Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I haven't had that issue, but I am getting bloody sick of having to fo 2FA so often.

You're mad because AC fixed a glitch that allowed you to commit petty theft?
I'm not mad because, figured out another way to trick preferred seats for free. If I'm committing petty theft (don't be a corporate slave, airline T&C is not law), then Air Canada is committing grand theft by refusing to refund for services it fails to deliver, as per the numerous CBC stories.

Actually I don't rarely need preferred seats now because I can travel in J most of the time thanks to a constant stream of Aeroplan miles thanks to churning and manufactured spending. No need to waste hours of my life butt in seat or spend money to sit in J when I travel for leisure.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 9, 2019 at 6:21 am
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Air Canada. Altitude. Aeroplan. No log-in on any browser is working for me. And it's a bloody nightmare.

Extremely understanding Aeroplan agent in YVR told me they'd been told to 'note down Aeroplan numbers of people unable to log-in' and was exasperated at not having any other remedy.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Had to do frigging 2FA yet again this morning to access my eUp account. I've sent a note to AC customer relations via the website form. We'll see whether it has any effect.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:04 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I'm not mad because, figured out another way to trick preferred seats for free. If I'm committing petty theft (don't be a corporate slave, airline T&C is not law)
This isn't about airline T&Cs, it's about you consuming a service that AC charges for without paying. Nor can you innocently say that it was just a glitch that happened to work out for you one time, since you have gleefully posted about exploiting this flaw on several occasions.

Do you somehow feel that your theft is justified because it's digital? Starbucks keeps newspapers - which must be paid for - near the entrance of some of its coffee shops. It would probably be easy to grab one, without paying, on the way out, and not be caught. Would that be acceptable? What about a bag of chips from a 7/11, or an item of clothing from a clothing store?

AC should fix the glitch in the website, but that doesn't make you any less guilty of stealing the service.
lsquare, canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 9, 2019 at 11:42 am
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
This isn't about airline T&Cs, it's about you consuming a service that AC charges for without paying. Nor can you innocently say that it was just a glitch that happened to work out for you one time, since you have gleefully posted about exploiting this flaw on several occasions.

Do you somehow feel that your theft is justified because it's digital? Starbucks keeps newspapers - which must be paid for - near the entrance of some of its coffee shops. It would probably be easy to grab one, without paying, on the way out, and not be caught. Would that be acceptable? What about a bag of chips from a 7/11, or an item of clothing from a clothing store?

AC should fix the glitch in the website, but that doesn't make you any less guilty of stealing the service.
Personally, I don't classify them as the same thing. And AC is in a more precarious moral position (all the CBC horror stories, challenging the bill of Air Passenger Rights) so I don't feel guilty at all.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Stealing is stealing.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
I haven't had cause to call the aeroplan call center recently. I gave it a try today in the middle of the afternoon. They won't even let you stay on hold they just dump your call saying that call volume is higher than normal.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Polar Man
I haven't had cause to call the aeroplan call center recently. I gave it a try today in the middle of the afternoon. They won't even let you stay on hold they just dump your call saying that call volume is higher than normal.
Yup that's been a feature for quite some time. If it's too busy there's no call back or hold, you get a friendly message and just disconnects you.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:28 am

Also having no luck logging in to the website and getting the same "call back later" message when I phone. Does anyone know what's going on??
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mr. Bovine was unable to proceed past 2FA last night. We need to upgrade some flights. I guess we'll be making phone calls...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The time has come to select my privileges and I cannot get the form to make the selection. Get only the list of privileges where the descriptions expand with more detail. No ballot form. I keep clicking the red menu bar and get either the same page or
Default error message(SYS-ERR-CODE: Access Token is not valid )

Safari private browsing no solution.
I tried to use another browser but my password is in my keychain and I can't find it.
Frustrating.

Edited. Reset password just to be able to use Chrome and Chrome incognito, but still no success.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by flyquiet; Oct 10, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Mr. Bovine was unable to proceed past 2FA last night. We need to upgrade some flights. I guess we'll be making phone calls...
Try to do it from the phone. As of now I still can't bypass 2FA from my desktop regardless of which browser I use, but I can login from my iPhone. Weird.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had no problem upgrading. Going from the aircanada.com web page to the upgrade interface. OTOH I was unable to buy tickets on aircanada.com, with the new (?) two step Amex verification process. Which opened a couple of extra windows, one of which said something about error, the other going nowhere. Probably related to some trackers/spyware that I blacklist. Worked on my ipad, on which I am unable to lbock spyware.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
The time has come to select my privileges and I cannot get the form to make the selection. Get only the list of privileges where the descriptions expand with more detail. No ballot form. I keep clicking the red menu bar and get either the same page or
Default error message(SYS-ERR-CODE: Access Token is not valid )

Safari private browsing no solution.
I tried to use another browser but my password is in my keychain and I can't find it.
Frustrating.

Edited. Reset password just to be able to use Chrome and Chrome incognito, but still no success.
Ugh. Glad the Bovine selected a few days ago.

Good luck. Maybe Twitter can help.

Originally Posted by lsquare
Try to do it from the phone. As of now I still can't bypass 2FA from my desktop regardless of which browser I use, but I can login from my iPhone. Weird.
It won't work for us - we need both of our accounts signed in on my computer so I can manager our many upcoming upgrade requests.

Originally Posted by Stranger
I had no problem upgrading. Going from the aircanada.com web page to the upgrade interface. OTOH I was unable to buy tickets on aircanada.com, with the new (?) two step Amex verification process. Which opened a couple of extra windows, one of which said something about error, the other going nowhere. Probably related to some trackers/spyware that I blacklist. Worked on my ipad, on which I am unable to lbock spyware.
I'm signed in fine, but we can't get him signed in on the same laptop (different Chrome session). It's specifically failing after entering the 2FA OTP. It was giving some "profile error" message.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
ACAltitude referred me to Aeroplan but the latter finally responded and took my requests. Waiting to see the change in the profile. As soon as my last flight's AQM and AQD post, I qualify for E75K so didn't want to miss the E50K eUps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.