Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: FB Gold
Transfer 2F to 2C and 2C to 2G

It's been a long time since my last transfer in CDG so here are my questions:
  1. is a transfer from 2F to 2C (ZRH-RUH) better on foot or by shuttle mentioned on http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passe...ecting-flights? Transfer time is 2h20m.
  2. 2C to 2G looks dreadful (JED-BSL), is it actually doable in 1h35m?

I'm booked on AF Y and SV C but on separate tickets. I should have access No 1 because of business class, bags should be able to get checked through - at least that's what I hope for .

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KL803
  1. is a transfer from 2F to 2C (ZRH-RUH) better on foot or by shuttle mentioned on http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passe...ecting-flights? Transfer time is 2h20m.

I'm booked on AF Y and SV C but on separate tickets. I should have access No 1 because of business class, bags should be able to get checked through - at least that's what I hope for .

Thanks for any help!
1) just walk. It will take you 10 min.
2) not as easy as the previous connection. Perfectly feasible normally but I would never book such a connection on separate tickets. Your bags will likely be checked-through but this is not 100% guaranteed as airlines are more and more reluctant to do so.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
1) just walk. It will take you 10 min.
2) not as easy as the previous connection. Perfectly feasible normally but I would never book such a connection on separate tickets. Your bags will likely be checked-through but this is not 100% guaranteed as airlines are more and more reluctant to do so.
Thanks Goldorak for your reply. As for 2), I reckon that there'll be immigration in 2C. Afterwards, am I right that I walk to 2F to catch the N2 shuttle from there? From the terminal and shuttle maps this looks like the best option.

Of course, I'm aware of the issue of separate tickets, I'll have to take my chances though .
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks Goldorak for your reply. As for 2), I reckon that there'll be immigration in 2C. Afterwards, am I right that I walk to 2F to catch the N2 shuttle from there? From the terminal and shuttle maps this looks like the best option.
Yes, that's the way to reach 2G.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
90 minutes 2D to 2E

I have a 90 minute connection from 2D to 2E. Is it better to walk than to take the shuttle? I assume if I take the shuttle, I may be able to avoid security, but I've never made this connection before whereas if I walk, I will have to reclear security. It looks like the bus loops around all the terminals before arriving back to 2E, making it a potential issue.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:55 pm

Hi guys, I have priority pass Access (Digital only for this trip). I am flying in economy and will be arriving at Terminal 1 on Brussel airline (international flight). I will be departing a shengen flight KLM to AMS from terminal 2F.

Can i use lounge in Terminal 1 if my flight is departing from terminal 2F ?

I have 4 hours to kill on CDG and would like to use Lounge access which provides digital access,

Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 does and Sheltair lounge in 2D allow digital card access.

Please advise.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by asgr81
Hi guys, I have priority pass Access (Digital only for this trip). I am flying in economy and will be arriving at Terminal 1 on Brussel airline (international flight). I will be departing a shengen flight KLM to AMS from terminal 2F.

Can i use lounge in Terminal 1 if my flight is departing from terminal 2F ?

I have 4 hours to kill on CDG and would like to use Lounge access which provides digital access,

Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 does and Sheltair lounge in 2D allow digital card access.
No you can't have lounge access in T1 in your situation (and Star A. lounge is known now to refuse access on arrival).
You may give it a try in 2D but really not sure. I have not flown from 2D for ages, but I heard that the lounge which was landside is now airside. If it is the case, then you won't have access.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:36 pm

Transfer from 2E to 2G

This will be my first time transferring at CDG and I my flight from JFK arrives into Terminal 2E at 8:35 a.m. I then have a departing flight to GOA which departs Terminal 2G at 10:20 a.m. Naturally my question relates too how long it will take transferring from one terminal to the other. Is the transfer landside or airside and can I walk between terminals or do I have to take the bus? Also will I have to collect my bags at CDG and recheck them to GOA or when I fly out of JFK can I check my bags straight through to GOA? Many thanks in advance for any advice and guidance!

Last edited by laf747; May 3, 2016 at 12:42 pm Reason: Additional question
Old May 3, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by laf747
This will be my first time transferring at CDG and I my flight from JFK arrives into Terminal 2E at 8:35 a.m. I then have a departing flight to GOA which departs Terminal 2G at 10:20 a.m. Naturally my question relates too how long it will take transferring from one terminal to the other. Is the transfer landside or airside and can I walk between terminals or do I have to take the bus? Also will I have to collect my bags at CDG and recheck them to GOA or when I fly out of JFK can I check my bags straight through to GOA? Many thanks in advance for any advice and guidance!
It will be a bus transfer from 2E to 2G. You will have to clear immigration in CDG and go through security. On the way back, it will be immigration only.
It's hard to say how long it will take you as the lines at immigration can be pretty long since the terrorist attacks of Paris last november with tighter controls. I'd say it will take you 1h.
Your bags will be checked through GOA. No need to collect them and re-check in CDG
Old May 3, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It will be a bus transfer from 2E to 2G. You will have to clear immigration in CDG and go through security. On the way back, it will be immigration only.
It's hard to say how long it will take you as the lines at immigration can be pretty long since the terrorist attacks of Paris last november with tighter controls. I'd say it will take you 1h.
Your bags will be checked through GOA. No need to collect them and re-check in CDG
Many thanks for the information. It is much appreciated!
Old May 6, 2016, 11:51 am

Thanks for any help!
A short update how it went:

AF didn't check the bags through so reclaim it was at 2F and then all the way to 2C. It was a bit inconvenient but absolutely doable. But I'm much more concerned now for the way back, as 1h35m with bags to reclaim and recheck is way too short. I'll talk to Saudia, if they would through-check, if they don't, I'll have to change my flight. At least my ticket is changeable for a fee…
Old May 6, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

A short update how it went:

AF didn't check the bags through so reclaim it was at 2F and then all the way to 2C. It was a bit inconvenient but absolutely doable. But I'm much more concerned now for the way back, as 1h35m with bags to reclaim and recheck is way too short. I'll talk to Saudia, if they would through-check, if they don't, I'll have to change my flight. At least my ticket is changeable for a fee…
Good to know. Thanks for sharing. A shame really to see that they don't even agree to check-through within the same alliance.
Please report how it went for the return trip.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:54 pm

Hi -- just booked a Delta ticket with connecting through CDG ... can someone advise what I will have to do @ CDG (EU immigration, customs, security screening, train, etc.).

It is all on one ticket and has 1:40 connection .. arrive 12:05pm, depart 1:45pm.

Routing is Air France/CityJet DUB-CDG then Air France CDG-IAD

Looks like I will arrive in 2E and depart from 2F but I have no idea what that means.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by PlateMan
Hi -- just booked a Delta ticket with connecting through CDG ... can someone advise what I will have to do @ CDG (EU immigration, customs, security screening, train, etc.).

It is all on one ticket and has 1:40 connection .. arrive 12:05pm, depart 1:45pm.

Routing is Air France/CityJet DUB-CDG then Air France CDG-IAD

Looks like I will arrive in 2E and depart from 2F but I have no idea what that means.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
No immigration as you connect non-Schengen to non-Schengen. You will arrive in 2E and will depart from 2E so same-terminal connection. However, 2E has 3 concourses (K, L, M) and we can't tell you in advance to which one you will arrive and the one you will depart from. So look at the screens for your IAD flight and go to the appropriate concourse and gate.
You will have to go through security during this connection.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The answer is probably in here but I've had no luck. Flying J on AF IAH-CDG then connecting to AF/HOP to FRA with 90 minutes to make it. Do I clear immigration/customs in CDG and should that be enough time with checked luggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.