Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Feasible but tight of course. Do not loose time en-route.
I've seen 2E to 2F made in about a half hour on a late weekday morning. But the guy was definitely hustling all the way.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:25 pm

I don't know CDG airport well and am wondering if this transfer is doable on a Wednesday morning.

I'm on two different tickets, arriving at CDG terminal 3 on Vueling from BCN at 9:20. Would need to pick up a checked bag and then go to terminal 2A to check in for an AA flight departing at 11:50.

For the AA flight I will be in J so will save some time with check-in, security (i assume there's a priority line).

About how long would the transfer take?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by killuminati
I don't know CDG airport well and am wondering if this transfer is doable on a Wednesday morning.

I'm on two different tickets, arriving at CDG terminal 3 on Vueling from BCN at 9:20. Would need to pick up a checked bag and then go to terminal 2A to check in for an AA flight departing at 11:50.

For the AA flight I will be in J so will save some time with check-in, security (i assume there's a priority line).

About how long would the transfer take?
It is feasible in theory if everything goes right, but I will not do it if I were you. Transferring from T3 to any other terminal is not so smooth as you will have to walk from the terminal to the train/CDGVAL station. To make this connection without stress on separate tickets, you are missing one hour IMO.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jul 24, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:27 am

I got the following card from AF on a recent connection in CDG... hopefully someone will find it useful.
Attached Images  
Zeeb likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It is feasible in theory if everything goes right, but I will not do it if I were you. Transferring from T3 to any other terminal is not so smooth as you will have to walk from the terminal to the train/CDGVAL station. To make this connection without stress Ipoh separate tickets, you are missing one hour IMO.
Hmmm okay. And what about without luggage? Should save an additional 30-50 min between pick-up and re-check, I imagine that way should be ok...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by killuminati
Hmmm okay. And what about without luggage? Should save an additional 30-50 min between pick-up and re-check, I imagine that way should be ok...
Definitely better for sure.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:15 am

If I travel LAX - CDG - ZAG on same ticket, but only have a 85 minute transfer time in CDG is that possible? Arrival 17:05, Departure 18:30. From what I can gather from easycdg, arrival occurs in 2E and departure 2D. LAX - CDG operated by AF, while CDG - ZAG is operated by Croatia Airlines. I have never been in CDG before.

I'm assuming I have to clear immigration, and then do another passport check because Croatia is not schengen? I hold EU passport if that matters.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ragerforever
If I travel LAX - CDG - ZAG on same ticket, but only have a 85 minute transfer time in CDG is that possible? Arrival 17:05, Departure 18:30. From what I can gather from easycdg, arrival occurs in 2E and departure 2D. LAX - CDG operated by AF, while CDG - ZAG is operated by Croatia Airlines. I have never been in CDG before.

I'm assuming I have to clear immigration, and then do another passport check because Croatia is not schengen? I hold EU passport if that matters.
From non Schengen to non Schengen means you will stay in 2E and clear immigration at your final destination.

If your plane physically départs from 2D, you should be bussed there from 2E.

85 minutes is therefore plenty of time if first plane is on time.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 30, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
From non Schengen to non Schengen means you will stay in 2E and clear immigration at your final destination.

If your plane physically départs from 2D, you should be bussed there from 2E.

85 minutes is therefore plenty of time if first plane is on time.
Oh right. I completely forgot about the non Schengen to non Schengen situation. Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ragerforever
Oh right. I completely forgot about the non Schengen to non Schengen situation. Thank you!
Btw, I got puzzled that a non Schengen flight could depart from 2D because I don't see how this could be possible (no border control facility there).

I checked on ADP website and the flight is listed as departing from 2E..

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 30, 2016 at 10:28 pm
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:22 pm

Croatia flight at 18.30? For July 31, I'm seeing 2D:
Attached Images  

Last edited by rove312; Jul 30, 2016 at 9:33 pm Reason: Mastering screen shot posting.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
Croatia flight at 18.30? For July 31, I'm seeing 2D:
Now that I think about it, I recall there is a non Schengen area in 2D (mostly EZ flights) with police booths next to the airside stairs leading up to the lounge.

So the 13:00 flights leaves from 2E (AF metal), but the 18:30 leaves from 2D (OU metal).

In your case little difference as we said, you will connect airside by bus (blue shuttle according to ADP website), so just a bit longer.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 31, 2016 at 2:24 am
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:44 pm

Through-Check Baggage on Multi-Destination Trip

I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question. Hopefully you can help!

I'm planning to make a one-way LHR-ATH booking with AF, building in a long layover at CDG (22 hrs). On the AF website, the way to do this is as a multi-destination trip. What I'm wondering is if the checked baggage will go all the way through to ATH (preferable) or if I will have to collect it and recheck it at CDG. Anyone know? Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:13 am

I'm thinking about a flight from london to basel in mid december.

It has a 45 min connection in CDG on a sunday evening. Is this feasible or will it be a EC 261/04 case .... ?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
I'm thinking about a flight from london to basel in mid december.

It has a 45 min connection in CDG on a sunday evening. Is this feasible or will it be a EC 261/04 case .... ?
Even if it is not feasible due to long queues at the airport, you are not covered by EC261... (though AF will most likely still book you on the next flight), given the frequency of both LON-CDG and CDG-BSL, you might want to opt for a longer connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.