Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Soooo, it would seem that both Aeroplan and AC have been running Purple Monkey Dishwasher programs for a while.... years maybe

I love the PMD, officially stealing it... thank you Mr Smith ^
^
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
......So if something is beta it's expected that there still be issues etc with it. Now should people have been by default pushed to the beta and made it difficult to return to the norman one? No, clearly not - that's not at all right. But as long as the site is still a testing site it's considered "beta"

Despite a long list of posts where we have provided AC with FREE user feedback, plus additional comments that things are missing or wrong, here's one I found while looking for the AC Café menu (posted in a new thread)

On the "new" site, there is this pull-down menu.

See the header "Cabins and Onboard Meals"?

Well, there is none.

AC needs to proof-read what they show on their site.

And how hard is it to post the Onboard Café menu?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-features.html

Attached Images  
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by 24left

And how hard is it to post the Onboard Café menu?

Well, it's harder to do that then get a proper ssl certificate for aircanada.ca
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Well, it's harder to do that then get a proper ssl certificate for aircanada.ca
LOL. Or not.

Maybe I should send my post above to the AC MediaRoom people and they can add this missing NEW "feature" (i.e. glitch) to their press releases.

....you know, in Air Canada's efforts "as a new foundation for improving Air Canada's digital experience".....
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had an FP booking for me and my wife. Two separate PNRs as I made the bookings at different times. Need to cancel. Mine, done, via the FP site (why this can't be done through the app or main site, who knows...).

But my wife's booking doesn't show up on the FP site. The 2 credits are still missing from the pass and the PNR still looks okay when I look it up manually. But looking up the PNR manually tells me I need to use the FP site to change/cancel it.

I eventually found it by logging in to my wife's account and going to the FP site, but why should I have to do that? I'm the owner of the FP. I should be able to modify any bookings I want using my credits. At the very least, the bloody site should show me where the credits have been used.

I bought this FP because I thought the value proposition was decent and I thought it would be a convenient way to manage travel, but so far, I'm not particularly impressed.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

And it's down

Attached Images  
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC IT magic at work again:

Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Routine ....ing maintenance on the Aeroplan website in the middle of the day? Way to go, Aeroplan. Why not admit that you've had a catastrophic failure of an antiquated piece of equipment and you need a few hours to fix it?

I love though how the Aeroplan app on my phone initially tried to blame it on me not having any network connection.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Aside from the AC site having spasms today and unable to complete a booking which required me to call in to listen to the ...unusual call volume due to weather blah, blah....

...I received this email. Twice.

Here's the thing. I'm NOT flying to Vancouver on this trip (PNR).

I did take peek at Manage Bookings and the trip is as I booked it. Maybe the new AC.com is feeling confident that it can change the destination of a trip, or at the very least annoy customers with this:

Attached Images  
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by 24left
Aside from the AC site having spasms today and unable to complete a booking which required me to call in to listen to the ...unusual call volume due to weather blah, blah....

...I received this email. Twice.

Here's the thing. I'm NOT flying to Vancouver on this trip (PNR).

I did take peek at Manage Bookings and the trip is as I booked it. Maybe the new AC.com is feeling confident that it can change the destination of a trip, or at the very least annoy customers with this:

I received a similar one also twice for a trip to YXE 4 weeks from now
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't even.

It's sad that my account with the highest balance is also the one that only allows the least secure password.

I'm seriously tempted to make it something even I don't know, and just use the Google authentication to get in.

Oh wait, that only works on aeroplan.com, and would screw me for AC flight bookings and upgrades.

This is only like 10**17 possible passwords.

This isn't 1994. Holy crap. Let me secure my valuable assets.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't even.

It's sad that my account with the highest balance is also the one that only allows the least secure password.

I'm seriously tempted to make it something even I don't know, and just use the Google authentication to get in.

Oh wait, that only works on aeroplan.com, and would screw me for AC flight bookings and upgrades.

This is only like 10**17 possible passwords.

This isn't 1994. Holy crap. Let me secure my valuable assets.
Yeah, the password "recipie" is ridiculous, totally agree. I've changed mine to gibberish, but it's still limited by the lack of special characters.

One little aside: how do you use Google Authenticator to get you into websites? I thought it was only used to generate codes for the 2nd step in 2-step authentification.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:08 am

8:05 am EST, website loads but "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later or contact Air Canada Reservations."

I guess I will do the dishes and if it isn't up by then I will consider flying BR.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:49 am
Suspended

On the subject that others have posted before in this thread and in the website thread.....

PAGING AIR CANADA

1 WANT ALL OF MY BOOKINGS ON THE "MANAGE BOOKINGS" PAGE

All this time building a "new" website with colourful boxes and spinning planes, and the list of bookings DO NOT include any done by AC Reservation Agents or any from Aeroplan.

I am not interested in the answer "well you can access those other individual bookings with the booking reference number".

You know very well that means bookings are all over the place and no, it's not my job to gather it all up and send it to a 3rd party app.

FIX IT

(oh yes, feel better now)

Attached Images   
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
Yeah, the password "recipie" is ridiculous, totally agree. I've changed mine to gibberish, but it's still limited by the lack of special characters.

One little aside: how do you use Google Authenticator to get you into websites? I thought it was only used to generate codes for the 2nd step in 2-step authentification.
The website has to support it. But basically you associate your Google account to your [other website] account, and then it does authentication through Google, and Google tells the other site you're authenticated.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.