Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Thank god I'm not the only one! DMs, tweeting @, phone calls etc and nothing, not one reply, not one human, not one prob solved. It's INSANE.
Me too and I just want the itinerary for a change that I made in November
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
How did you contact them? DM or public? I've been DMing them for the past 3 days with no reply.
I DM'd the @Aeroplan handle.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:40 am

Please help!!! I just transferred 58,000 MR points to Aeroplan to book a TK flight in October 2020 not even 1 hour ago. The points are stuck there and I keep getting "Flight Redemption Failure." I started a claim with AMEX to request a reversal of the transfer. What should I do? I'm thinking of calling them at 7 AM EST as soon as the lines open up but I'm worried. Should I just give up at this point or try to book over phone? I'm worried that they're just going to cancel the itinerary which seems to be a common concern on this thread...
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decillion
Please help!!! I just transferred 58,000 MR points to Aeroplan to book a TK flight in October 2020 not even 1 hour ago. The points are stuck there and I keep getting "Flight Redemption Failure." I started a claim with AMEX to request a reversal of the transfer. What should I do? I'm thinking of calling them at 7 AM EST as soon as the lines open up but I'm worried. Should I just give up at this point or try to book over phone? I'm worried that they're just going to cancel the itinerary which seems to be a common concern on this thread...
You should have been aware of potential issues before transferring.

Anyway, at this point you probably have no choice but trying to call Aeroplan and book on the phone. If you manage to get through that is. Be prepared that it might take days or weeks of trying, and that availability might have disappeared by then. BTW did you try on another device, another browser, a private window? I have had no problems getting rewards recently, and I suspect it's related to some browser issues, privacy protections, cookies and the like.

Mind you, that a relatively small amount, you can always use it later.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:13 am

Want to make a change to my itinerary. 9:12 am mst right now and I've been listening to AP's hold music for 1h35m.

Update: got thru at the 2h10m mark

Last edited by seks; Jan 15, 2020 at 10:18 am
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

Is it even possible to have status and not be an Aeroplan member?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:44 am

Suddenly got kicked out of my Aeroplan account and unable to log back in. Anybody else having similar problems?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
I received an e-mail on Friday that a connection flight to YYZ from YUL had been moved from a comfortable 8:00 am departure to a less-comfortable 7:00 am departure.
"One or more flights in your itinerary cannot be operated as planned. Please find your revised itinerary. We apologize for any inconvenience."
Well, it was pretty inconvenient, but not the end of the world - I figured they were cutting one early morning Rapidair flight. So, today I decided to make a phantom booking and lo and behold my 8:00 am flight is still on. A bit bitter, I call AC to straighten this out. I hit a great agent who admitted up front she could not see any reason why the change was made, and promptly moved myself and three other family back to the leisurely-paced 8:00 am departure. She also set up all of the seats, which also magically got FUBAR'd. Now the point of the story is that as a lowly E75, this whole process from hitting the dial pad to finally hanging up, took 59 minutes and 26 seconds. Who on earth is expected to have this much time? And, if this is how long it took using my "Priority Contact", I can't imagine how long the wait would be for the twice annual, no-status flyer?
AC, some things are better, but whoa, fix the IT issues and the wait times please!
jerry305 and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
AC, some things are better, but whoa, fix the IT issues and the wait times please!
Didn't you hear that the migration went fine, so not an IT issue. :-)

Wait time is there because agents are (slowly) learning the new system. Training was not part of the IT budget so there was no training. Every manager is doing fine with his own budget and it's no one's fault. Just someone else's. :-)

As to these minor details, such as upgrades, that occasionally flight schedules change, that card holder get priority boarding, no one told IT, so it's not IT's fault. But still, obviously IT should have known. ;-). And anyway, call centers will deal with these minor issues surely.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Can't book anything using my flight pass--not on the web, not on the app, not with phone or iPad, not with desktop, and regardless of the browser. It's either an error message (app) or being unable to click past the home page (everything else).
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: aeroplan
i am also not able to click anything other than the ads on the website right now.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:47 am

Ugh, I came to this thread to see how I should approach asking for 25,000 miles back (booked SAUA in August 2019, didn't take flight, rebooked flight with carrier, miles never made it back to Aeroplan account), but seems like there's nothing I can do short of waiting on the phone forever.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by ylwae
Can't book anything using my flight pass--not on the web, not on the app, not with phone or iPad, not with desktop, and regardless of the browser. It's either an error message (app) or being unable to click past the home page (everything else).
Same. 06:20 Eastern time.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by zincguy
i am also not able to click anything other than the ads on the website right now.
I found about the same thing this morning, on three different browsers. Although it does let me select one of the Round Trip/One One/Multicity radio buttons. No go on anything else useful.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by princesakura
Ugh, I came to this thread to see how I should approach asking for 25,000 miles back (booked SAUA in August 2019, didn't take flight, rebooked flight with carrier, miles never made it back to Aeroplan account), but seems like there's nothing I can do short of waiting on the phone forever.
You can fill in the online customer relations form. That's usually fairly effective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.