FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
March 2017. I can't be more precise at that stage, sorry.
Don't worry, it is already quite precise
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:06 pm

Newbie question: Let's say I book separate tickets arriving on SQ (terminal 1) and leaving from terminal 2 on either AF or BA to LHR. If I check a bag (I assume they will not check it through), will I be able to stay airside or will I have to get landside to switch terminals? I.e. is there any stand in T1 where I could re-check the bag?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by koroleon
Newbie question: Let's say I book separate tickets arriving on SQ (terminal 1) and leaving from terminal 2 on either AF or BA to LHR. If I check a bag (I assume they will not check it through), will I be able to stay airside or will I have to get landside to switch terminals? I.e. is there any stand in T1 where I could re-check the bag?
If your bags are not checked through (very likely the case as you said), there's no way you can stay airside if you have to collect bags and re-check them with the other airline.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:07 am

If your bags are not checked through (very likely the case as you said), there's no way you can stay airside if you have to collect bags and re-check them with the other airline.
Thanks for your reply. I was expecting it to be this way to be honest, but I was secretly hoping to be surprised.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:22 am
pxm

Will be traveling to CDG from ORD on AF next week. In an other thread someone mentioned that the PARAFE booths had been taken out as ADP is preparing to add a new system. Does anyone who has traveled recently know if the new boots are now functioning?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pxm
Will be traveling to CDG from ORD on AF next week. In an other thread someone mentioned that the PARAFE booths had been taken out as ADP is preparing to add a new system. Does anyone who has traveled recently know if the new boots are now functioning?
the PARAFE gates on departure in 2E are still there. It is the ones on arrival at 2E that have been removed. And, as of last week, the new ones were not installed yet.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
the PARAFE gates on departure in 2E are still there. It is the ones on arrival at 2E that have been removed. And, as of last week, the new ones were not installed yet.
On a side note, when departing 2E last week the PARAFE gates were even slower than usual to read passport and fingerprints, plus it threw up even more bugs than usual (several parafe eligible passports were turned away from the machines). I hope the new machines will arrive quickly.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by joyu12
I hope the new machines will arrive quickly.
We all hope...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:31 pm

I am flying BES-CDG-SFO next week, and I am arriving at 2F and departing from 2E...my layover is about 3 hours, so I was hoping to maybe go use a priority pass lounge in 2A. Is it possible to access the MLL lounge in 2A if I'm not flying out of 2A?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kthpence
I am flying BES-CDG-SFO next week, and I am arriving at 2F and departing from 2E...my layover is about 3 hours, so I was hoping to maybe go use a priority pass lounge in 2A. Is it possible to access the MLL lounge in 2A if I'm not flying out of 2A?
No.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:06 am

No.
Fantastic
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
This is just a quick comment that I was in the new 2G lounge yesterday and it is perfect. One of the best lounges AF has to offer right now (and on par/better than 2E, and definitively better than 2F...).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I will potentially be in the following scenario: Arrive T2E gates K, 5 hours connection and departure from T2E gates L.
The AF lounge at gates L seems a bit crappy, is it possible to go use the AF lounge gates K and then head over the gates L ?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mirk
I will potentially be in the following scenario: Arrive T2E gates K, 5 hours connection and departure from T2E gates L.
The AF lounge at gates L seems a bit crappy, is it possible to go use the AF lounge gates K and then head over the gates L ?
No. And the lounge in L is far from being crappy. Not as nice as M lounge of course. The main problem of L today is not-as-good food offering as in K or M.
May I ask why you think you will arrive in K and leave from L, because this is far from being sure (unless you fly on an A380 departing after 2 pm and in this case, it is sure that it is from L).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
May I ask why you think you will arrive in K and leave from L, because this is far from being sure (unless you fly on an A380 departing after 2 pm and in this case, it is sure that it is from L).
You got it for the L K is more of a probability bet.
I will either arrive to K or L, the later is no questions asked for the lounge while if I arrive K, lounge there is tempting since I land just before lunch and they offer good warm food

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.