Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In today's other episode of the accuracy of AC's info.....

I received The Altitude Report newsletter. As usual, it shows "your progress" with AQM, AQS and AQD. In tiny font sit says:

* As of September 17, 2019

Funny that my AQD was well past SE requirement THREE months ago. And for giggles, I checked my Altitude page and indeed, the AQD is as it should be.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
If you try booking a flight and pick the generic city name offered instead of the airport name (City has 2 or more airports) the website shows fewer flight options instead of more. Taipei has two airports, TPE and TSA. So if I pick the generic name instead of one of the airports some of the options are not shown. Might be a temporary bug.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Trying to check-in for a flight tomorrow...failed on aircanada.ca. Then took a look at my itinerary to see whats going on.

Look at this:
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:34 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Trying to check-in for a flight tomorrow...failed on aircanada.ca. Then took a look at my itinerary to see whats going on.

Look at this:
I had something similar happen to me with a booking for YFC-YOW-YYZ-TLV and back recently. Called in and the flight numbers had changed from AC84/85 to AC80/81, same times, same itinerary.
A very kind Air Canada ticketing agent cleaned it up right quick (and a few minutes later, my waitlisted eup went through)

Worth a call to the call center, may be a similar situation.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ecc
I had something similar happen to me with a booking for YFC-YOW-YYZ-TLV and back recently. Called in and the flight numbers had changed from AC84/85 to AC80/81, same times, same itinerary.
A very kind Air Canada ticketing agent cleaned it up right quick (and a few minutes later, my waitlisted eup went through)

Worth a call to the call center, may be a similar situation.
Thanks!! Yeah it was a weird one, took me 3 hours to get it resolved while everyone played the blame game (AC told me to call company travel agency, agency told me to call AC, AC told me to call UA, etc.). Eventually it was resolved in one call via UA (who had to call AC internally) since it was a 016 ticket.

Turns out some communication issues between their reservation systems that messed up the entire itinerary.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Interesting new language icon on AirCanada.com:

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
Interesting new language icon on AirCanada.com:

This is going to be useful!
ffsim likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Tried a number of calls to Aeroplan throughout today and received "sorry we're unable to take calls right now". Social media seem to have stopped responding to questions. Appears as though they're having an even larger support meltdown than usual and using the website is the only service available currently. Can't even get a hold of them to spend my $30 phone booking fee!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Seems like AC finally fixed the online check-in bug/loophole that used to be exploitable to get preferred seats for free without status, or at least they tried to fix it
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Seems like AC finally fixed the online check-in bug/loophole that used to be exploitable to get preferred seats for free without status, or at least they tried to fix it
In that case, I applaud AC’s efforts.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Air Canada E50K, FB Gold
Word of warning regarding the app, sometimes it'll give you an error message but book you nonetheless.

My experience is that I recently tried to book a flight using Aeroplan at the last minute through their app and received an error message, tried again and received another error message (took a screenshot to show my partner and explained that I'll be arriving significantly later than planned). So I got in my car and started the 5 hour drive, however as I stopped for gas I noticed that I was booked twice on the same flight!

I called Aeroplan to cancel everything and they advised me that I would get the credit. I'm still waiting for the credit and I'll update the thread when I get it.

Just thought I'd warn people to check their emails if they get an error message when booking on the app.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yulflier
Word of warning regarding the app, sometimes it'll give you an error message but book you nonetheless.

My experience is that I recently tried to book a flight using Aeroplan at the last minute through their app and received an error message, tried again and received another error message (took a screenshot to show my partner and explained that I'll be arriving significantly later than planned). So I got in my car and started the 5 hour drive, however as I stopped for gas I noticed that I was booked twice on the same flight!

I called Aeroplan to cancel everything and they advised me that I would get the credit. I'm still waiting for the credit and I'll update the thread when I get it.

Just thought I'd warn people to check their emails if they get an error message when booking on the app.
Also happens on their web site. Gives an error, but when trying again, availability may have disappeared and if you check your balance, the miles have been subtracted. Also, going to "your rewards," the ticket will show.
yulflier likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Same experience but with website. Also ended up with 2 bookings. Couldn’t get my preferred seats because I was already in them! Called in, miraculously little wait. No issue getting it sorted out — just my time. It certainly appeared that the initial booking did not complete.
yulflier likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here having trouble logging into their Aeroplan account? After entering the 6 digit code, I see the check mark which means I'm verified, but my account doesn't show up.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here having trouble logging into their Aeroplan account? After entering the 6 digit code, I see the check mark which means I'm verified, but my account doesn't show up.
the site no longer accepts six-digit passwords. You are going to have to reset your password to something longer - I think it is now minimum 10-digits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.