Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Stranger
Premium Rouge is (more or less) already the equivalent of Business on domestic/NA itineraries. So you are not in economy, and there is nothing to upgrade to....

But no, it's not great. Rubber chicken or burnt pasta? Given the choice but if still Rouge I would rather be on their 319.
Thank you but we aren’t in premium rouge !!
we are in “rouge plus row 14”
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:28 am

No email, no nothing
It's like Aeroplan and Air Canada are stuck in nowhere land
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Trying to do a simple ord - LHA search and it errors out each time. Showing up on UA site but not here...

any advice?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Trying to do a simple ord - LHA search and it errors out each time. Showing up on UA site but not here...

any advice?
Hmm... when are you looking? Private browser window as a possible solution? Direct flights showing up on Aeroplan almost daily for the next month, including "Business/First" on United (and single stops with Lot, Brussels, ...)

EDIT: Ooops. LHA? Possible autocorrect in my search to LHR... LHA won't match at all. Nothing to Black Forest Airport on Aeroplan. It does substitute Lhasa, China (LXA). Is that your search? There is availability for that too, BTW - as early as Jan 14. I'm not much help at all, I guess - sorry.

Last edited by YSJ8ed; Jan 11, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Here was a fun one from the other day. My wife's and my Aeroplan numbers mysteriously dropped off a reservation a couple of weeks ago. Earlier this week, I successfully (and easily) submitted my missing flight and got the automatic acceptance.

A short while later, I tried to do my wife's and got an error message, in the image below. This persisted for days. I tried different devices, different browsers, etc, and nothing worked. Then, when I was just about to give up - and only a minute or two after having unsuccessfully tried it - I decided to give it one last go, and all of a sudden it worked.

Bizarre.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
Hmm... when are you looking? Private browser window as a possible solution? Direct flights showing up on Aeroplan almost daily for the next month, including "Business/First" on United (and single stops with Lot, Brussels, ...)

EDIT: Ooops. LHA? Possible autocorrect in my search to LHR... LHA won't match at all. Nothing to Black Forest Airport on Aeroplan. It does substitute Lhasa, China (LXA). Is that your search? There is availability for that too, BTW - as early as Jan 14. I'm not much help at all, I guess - sorry.
Many thanks! Yes, Autocorrect. LHR is right.I'll try a private browser. It should show up, I have no idea why it isn't.

Private Browser sadly didn't work.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Website works but the call center can’t do anything at this time, no flights, no changes. Need to add an infant. PIA!
codfather likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The AC website doesn't seem to be loading the scroll bar right now when I try to manage bookings. So even on bookings where I could pick seats or make changes, I can't do it, because all I get is one screen worth of info
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The AC website doesn't seem to be loading the scroll bar right now when I try to manage bookings. So even on bookings where I could pick seats or make changes, I can't do it, because all I get is one screen worth of info
I’m pretty sure not much has worked in MMB for weeks or longer. We haven’t been able to do anything with any bookings for a couple months. Maybe I’m just doing it all wrong which is certainly a possibility
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
I’m pretty sure not much has worked in MMB for weeks or longer. We haven’t been able to do anything with any bookings for a couple months. Maybe I’m just doing it all wrong which is certainly a possibility
Any bookings which have had schedule changes, you can't touch, but a couple of weeks ago I was at least able to do stuff with other bookings. When I could, you know, scroll down.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Any bookings which have had schedule changes, you can't touch, but a couple of weeks ago I was at least able to do stuff with other bookings. When I could, you know, scroll down.
Ah. Thank you. We had one flight segment on a return changed by 1 mins. Literally 16:40 changed to 16:41. And THAT is considered a schedule change as per the notification on the booking I can’t believe that. Surely it has to be at least longer than that 🤦🏻.♂️😘
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
This outage is lasting far too long...

Horrible timing for this to come up considering all the bad weather across Eastern Canada (Ontario to NL) today.

Feel bad for the AC agents lol
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem buying a ticket today on aircanada.com, nor gettng an upgrade. However anything requiring talking to an agent takes three times longer than it used to do. And true that making changes online is nearly impossible.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Ah. Thank you. We had one flight segment on a return changed by 1 mins. Literally 16:40 changed to 16:41. And THAT is considered a schedule change as per the notification on the booking I can’t believe that. Surely it has to be at least longer than that 🤦🏻.♂️😘
Yes, that's a schedule change. Change of aircraft type without any other changes, change of flight number without any other changes, etc, doesn't matter.

At some point, hopefully they'll fix it, but for now, everything is FUBAR as soon as anything at all changes with the schedule.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL Diamond, AC SE100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Platinum
My flight ex-YVR this morning was cancelled, which I only found out about through an alert from TripIt. The AC website has not been able to display my booking all day even though I bought it through the website. Was able to get through to the SE desk several times today but they have been unable to rebook me or do anything to the reservation as their systems are down, and airport staff also could not rebook me. So at the airport I opened the Delta app and found a flight on WestJet connecting to Delta and bought a new ticket, leaving in less than 90 minutes. I figured this is never actually going to work, but it actually did work amazingly well, totally seamless experience. Meanwhile Air Canada still can’t cancel my previous reservation even though the automatic rebooking finally did put me on flights tomorrow, according to the text messages and emails I got (still can’t see the booking on the website).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.