Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
So I get "If you haven't logged in since September 10th 2019, you will need to reset your password here."

What the heck? Fine, so lets go do that. Nope can't do that "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."

Okay so I finally get in, but can't get past page 1 of my flights, possibly related to this ...

back_disabled.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
forward_disabled.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Fine, let's try IE (just IE not Edge). Nope.

Okay let's try changing the dates. Okay if I pick end date only nothing shows up, if I pick start date it wipes the end date then I can't pick one.
Well this is helpful.

Last edited by jc94; Nov 12, 2019 at 9:56 am
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by jc94
So I get "If you haven't logged in since September 10th 2019, you will need to reset your password here."

What the heck? Fine, so lets go do that. Nope can't do that "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."
Let me guess, are you using a mobile device? If so which browser?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by canada_dude
Let me guess, are you using a mobile device? If so which browser?
Laptop PC, Chrome including incognito (v78) and IE (v11).
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by jc94
Laptop PC, Chrome including incognito (v78) and IE (v11).
That's just too weird ! I mean, even in incognito ? Thought is maybe anti-virus or some program you have is blocking it?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Can someone explain to me how exactly THIS happens?

jerry305 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Can someone explain to me how exactly THIS happens?

My itinerary looks like that too - flights are all jumbled. The PDF itinerary/receipt they sent is still correct, but the booking email and flight info on Aeroplan.com is all garbled.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by davesmunroe
My itinerary looks like that too - flights are all jumbled. The PDF itinerary/receipt they sent is still correct, but the booking email and flight info on Aeroplan.com is all garbled.
That is insane! What is with the connection in IST? No flight from IST-TPE?

Is this some kind of valid RTW routing? Or did AE produce this for a simple J class booking from Vancouver to Prague? Hahahaha
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Anyone know where the name on your "eupgrade account" comes from. All my account pages (Aeroplan/Altitude/AC app) show my complete name (including middle) yet eupgrade skips my middle name, so I can't actually eupgrade any of my flights right now, because it doesn't recognize that I'm the same person. Even the Prestige call centre line has a 30-minute wait right now, so I can't be bothered to call in.

You'd think that the eupgrade name would be populated from Altitude, which is populated from Aeroplan?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by codfather
That is insane! What is with the connection in IST? No flight from IST-TPE?

Is this some kind of valid RTW routing? Or did AE produce this for a simple J class booking from Vancouver to Prague? Hahahaha
The flights are PART of a valid RTW routing... Only they are completely out of order and somehow illogically split into the 4 "flights". (Eg. Origin-stop-destination-stop-origin)

This is flight nr1 that somehow became the Frankenstein's monster of flights.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by canada_dude
That's just too weird ! I mean, even in incognito ? Thought is maybe anti-virus or some program you have is blocking it?
Yes, and I just tried on another computer in Firefox and same issue. So useless.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The flights are PART of a valid RTW routing... Only they are completely out of order and somehow illogically split into the 4 "flights". (Eg. Origin-stop-destination-stop-origin)

This is flight nr1 that somehow became the Frankenstein's monster of flights.
Ah, that makes sense now! But still bizarre how everything is completely messed up and out of order that is for sure!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
As part of chasing the EYW people for some missing wings, I noticed something really odd with my Altitude posting details.

I had some flights recently that were flown on a Flight Pass in Flex M and initially just posted on Altitude as "FLEX". A few days later they now appear as"U". I've seen the Flex label a few times before but never noticed if they subsequently changed to an actual fare booking class.

The discrepancy between M and U is something that really puzzles me. Has this been reported before or is this something new or a bug? I wish I had kept screen shots.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but couldn't find a better thread.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
As part of chasing the EYW people for some missing wings, I noticed something really odd with my Altitude posting details.

I had some flights recently that were flown on a Flight Pass in Flex M and initially just posted on Altitude as "FLEX". A few days later they now appear as"U". I've seen the Flex label a few times before but never noticed if they subsequently changed to an actual fare booking class.

The discrepancy between M and U is something that really puzzles me. Has this been reported before or is this something new or a bug? I wish I had kept screen shots.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but couldn't find a better thread.

I recall telling some FTers of a similar weirdness on my Altitude page. It was a few months ago when all of our flight data disappeared for a few days.

When it returned to the Altitude site, all of my COMFORT fares from 2018 and 2019 (at that point) had all been relabelled as FLEX. The AQM and AQD remained correct. Given how annoying it is to deal with AC sometimes, and the AQD ladies and what not, I chose to ignore it but it was still odd as it was done without explanation from AC, as usual.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

It's discussed in some of the branded fares threads.

It appears that the underlying way to post a flight is just with a fare class. But since a fare class can be any brand:

Comfort posts as M
Flex posts as U
Standard posts as T (I think? I don't fly Standard)

For a Flex pass, or for a P fare with an all-Y segment in M, they only want to award 100% miles. So they post it as "Flex", which is done with the letter U.

Nothing to worry about, since you received the correct mileage.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:10 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, I see a bunch Q and U codes in there too.

Just when I think I'm on the cusp of actually understanding branded fares, there's another wrinkle. Maybe I need a secret decoder ring.

Thanks 24left and canadiancow for letting me know that this is just another AC peculiarity and that they haven't singled me out for 'special' attention.

At least, not yet.
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.