Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by wahaha1
My parents will be flying from HKG - CDG to terminal 2E and my flight will be flying from JFK - CDG to the same terminal around the same time. Since my parents speak zero french and english, I would like to meet them up before going to immigration.

Is there any place that we can meet up inside the 2E terminal before passing the immigration?

You all end up in front of the immigration booths, except if you connect to a non-Schengen destination. There's really no other joint location before that point, given the fact that you will be using different gates.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
You all end up in front of the immigration booths, except if you connect to a non-Schengen destination. There's really no other joint location before that point, given the fact that you will be using different gates.
Jouy is right and gave you the best (and only) option if both of you arrive in terminal 2E.

But please note that sometimes, for operational reasons, flights may arrive in terminal 2F instead of terminal 2E. It really doesn't happen often, but you can never know in advance (those changes are decided just before landing).
I would recommend you to be able to contact them by cell phone.
If it is impossible, maybe just meet them after the passeport check and the bagage area of terminal 2E.
There is only one exit after the bagage area in terminal 2E.
If ever you or your parents arrive in terminal 2F, once you've exited the bagage area in terminal 2F, you just need to walk on the same level 2 minutes towards terminal 2E to reach the exit of terminal 2E.

Of course my recommendation is only valid if your final destination is Paris and if you don't want to transfer to another flight.

Last edited by 380; Jul 3, 2009 at 4:36 pm
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:40 am

Transfer 2G to 2E

I have an upcoming FLR-CDG-LHR trip with a 2 hour layover in CDG. FLR-CDG will arrive in 2G and CDG-LHR will leave from 2E.

I take it since FLR-CDG is within Schengen states, I can not transfer airside to 2E then? Is there a shuttle from 2G to 2E? I remember going to 2G last month in a taxi from Paris and it was quite a drive from other number 2 terminals.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi BroadwayBoy,

I'm going to take Jouy31's answer from a few posts above:

Landside shuttle bus N2 takes you from 2G to 2E/2F in about 7mn plus a 2mn walk to immigration and the time needed for the bus to arrive at 2G
Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:09 pm

Arriving from EWR on CO at 2A and departing on AF to SXB from 2G. Is 2 hours enough time? I see on your FAQ that I need to take a shuttle and 2G looks as far away as it can get from 2A. Do I go through immigration at CDG or SXB? I will be checking my luggage right through to SXB.

I've landed countless times at CDG but have never had a connecting flight.

This the first time that I've had an occasion to visit the AF forum and it really is fabulous. Nice job everyone!

Bobette
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by b1513
Arriving from EWR on CO at 2A and departing on AF to SXB from 2G. Is 2 hours enough time? I see on your FAQ that I need to take a shuttle and 2G looks as far away as it can get from 2A. Do I go through immigration at CDG or SXB? I will be checking my luggage right through to SXB.

I've landed countless times at CDG but have never had a connecting flight.

This the first time that I've had an occasion to visit the AF forum and it really is fabulous. Nice job everyone!

Bobette
Remember how relatively quick it is to pop out of CDG?

Add to that the time it would take to go back through security and voila - time to connect. You should be fine.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by KNRG
You should be fine.
Thanks so much,KNRG.

Bobette
Old Jul 18, 2009, 4:19 am

hi to all. I`m landing On Paris CDG terminal 2D this thursday at 15.10..and my connection flight to toulouse is at terminal 2F at 15.50... what`s the simplest and fastest way to get to 2F (should i go to exit 6 and take the bus shuttle? or should i walk??).

Last edited by Supreme04; Jul 18, 2009 at 4:25 am
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Supreme04,

Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by Supreme04
hi to all. I`m landing On Paris CDG terminal 2D this thursday at 15.10..and my connection flight to toulouse is at terminal 2F at 15.50... what`s the simplest and fastest way to get to 2F (should i go to exit 6 and take the bus shuttle? or should i walk??).
I would walk. As you get out of 2D, make a left, pass the train station and you will get to 2F. You will be leaving from 2F1, the nearest part of 2F coming from 2D. The shuttle bus could keep you waiting for a while.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Supreme04
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk ,

Are you on a single ticket ? 40mn is a pretty short connection. I would not try it, except if I had no other choice. Your best option would be to RUN from 2D to 2F. Don't take the bus.

