws in france) require the one carry one policy, no personal item. sometimes they inforce that policy, sometime they don't. or am I wrong?
Well, I have not been seen it implemented on my mostly intra-European and French domestic flights .
Old Jun 7, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Connection time at CDG

Arriving from Nice at 14:50 on a Sunday and flying on to Turin at 16:10 on AF.

Should I travel with cabin bags only or can I risk checked-luggage given the short connection time. Both flights use terminal 2F I think.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:53 pm

Some quick answers, I am in a rush and will try to elaborate later on.

Yes. But you also clear immigration (not security) in 2E, not just customs for your carry-ons. And you only have a security check in 2F, not customs.

Enjoy your flights
Appreciate the info! Is immigration/customs one operation or two separate lines? How long a wait is there likely to be at 6:30 on a Sunday morning? Or, of even more concern since connection time is shorter, how about 12:30 on a Wednesday afternoon? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.