Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:28 pm

I was always getting confused by the three Halls at CDG 2E so I started saying to myself K, L, M. K is right at 2E, L is next and M is the newest.

K L M. K L M. Is it a coincidence that they spell KLM the partner airline? Or was it intended?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
I was always getting confused by the three Halls at CDG 2E so I started saying to myself K, L, M. K is right at 2E, L is next and M is the newest.

K L M. K L M. Is it a coincidence that they spell KLM the partner airline? Or was it intended?
Coincidence.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Coincidence.
Ok. Thanks. I know about A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Where are H, I, J? Were they not used because of potential confusion?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Ok. Thanks. I know about A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Where are H, I, J? Were they not used because of potential confusion?
I is not a very convenient letter, leading to confusions with 1 or L when printed.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:19 am

And J can be confusing, with the French and English pronunciations of G and J being essentially reversed.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rove312
And J can be confusing, with the French and English pronunciations of G and J being essentially reversed.
Very true
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: FB Plat
And H is probably saved in case another extension to Terminal 2 should be built. As if it wasn't big enough already.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
And H is probably saved in case another extension to Terminal 2 should be built. As if it wasn't big enough already.
Maybe I'm misremembering something, but didn't CDG T2 have a satellite (high numbered E gates) that was referred to as "satellite H"?

This may have been well over 10 years ago though...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Maybe I'm misremembering something, but didn't CDG T2 have a satellite (high numbered E gates) that was referred to as "satellite H"?

This may have been well over 10 years ago though...
I don't think so, but now that I think about it, it might have been the "aire Hotel" which was the temporary structure built when the current K concourse (which was the only 2E boarding pier at that time) collapsed. The aire hotel is still used for plane remote parking' but the structure built is not used anymore for pax.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
My wife, she who shall be obeyed, asked that I verify that we're fine for our upcoming transit through CDG. We'll be flying DXB>CDG>ATL flying the DXB>CDG on AF then CDG>ATL on DL. All flights booked as Delta One so we have SkyPriority. Right now we're arriving and departing at 2E and have a little over three hours. Assuming we're on time arriving I see no problem but Mrs K is looking for validation of that. After a less than pleasant connection in LHR a couple of years ago she's concerned about a recurrence in CDG. Again I think all things being on time we're fine......?????

Last edited by Randyk47; Jul 14, 2017 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:25 am

3 hours for 2E-2E is about 2 hours too much...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
^ Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ditto
Indeed. Just security to clear. OP and his wife will have time to relax/rest in the lounge
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed. Just security to clear. OP and his wife will have time to relax/rest in the lounge
Might add that we're kind of "babysitting" a friend on the way home. His wife is staying back in UAE to visit her daughter who works there and he is traveling back with us. He's not all that old or anywhere near senile but he's just one of those folks who will wander off. We travel extensively with them and more than once we've temporarily lost him as he'll fall behind, see something that interests him, and without a word he's gone. All I need is a LHR like zoo and watching out for him. Sounds like other than keeping track of him CDG won't be too difficult. Thanks again.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Randyk47
Might add that we're kind of "babysitting" a friend on the way home. His wife is staying back in UAE to visit her daughter who works there and he is traveling back with us. He's not all that old or anywhere near senile but he's just one of those folks who will wander off. We travel extensively with them and more than once we've temporarily lost him as he'll fall behind, see something that interests him, and without a word he's gone. All I need is a LHR like zoo and watching out for him. Sounds like other than keeping track of him CDG won't be too difficult. Thanks again.
you'll be fine !
have fun with your friend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.