Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Aeroplan is dead again. After giving errors about too many re-directs it now reports to the maintenance page which says it'll be back at 9:59 GMT. Which is either 11.5h ago... or in 12.5h time.

Clearly, they need to start providing a date. There is nothing routine about > 12 hours maintenance.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
New feature for me as of 6:00pm EST. Can't login at all. Account is locked on aircanda.com and altide. Aeroplan forces me to password recovery but can't recover anything.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
App won't login and website shows down until...959 am GMT which was 5 hours ago Eastern Time.

Bravo Aeroplan management.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Just received checkin email, clicked link and it opened the website instead of app so okay, whatever. Checked in and clicked the link "view boarding pass in app" (or whatever the words are) and it opened the app and said first something like "wrong password / error logging in" and then (without me having entered further any login or password) proceeded to open my account and say "your flight is ready for check in" and start the whole check in dialog again, except for that it showed I was already checked in so the option to "I am no longer travelling / cancel check in" was there. It was twilight-zone-y.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
App update came out today and my password issues seem to have gone away.

I guess we will see.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

For almost a week now... anyone else? Maybe geo-related?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I want to do a simple cancel/refund of an existing reward, and every time it tells me "Missing/invalid field: Street Number. Please enter the street number as it appears on your credit card statement." No, it's not missing, it's typed in exactly as it appears on my credit card statement. How do they even manage to screw up stuff like this?

Originally Posted by D404

For almost a week now... anyone else? Maybe geo-related?
I've been having problems for a while too.
D404 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I have been unable login to the Aeroplan App for 5 days now. Anyone else?

I have tired deleting and reinstalling as well and same "Unfortunately, we were unable to complete this operation. Please try again in a few moments."

Why are there constantly ridiculous errors on Air Canada and Aeroplan platforms?!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I have been unable login to the Aeroplan App for 5 days now. Anyone else?

I have tired deleting and reinstalling as well and same "Unfortunately, we were unable to complete this operation. Please try again in a few moments."

Why are there constantly ridiculous errors on Air Canada and Aeroplan platforms?!
Yep, see above.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by D404
Yep, see above.
Mine is different. Its in bright red, almost E75K style.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I think we are only supposed to get ONE of these. I received 4. Are any of you missing your pre-trip emails because I'm happy to send over one of these.

Time stamps are pretty close. Maybe AC It is broken.

Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The award booking shown under Manage My Booking is completely messed up. It has been from the very beginning when Aeroplan system went down just after someone finished the booking (supposedly a supervisor) and I received the e-Ticket Receipt thru mail, with the correct booking.

Online it is totally messed up with the last segment IAH-FLL shown between the 1st MIA-LIS and the 2nd segment LIS-VCE, also a complete No Show of the outbound HKG-TPE-IAH, it shows IAH-FLL right after a HKG stopover.

Calling Aeroplan each agent claimed the itinerary they saw was not the same thing I saw online. An agent emailed me the itinerary again (because Aeroplan authorized our CC twice), the email showed correct itinerary.

United website pulls up the correct and complete itinerary while other partners only showed a partial itinerary. Saudia site shows the full itinerary when using ticket number to retrieve it, and all segments show coupon status either Open to Use or Airport Control. I know from previous experiences that mean everything is good.

Should I be concerned on the display on Aeroplan site which seems to forever be wrong?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Sale emails

I posted about it above, but here's more detail.

For whatever reason, I cannot subscribe to sale emails on aircanada.com. I have spoken with support, and Twitter DM teams about it. All to no avail.

The latest irritation is that when the sale emails went out last week. I am getting a former employee's emails forwarded to me, so I see her AC emails come in. On Jan 16, she got an email offering a 15% discount code. The fine print of the email stated she was receiving it because she is "subscribed to receive flight offer emails".

I got an email too, but mine only had a 10% discount code. I received it because I am an "Air Canada customer and your Aeroplan profile contains an email address".

Ok, so I did get the sale email, but through the AE machine. She got the same sale email, but through the AC.com machine.

My original beef is still unresolved, in that I am unable to subscribe / manage my email preferences on AC.com, so I get zero sale emails from that side of the machine.

Now to add insult to injury, I'm E75K and got a 10% offer, and former employee is a first-time P25K'er (as of March 1), and she got offered 15%.

What gives.

Edit: OK Martha. I'm cautiously optimistic. Don't let me down......

Last edited by yyckerr; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:17 am Reason: Twitter DM update
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is a new one. Received an itinerary change e-mail. Except, the enclosed itinerary pdf is empty. 0 bytes.
When checking, a couple of NA flights arrive either 6 minutes earleir or 3 minutes later. All departure times, flight number etc. unchanged.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: AC E75K
Aeroplan Login Issues?

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but anyone else have trouble logging into AP?

I haven’t been able to via mobile or web for 36+ hours now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.