Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Searching BCN-ORD on Nov 27, one result is BCN-FRA , layover , then FRA-ORD in LH F on Nov 28. But when I search only FRA-ORD on Nov 28, the non-stop LH F option does not appear. Any ideas on whats going on?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Searching BCN-ORD on Nov 27, one result is BCN-FRA , layover , then FRA-ORD in LH F on Nov 28. But when I search only FRA-ORD on Nov 28, the non-stop LH F option does not appear. Any ideas on whats going on?
@rufflesinc
Others here may explain it better, but I had similar fun with trips to SIN, BNE etc, where searching the most direct route showed one result, but a different set of results by segment. Where things were especially interesting was with a SIN-SFO sector, where I stumbled upon SQ F Suites SIN-AKL connecting to UA J AKL-SFO. The same happens with LH F and others. IIRC, perhaps married segment logic. (I posted screen shots from that trip in a thread where OP had asked about whether it was worth flying to/through AKL)
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:19 am

Unexplainable online check-in issue

Anyone ever get this error before when trying to use Air Canada's online check-in?

I got this error when trying to check-in to a flight over the weekend. And of course, despite what the error message suggested, I could also neither check-in through the Air Canada mobile app nor at an airport kiosk. I had time the day before my flight and wanted to sort any day-of issues ahead of time, so went to the airport and asked for an agent to check me in. Both the agent and I were clueless to the fact that airport check-ins could not be done until T-12hrs (not 24 hrs prior).

The airport agent then advised me to contact the call centre to check me in, and I called them later, who of course advised me that their call centre cannot check-in passengers using their internal system - only airport agents can! Not sure how correct any of the information given to me was, but an extremely frustrating experience nonetheless. None of the AC staff had an explanation for the error message. They were all stumped.

Our apologies, we have encountered a system error and unfortunately we are unable to complete your check-in at this time.

You may also attempt t check in with the Air Canada mobile app, at an airport kiosk, or at a Check-in Assistance counter.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
I experienced this issue about 3 weeks ago when trying to check in for a flight home from France, both web and app check ins denied Just went to airport...
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dreamflight
Anyone ever get this error before when trying to use Air Canada's online check-in?
The airport agent then advised me to contact the call centre to check me in, and I called them later, who of course advised me that their call centre cannot check-in passengers using their internal system - only airport agents can! Not sure how correct any of the information given to me was, but an extremely frustrating experience nonetheless. None of the AC staff had an explanation for the error message. They were all stumped.
Others here can guess better than I can, but I wonder if this is related to AC's switchover and upcoming shutdown of systems discussed here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-15.html
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Paging @yyznomad

See post 5160 above.

A first cousin to another fun AC typo we saw a few years ago "Due tú"

In other news, I was given this option last night on Chrome (no incognito). It was a straight line to AC.com, no stops along the way, no links from GF. I have not been to France is quite some time and I am pretty sure my computers and mobile devices were not there without me. Unless AC.com thinks France is Taiwan. Frankly, I'm only interested in the France edition of AC.com if it comes with a nice croissant.

And also last night on Aeroplan, having searched for a number of different dates and routings, this popped up. Twice. Fun!

Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I’m guessing there’s some issues due to impending switchover. I’m having terrible difficulty checking in for a flight tomorrow.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by 24left
Paging @yyznomad

See post 5160 above.

A first cousin to another fun AC typo we saw a few years ago "Due tú"

In other news, I was given this option last night on Chrome (no incognito). It was a straight line to AC.com, no stops along the way, no links from GF. I have not been to France is quite some time and I am pretty sure my computers and mobile devices were not there without me. Unless AC.com thinks France is Taiwan. Frankly, I'm only interested in the France edition of AC.com if it comes with a nice croissant.

And also last night on Aeroplan, having searched for a number of different dates and routings, this popped up. Twice. Fun!

I had this happen to me too, but for some reason with Norway?

... This was for a trip YVR-BOS. Not sure how that ended up with Norway, as the alternative language selection, but.... Sure. Also on Chrome non-incognito, no VPN or anything.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:57 am

I am doing a search for SGN-YYC one-way. One itinerary that comes up is

SGN-BKK biz
BKK-TPE biz
TPE-YVR econ
YVR-biz

When I try to book that itinerary, I get the dreaded:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

But if I search for each of the identical individual segment, I can click submit and it gets to the point where it ask me for my name and everything.

Why the discrepancy? If I call in, will the agent waive the booking fee if there is indeed a technical issue on their end?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 24left
Frankly, I'm only interested in the France edition of AC.com if it comes with a nice croissant.
A good macaron would be a nice alternative.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:18 pm

I just got off the phone with AP and the agent told me that moving forward, no more customizing and piecing together segment by segment to create an itinerary. WYSISG when you search for an itinerary online. This is probably mentioned already somewhere else but it's news to me.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Altitude down

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by traacs
Altitude down

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Mine is fine. Well, at least right now.

Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G

looks like somebody forgot about something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.