Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jrjcopp
Arriving on an AF domestic flight at terminal 2F, carryon luggage only.

Departing AA international flight at terminal 2E, could carryon but rather check luggage.

What is the easiest way to make this connection? We have three hours between arrival and departure.
AA counters are now in 2C (at the extreme right of the terminal, last check-I'm counters before the pathway going to 2A). The best way to do this connection is walking (10 min). Do not take any bus, waste of time .
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:44 am

Hi there - I've never flown throgh CDG before so would be v grateful for some advice, please!

I'm in a party of 6 flying economy with AF from LHR to JNB this coming Saturday evening, with a 1hr 10min connection at CDG. We're due to land at CDG terminal 2E at 22.20, and our ongoing flight to JNB is due to leave also from 2E at 22.30.

Starting to feel a bit nervous about making the connection, esp as it's the last flight out of CDG that night. Id be grateful for some advice on the best route through the terminal, and also if there is anything we can do to speed up our transfer - eg will it help to tell staff onboard our flight from London that we have an short connection to make? Will we need to go through passport control?

I'm assuming it is possible to make it as they wouldn't sell the flight otherwise, but I'm well aware that a delay on our flight from London could mean it all goes pear-shaped.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by siriamis
Hi there - I've never flown throgh CDG before so would be v grateful for some advice, please!

I'm in a party of 6 flying economy with AF from LHR to JNB this coming Saturday evening, with a 1hr 10min connection at CDG. We're due to land at CDG terminal 2E at 22.20, and our ongoing flight to JNB is due to leave also from 2E at 22.30.

Starting to feel a bit nervous about making the connection, esp as it's the last flight out of CDG that night. Id be grateful for some advice on the best route through the terminal, and also if there is anything we can do to speed up our transfer - eg will it help to tell staff onboard our flight from London that we have an short connection to make? Will we need to go through passport control?

I'm assuming it is possible to make it as they wouldn't sell the flight otherwise, but I'm well aware that a delay on our flight from London could mean it all goes pear-shaped.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Is there a typo in your post? 10 minutes is definitely not a legal connection.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:26 am

OOPS! Thanks for replying and apologies for the typo - our onward flight to JNB leaves CDG at 23.30, not 22.30, so we have a 1hr 10 mins connection time.

10 mins *would* be a bit tight!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by siriamis

It's hard to tell you a best route because the LHR flight can arrive at K or L concourse (but usually K). For sure the JNB flight will leave from L. You won't have to go through passport control but security, yes. If you arrive in L, then it will be easy and quick (just follow the signs for your gate). If you arrive in K, follow the signs for the L gates. You will take an automatic train, then you pass security and you follow the signs for your gate. Overall, this connection is perfectly doable providing your LHR flight is on-time or slightly delayed. But do not worry, if it is late, they will surely send some agents at the gate to expedite your transfer or they may also slightly delay the JNB flight (a few minutes).

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 10, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:15 am

Ah you've set my mind at rest - many thanks for the speedy response.

Two of our party are very inexperienced travellers (and one is a very nervous flyer), so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. The main thing that worries me is that our onward flight to JNB is the last one of the night, so no option to be rebooked on a later one if we miss it. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Don't worry, it is an important hub wave for af so things tend to be reasonable. There will undoubtedly be several others connecting lhr-job so first they will announce your gate on the plane so you know where to go, and if flight is late there might be someone at arrival gate giving directions (but no guarantee). Otherwise as Goldorak said, perfectly doable although don't waste time (keep any bathroom visits etc till after you have cleared security if at all possible!)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thumbs up New airside shuttle 2F/2G

Dear friends
Very good news for those of you who are connecting in CDG : from dec 2nd, there will be a new airside shuttle between 2F and 2G and vice-versa (frequency : every 8 min). This will allow easier connections without needing to re-clear security for those Schengen connections.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear friends
Very good news for those of you who are connecting in CDG : from dec 2nd, there will be a new airside shuttle between 2F and 2G and vice-versa (frequency : every 8 min). This will allow easier connections without needing to re-clear security for those Schengen connections.
This is great news, i fly a lot less from 2G now that i have moved from Oslo but nonetheless this will very much improve the connection experience for AF flights in CDG!

Now for a more difficult task: improve connections at Orly so we can avoid reclearing security
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear friends
Thank you! Is the signage decent? (just look for the other terminal name?) We fly through CDG Dec 3 I believe in those terminals....
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Thank you! Is the signage decent? (just look for the other terminal name?) We fly through CDG Dec 3 I believe in those terminals....
If you come into 2G the signage is quite good for transfers, when the bus is in operation there will be a sign for transfers 2E/2F to the left while baggage claim and other terminal transfers will be straight ahead. Not sure how the signage is for 2E-2G transfers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by joyu12
If you come into 2G the signage is quite good for transfers, when the bus is in operation there will be a sign for transfers 2E/2F to the left while baggage claim and other terminal transfers will be straight ahead. Not sure how the signage is for 2E-2G transfers.
Thanks - I'm sure we'll figure it out (though I'm worried for my mom, who is not on the same JFK-CDG flight with us, and she'll have a shorter connection time....) I'm trying to get her to look at the maps ahead of time so she'll have some sort of idea when she gets there. And I also have to remind her to look for Acces 1 (since we're flying premium voyageur intra-Europe, think we can still use it.....)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Closing of S4

Hello,

Can someone remind me at what time S4 closes in the afternoon?

I am flying to IAD with AF 054 (check-in at 2F so likely L gate) and want to know if my chance of flying out from M gate is slim or plain nil because S4 would be closed.

Thank you.

Last edited by carnarvon; Dec 4, 2014 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think it closes in the afternoon, according to the flights on the monitors I've seen each time there. But I'm sure AF keeps things flexible in case they need to have it open later. Thus there's no fixed closing time that I'm aware of.

I was in the L lounge around midnight one time when my flight to GRU was delayed. The staff were cleaning up all around us and eventually the food went away, but we stayed in the lounge watching TV.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Hello,

Can someone remind me at what time S4 closes in the afternoon?

I am flying to IAD with AF 054 (check-in at 2F so likely L gate) and want to know if my chance of flying out from M gate is slim or plain nil because S4 would be closed.

Thank you.
S4 is closing at 2 pm. For IAD (checking-in at 2F), I think you have close to 0 chance to leave from M.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.