FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:33 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by drif
Hi,

I haven't been to CDG for years (last time only as a poor student). This time, I am meeting my partner at CDG for a flight back to MEL via LHR on BA. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer (I've looked through the forum and can't find any answer, if there is one I didn't spot, my apologies).

1. My partner is flying AF from BEG to CDG, which I understand arrives at Terminal 2F.
2. We plan to meet at CDG and then fly on BA to LHR from Terminal 2A.

Will AF check my partner's bags through from BEG all the way through to MEL? If so, what would be the easiest way for us to meet at CDG?

If the bags are NOT checked through, does my partner need to clear customs at CDG and transfer to 2A to re-check in with BA? If this is the case, I assume we would meet at 2F arrivals and get the landside bus together to Terminal 2A.

Any enlightenment would be great. Thanks.
First, the arrival terminal of your friend can be 2E or 2F. Not possible to know this in advance. If he/she's traveling on one ticket, the bags will be checked through to MEL but AF will not be able to issue the BP for the BA flights that will have to be obtained at CDG at a transfer desk. If separate tickets, he/she needs to inform AF at check-in in BEG about the BA connection in CDG (needs to show them the e-ticket receipt) and they'll be able to tag bags to MEL (but again, no BP).
So normally, your friends do not have to clear immigration and customs at CDG and should use the connection shuttle to reach term 2A.
So the best place for you to meet each other will be the departure (gate) area of term 2A.