Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
You got it for the L K is more of a probability bet.
I will either arrive to K or L, the later is no questions asked for the lounge while if I arrive K, lounge there is tempting since I land just before lunch and they offer good warm food
ah ah !
don't worry, you can have good cold food in L. As you have a long layover, do not forget to sign-up for a massage at the Clarins spa as soon as you arrive in the lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
ah ah !
don't worry, you can have good cold food in L. As you have a long layover, do not forget to sign-up for a massage at the Clarins spa as soon as you arrive in the lounge.
You bet I won't !
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:37 pm

Do you think a 2.5 hour layover is enough time to venture to the Sheraton to get some lunch? I'll be arriving at 2F, and either departing from 2F or 2E, if that matters.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kthpence
Do you think a 2.5 hour layover is enough time to venture to the Sheraton to get some lunch? I'll be arriving at 2F, and either departing from 2F or 2E, if that matters.
a bit short IMO if you depart from 2E (long lines at immigration).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:51 pm

I got my hands on this little paper from a FA recently. I thought it would answer a lot of the questions asked on this forum so here it is!

The schedule time is quite generous as for example I recently managed 2E L -> 2F in 8 mins but that was the ideal configuration with no queues and SkyPriority.

I will try to get a better scan someday when I will pause for a bit the flying!
Attached Images   
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Flying blue
delete

Last edited by nguaroth; Mar 30, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Transfer Time for Lounge?

I am flying AF from the U.S. in J, landing in 2E and then connecting onto a non-schengen flight out of 2E as well with a 2.5 hour layover.
How long will it take me to transfer, does SkyPriority help in anyway? I do not have to go through passport control, correct? And will I have time to go to the lounge in my respective pier?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by safari ari
I am flying AF from the U.S. in J, landing in 2E and then connecting onto a non-schengen flight out of 2E as well with a 2.5 hour layover.
How long will it take me to transfer, does SkyPriority help in anyway? I do not have to go through passport control, correct? And will I have time to go to the lounge in my respective pier?
A 2E-2E transfer should be relatively quick (30mins) as you do not need to pass passport control and you will have SkyPriority at your security check. You should have more than enough time to go to the lounge in your respective pier.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by safari ari
With a 2.5 hour layover, you will have plenty of time to do a 2E-->2E connection. The transfer time should be no longer than 35 minutes. It's even possible to do it in <20 minutes if you're lucky.

There are special SkyPriority lanes for transfer desks and security IIRC. As such, it should leave time for the lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: Flying blue
I wonder why a transfer from 2G to 2E M gates (45 mins) takes significantly longer than 2E K or L gates (35 mins). Isn't the 2E M terminal closest to 2G? Furthermore, why is the transfer in the other direction faster, i.e., from 2EM to 2G is supposedly only 35 mins?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nguaroth
I wonder why a transfer from 2G to 2E M gates (45 mins) takes significantly longer than 2E K or L gates (35 mins). Isn't the 2E M terminal closest to 2G? Furthermore, why is the transfer in the other direction faster, i.e., from 2EM to 2G is supposedly only 35 mins?
I believe this is a mistake in AF doc because there is a bus line going straight from 2G to 2E/M. I did this connection once in something like 15 min.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Priority Line for Passport Control questions

I have a question on how to use the passport control priority line while transiting Terminals 2F to 2E in CDG.

Do I ask for an Access No 1 pass as the check-in counter (in BCN), or do I just show a BP with SkyPriority printed on to get into the Access No 1 line? I usually only use OLCI because I do not have luggage to check. Not sure if that is a factor.

Here are my travel details:
Tickets purchased from DL in J.
Traveling on AF metal: BCN-CDG, CDG-DTW.
Layover is 1hr 15mins.

Looks like I will be going from 2F to 2E. Some great videos on YouTube, so I can see there are Passport Control Access No 1 lines at both 2E/K and 2E/L,M. This is my first time connecting in CDG.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FTstudent
I have a question on how to use the passport control priority line while transiting Terminals 2F to 2E in CDG.

Do I ask for an Access No 1 pass as the check-in counter (in BCN), or do I just show a BP with SkyPriority printed on to get into the Access No 1 line? I usually only use OLCI because I do not have luggage to check. Not sure if that is a factor.

Here are my travel details:
Tickets purchased from DL in J.
Traveling on AF metal: BCN-CDG, CDG-DTW.
Layover is 1hr 15mins.

Looks like I will be going from 2F to 2E. Some great videos on YouTube, so I can see there are Passport Control Access No 1 lines at both 2E/K and 2E/L,M. This is my first time connecting in CDG.
You just have to show your BP with Sky Priority written on it to the agent checking the eligibility at the line entrance.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You just have to show your BP with Sky Priority written on it to the agent checking the eligibility at the line entrance.
Great. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:10 pm

The document I posted some time ago in a better quality:
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.