Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
this is weird, looking for a specific route and I get this:

Nov 7th

JFK-BRU business class direct on Brussel Airlines : 0 space
JFK-GVA business class with a stopover in Brussels on Brussel Airlines : available space

how in the world? What am I missing? Am I best to book the JFK-BRU-GVA and just not board the BRU-GVA flight?

note: yes the JFK-BRU on the JFK-BRU-GVA leg is in I class (business) and not a mixed-award
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by royal757
this is weird, looking for a specific route and I get this:

Nov 7th

JFK-BRU business class direct on Brussel Airlines : 0 space
JFK-GVA business class with a stopover in Brussels on Brussel Airlines : available space

how in the world? What am I missing? Am I best to book the JFK-BRU-GVA and just not board the BRU-GVA flight?

note: yes the JFK-BRU on the JFK-BRU-GVA leg is in I class (business) and not a mixed-award
This is probably due to married segments, availability to GVA but not BRU even though the TATL flight is the same
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I wasn't able to log in last night. It emailed me a OTP, and then rejected it. Several times.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I cancel another flight reward online and AGAIN Aeroplan doesn't automatically refund my miles or taxes. No cancellation email either
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I wasn't able to log in last night. It emailed me a OTP, and then rejected it. Several times.
Similar issue today.

1. Enter OTP, click 'Submit'
2. OTP entry window disappears, no further response. Not logged in.

Tried several times with both Firefox and Chrome.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I haven't had that issue, but I am getting bloody sick of having to do 2FA so often.

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Seems like AC finally fixed the online check-in bug/loophole that used to be exploitable to get preferred seats for free without status, or at least they tried to fix it
You're mad because AC fixed a glitch that allowed you to commit petty theft?
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 9, 2019 at 9:53 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
I don't think it has ever worked correctly the first time for me. Long delay to send the 2FA email, then the first code NEVER seems to work. Have to request it at least twice, often more.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Similar issue today.

1. Enter OTP, click 'Submit'
2. OTP entry window disappears, no further response. Not logged in.

Tried several times with both Firefox and Chrome.
I logged into Aeroplan for the first time in awhile yesterday using the iPhone app and it made me change my password and do the email OTP, but allowed me to log in. Later, I tried to log in to the website and experienced the same problem. Changing my password, different devices, etc. and all had the same problem. Eventually, I tried logging into aircanada.com and it provided an error code. I thought this was something wrong with my account specifically but when I tried calling the contact centre, it had a message indicating longer than usual wait times due to website technical issues.

Google suggests the error is the SAP Gigya Customer Data Cloud error 403101 "Account Pending TFA Verification." More specifically, this appears to be related to logins from devices which have not previously been verified, though the decision to prompt for the OTP is controlled by something called a "Risk Based Authentication" policy. Were I to speculate, it looks like something is going wrong after entering the OTP which prevents the system from recognizing a device as verified, hence it keeps requesting another OTP.

Whatever the problem is, on the plus side, it doesn't seem to affect logging in via the mobile apps.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by The Lev
the site no longer accepts six-digit passwords. You are going to have to reset your password to something longer - I think it is now minimum 10-digits.
My password is longer than that. I meant the 2F code that Aeroplan sends out.

Is there a way to disable 2F login? I'm ok with just username and password like before. 2F login is annoying.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Dudster
I logged into Aeroplan for the first time in awhile yesterday using the iPhone app and it made me change my password and do the email OTP, but allowed me to log in. Later, I tried to log in to the website and experienced the same problem. Changing my password, different devices, etc. and all had the same problem. Eventually, I tried logging into aircanada.com and it provided an error code. I thought this was something wrong with my account specifically but when I tried calling the contact centre, it had a message indicating longer than usual wait times due to website technical issues.

Google suggests the error is the SAP Gigya Customer Data Cloud error 403101 "Account Pending TFA Verification." More specifically, this appears to be related to logins from devices which have not previously been verified, though the decision to prompt for the OTP is controlled by something called a "Risk Based Authentication" policy. Were I to speculate, it looks like something is going wrong after entering the OTP which prevents the system from recognizing a device as verified, hence it keeps requesting another OTP.

Whatever the problem is, on the plus side, it doesn't seem to affect logging in via the mobile apps.
I experienced the same thing as you. As of now, I can login online via my phone without any issues. I still can't login via my desktop at the time of this post.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: PlatUnited, PlatIHG, Dmnd Hyatt, Dmnd Hilton, GoldBerlin, Gold Copa
Aeroplan login issues anyone?

Anyone experiencing aeroplan login issues?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ichka
Anyone experiencing aeroplan login issues?
Yes, the two factor verification email never arrives.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: PlatUnited, PlatIHG, Dmnd Hyatt, Dmnd Hilton, GoldBerlin, Gold Copa
I am getting verification code but then it starts looping back to login -> get verification code - > confirmed -> login
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by ichka
I am getting verification code but then it starts looping back to login -> get verification code - > confirmed -> login
I am having significant problems this morning, I have gone through multiple verification codes, all not accepted, Been locked out, changed my password, finally gave up and phoned in.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Still the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.