Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Locked out this am as well. It is working now after clearing the cache and resetting passwords. The sites will now not take a password which was used before (which is seemingly something new).

I was on the phone with Aeroplan for an hour this am trying to make a change to a booking and to cancel two bookings that couldn't be cancelled online (something that has occurred since the migration). This is after an hour on the phone with AC last week trying to upgrade a B class fare which was showing needing 4 credits when it should be 1. This is a similar problem with a booking I made yesterday and I am anticipating having to call again to deal with it. I am starting to have to set aside 1 hour increments on an ongoing basis to get flights changed or upgraded. It's a lot of work (first world problems I know)...

Anyone requested compensation for the gong show that is the migration?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:12 pm

I've been trying to make a booking the last few days, where I wanted to see what the seat availability was for an eupgrade from Latitude to Business. Usually you can do this by filtering for eupgrade, clicking on the business class fare and then "seat availability" which then shows the seatmap (admittedly, this is seats open / not chosen, as opposed to seats available for sale, but it's a decent indicator). No dice, every time I chose the seat availability, I got a spinning "beach ball" (inside the browser session, not the Mac OS beachball!).

I booked blindly and then went through the eUprade request (which isn't looking that great) but at least the tickets are refundable.

Other people seeing this issue?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by james dean
This reminds me of the TELUS email debacle of a few months ago when all emails & history went missing due to a switch-over...took weeks to get it all sorted out.
Still not 100% for me. Only on webmail; on other devices, very unpredictable. That one was real *bad.* Arguably worse than the AC migration.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Trying to book a stopover hotel for my father, the link points to https://vacations.aircanada.com/c/503.html

Seriously? Your site only works during your business hours?
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 9 pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 9 am to 5 pm ET
Closed on all major Canadian holidays

Funny thing is, I clicked on the "Air Canada Stopover" link during the supposed business hours.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by jtpc
If anyone has J seats to change on an AE booking, I just had great success direct messaging Aeroplan on Twitter. I wanted to change my seat on 2 AC award flights that I booked yesterday, so I sent them a DM with my booking reference and the seat I would like on each flight. 20 minutes later, I received a reply saying it was done. When I check my booking reference on the AC website and on the app, the new seats are there on my itinerary, so I'm really happy I could get that done without having to call in.
Thanks for the info - may have to try this approach... AC portion of PER-SIN-ICN-YYZ reward flight: system lets me get all the way through the selection process before telling me "We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight. (SS_SEAT_002)" Seats assigned by system at booking has everyone in different rows (per PDF received and on AC online). Retrieving booking on SQ website shows no seat assignments (but AE/AC assigned seats matching greyed seat icons). I'll send AC a note as above but if I get an "origin with another carrier" problem, perhaps I'll try to move seats on SQ system before being hung-up on by AE/AC...
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jtpc
If anyone has J seats to change on an AE booking, I just had great success direct messaging Aeroplan on Twitter. I wanted to change my seat on 2 AC award flights that I booked yesterday, so I sent them a DM with my booking reference and the seat I would like on each flight. 20 minutes later, I received a reply saying it was done. When I check my booking reference on the AC website and on the app, the new seats are there on my itinerary, so I'm really happy I could get that done without having to call in.
I sent a Twitter DM past Mon and still no response from AP
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:24 am

Don't quite know what to make of this.

My AE booking is not showing up on AE's site, and only part of the outbound and none of the inbound is showing up on AC's site.

It is showing up complete on ANA and THAI sites.

There is a YYZ-Florida booking showing up, but it's not my booking.

My trip isn't for several months.

Should I be calling in to clear all this up, or should I wait for a few days until the Amadeus transition is (more) complete?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by kalderlake
Don't quite know what to make of this.

My AE booking is not showing up on AE's site, and only part of the outbound and none of the inbound is showing up on AC's site.

It is showing up complete on ANA and THAI sites.

There is a YYZ-Florida booking showing up, but it's not my booking.

My trip isn't for several months.

Should I be calling in to clear all this up, or should I wait for a few days until the Amadeus transition is (more) complete?
Since your trip isn't for several month, I'd suggest you wait a few weeks for the backlog to clear up a bit. There is also a non-zero chance this will get fixed in the background without requiring your intervention.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Aeroplan Site Issues Today, Dec 4, 2019?

First it wouldn't take my password, had to reset. I had already reset it a few weeks ago when they had some "changes" announced.

Once logged in, I cannot get any search results whatsoever, for various unrelated itineraries. I get the following message:

"Your requested itinerary cannot be booked at this time, please try again. If the problem persists, please call the aeroplan.com website support centre at 1-866-689-8080"

Anyone else having similar issues?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by seks
I sent a Twitter DM past Mon and still no response from AP
Correction. AP replied to me couple hours ago via Twitter DM. My itinerary fixed now

On a side note, someone is pissed lol

https://twitter.com/linds12032174
Amil and yyckerr like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Correction. AP replied to me couple hours ago via Twitter DM. My itinerary fixed now

is it weird that I feel his pain?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

OK, that's hilarious. Also likely cathartic for the person who created that page. lol
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
received this email from AC Cust Serv today:

"I've taken the liberty of forwarding your ticket to Aeroplan for crediting of the missing flight segment. It appears your return flight was in the middle of our converting our old reservations system to our new one and your e-tkt shows you as "checked in". It should be showing as "used" which would explain why the miles have yet to be credited."

Just in case anyone else is missing flight credits from the night of Nov 18.....
jerry305 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:08 am

I have had the exact same issues... had to reset password, and any international itinerary I try gives the same error.

I am guessing they are still broken. about 6 weeks ago I was able to find some decent redemtions for 4 people in biz from IAD to BKK I was hoping to book for next winter break. hopefully they are fixed soon
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just happened to glance at Sean Peever 's profile snippet on another thread (and wondering if he was coming to the YVR Do) and this jumped out:

It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I'm not sure how long he's been using that line, but it seems appropriately prescient given what's been going on since A-Day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.