Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I have continued to have this issues on all 3 websites. The Altitude website will not allow a sign in until I have gone through the entering of the code on either the Aeroplan site or the AC site. I am using Safari and cannot figure out how to prevent this.

Any ideas?
3rd Party cookie blocking is the likely culprit. It works for me now after allowing specific cookies as described in Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019 See posts 97 to 102 for specifics
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
3rd Party cookie blocking is the likely culprit. It works for me now after allowing specific cookies as described in Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019 See my post # 102 for specifics and credit to BenSenise for finding the solution.
That works fine for Chrome - how do you do that in Safari?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
That works fine for Chrome - how do you do that in Safari?
Google says https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guid...cookies/safari
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
That actually provides information for an older version of Safari. I think I figured it out. You have to click on Settings for This Website and ensure the Enable Content Blockers is unchecked. I have signed in a few times and it seems to now work.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:12 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Here's a new Aeroplan wrinkle. At least for me, so I figured I would post it.

After searching and selecting my choice from the flights suggested and then hitting the "Book" button. I get this wonderful warning with some curious looking gibberish as well:

Since changing browsers / modes yields the same message AND I don't want other mixed class (shudder) flights, I'll just do the online version of HUCA and Try Again Later.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had that issue when I was trying to get to AKL and SIN on one booking. My only guess was that it was caused by the furthest point by distance (SIN) not being the most expensive stop (AKL).

I had to call to get it done.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:05 am

Yeah, my routing was a pretty simple (FCO-YUL-YVR) IKK one way, so we will see.

I'll report back once I get this resolved.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:57 pm

Angry air canada flight pass booking web site error

Hi,

I just purchased a Air Canada flight pass, when I tried to make a booking, I always encounter the following error

An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.
You may require this code if reporting a problem
RC=413 component=Service Fault

I called AC hotline they just ask me to wait, they said the pass is not yet activated. (but they have already charged my credit card !) It has been 2 days still not working.

any idea how long I have to wait?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Is this some special kind of flight pass? I have never had a problem booking immediately after purchase on a regular flight pass--unlimited or credit type. I would escalate and get this fixed. Don't take no for an answer (or at least get a credible one).
flyquiet likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:31 am

it's international Hong Kong to Western American flight pass .

I may be their first customer outside of Canada buying this and they didn't know there is such software bug.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by streetsmart3388
Hi,

I just purchased a Air Canada flight pass, when I tried to make a booking, I always encounter the following error

An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.
You may require this code if reporting a problem
RC=413 component=Service Fault

I called AC hotline they just ask me to wait, they said the pass is not yet activated. (but they have already charged my credit card !) It has been 2 days still not working.

any idea how long I have to wait?
I recently had the same type of problem and called in. The very helpful AC agent confirmed that from their end the transaction did not complete, the flight pass didn't show up under my AC account and there was no confirmation email received. The credit card charge was a hold, not a completed transaction, and cleared itself in about 2 business days.

Since I needed to make a flight pass booking, I retried the purchase again using a different browser and this time everything went smoothly, flight pass showed up on my AC account and I received the confirmation email.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:32 am

i may have encountered a different issue, i received confirmatino email and my flight pass credits are there, just can't complete the booking...
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by streetsmart3388
i may have encountered a different issue, i received confirmatino email and my flight pass credits are there, just can't complete the booking...
Have you tried the Android/iOS app? I often get different behavior on mobile compared to web. It could work to your advantage.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Here's a new Aeroplan wrinkle. At least for me, so I figured I would post it.

After searching and selecting my choice from the flights suggested and then hitting the "Book" button. I get this wonderful warning with some curious looking gibberish as well:

Since changing browsers / modes yields the same message AND I don't want other mixed class (shudder) flights, I'll just do the online version of HUCA and Try Again Later.
Okay, I tried booking this today for the same flights and now it worked.

The theory (which is mine) is that because I was originally booking these on the first full day of reward availability for these dates (355 days out) that, although the valid flights were shown properly, something on the back-end related to pricing the iten was not fully populated. Or something like that.

Beyond that, I don't know, but figured I would post the update just in case someone has a similar issue in the future.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Okay, I tried booking this today for the same flights and now it worked.

The theory (which is mine) is that because I was originally booking these on the first full day of reward availability for these dates (355 days out) that, although the valid flights were shown properly, something on the back-end related to pricing the iten was not fully populated. Or something like that.

Beyond that, I don't know, but figured I would post the update just in case someone has a similar issue in the future.
That sounds about right. I've booked first day in the past - just remember that AE works* UTC only

* works being a relative term
YYC traveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.