Once in you're in 2D, just head towards the TGV station and 2F. Walking should take 10-12mn. Running could shorten that time to 5-7mn. If you are an Elite Plus or a business class passenger, take the Acces n°1 fast track security checkpoint in 2F. Otherwise, continue further into 2F to the main security checkpoint, where there is a special lane, located to the right, for flights that are about to close.

Main issues :
- if you are arriving at a remote stand into 2D, you need to add 15mn to the time needed for the transfer
- time needed to clear security in 2F

I would recommend that you check-in online for both segments, so that AF can be aware of your short connection. They will not delay the flight to TLS, but they might pick you up at your incoming aircraft's door and rush you to the next one. But in any case, they will need you to go through security.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:25 am

thank you for your welcome greetz. I`m travelling with a friend so we are 2...
About checking-in on-line...i thought about that too..but i figured i can ask for my boarding pass for paris-toulouse when i`ll check-in for the flight budapest-paris..isn`t this also ok?
so i don`t know what you mean about remote stand...but as a conclusion the easiest solution is to walk/run to 2f wright? and i think even if the plane is delayed 10 mins..i`ll still have half an hour...so if i hurry i should be able to get to the plane on time wright?

p.s. i purchased the ticket monday on a hurry and i didn`t see the hours i just looked for the lowest fare and for a connection in CDG not in orly so i wouldn`t have to transfer..So this is the option that airfrance.com offered me..so if it`s selled like this by them...it shouldn`t be such a bigger problem to get from 2d to 2f under this circumstances wright?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Gold
Transfer between 2E - 2G and back

I have an upcoming trip with pretty tight connections arriving into/departing CDG. I have read several threads and just want to make sure I will do this right. My flight arrives into 2E and then I have one hour connection out of 2G. Checked the AF website and it mentions connecting by bus after clearing passport control and customs then clearing security on 2G again.

I just have a few questions:
1. Is there any quicker way to get to 2G other than the bus?
2. Where do I catch the connecting bus (shuttle N2), is it clearly indicated?
3. Clearing customs I assume means only my carry-on luggage, my luggage should be checked to the final destination (Spain)?
4. Is one hour connection do-able on both segments? I have talked to a couple of AF reps, both of which insisted 45 minutes is all that is needed...

On the return seems like a similar process. I arrive into 2G, the only difference in connecting to 2E (USA bound flight) is not having passport control upon arrival into 2G.

I appreciate any feedback on this. Have connected several times through CDG, just never using 2G. Thanks again.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
1. Is there any quicker way to get to 2G other than the bus?
2. Where do I catch the connecting bus (shuttle N2), is it clearly indicated?
3. Clearing customs I assume means only my carry-on luggage, my luggage should be checked to the final destination (Spain)?
4. Is one hour connection do-able on both segments? I have talked to a couple of AF reps, both of which insisted 45 minutes is all that is needed...
Q1. You can only reach terminal 2G with the bus. It is not possible to walk to 2G.

Q2. If you arrive in terminal 2E, once you've exited the bagage area, just walk straight ahead 50 meters. It's less than a one minute walk after the exit. The bus stop for terminal 2G is situated just behind the Hertz (car rental) desk. One bus every 10 minutes in the worst case.

Q3. Yes, you can ask for you luggage to be checked through to your final destination.

Q4. If your inbound flight is on time and the queue at the passport check (in 2E)/security (in 2G) not too long, it should be ok.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:32 am

On the return seems like a similar process. I arrive into 2G, the only difference in connecting to 2E (USA bound flight) is not having passport control upon arrival into 2G.
Yes. But you will have of course a passport check upon departure in 2E.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:43 am

I appreciate any feedback on this. Have connected several times through CDG, just never using 2G. Thanks again.
Just two advices:
- if you fly in business or have a skyteam elite plus card, do not hesitate to use the fast track lanes called "Acces N.1" (both at the security check and at the passport control)
- on your inbound flight from the US, try to be seated as much at the front as possible. You can save precious minutes for your transfer.

Please tell us after your trip how everything was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.