Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Can login to the Aeroplan website and the Altitude Website but I cannot login through the Air Canada app to get my altitude card. Re-installed the app but issue remained.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:28 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, the Altitude card thing is gone from the iOS app for me too.

And I don't get the SE black bar on the home screen either. At least I think there used to be some indication of my status ...
24left likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

And I don't get the SE black bar on the home screen either. At least I think there used to be some indication of my status ...
I don't have the gold 50K status either in the Android app. Under settings you can link your Altitude account, but that screen has a 10 character limit for the password and after the AE password reset, my password is now longer than 10 characters and not accepted. I assume an updated version of the AC app is in the works.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Same here as well. It's been like this for a week or so. And yes there was an indication of status on the main page. When trying to log in, as others have already mentioned I also get an error message stating something about Mobile+, which we know has been discontinued.

I'm sure it will be fixed one day; the question is when.
24left likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Oh AC app, how I (DON'T) love you so

Hello FT,

It's been a long time since we last met - blame work.

But I can't resist, as a good citizen, to highlight the ongoing mess of an app/website/IT in general that AC perpetuates. Furthermore, just in case this applies to you (whoever you are), you should be aware that I received warning of your impending ICN-YVR flight. How do I know it's not mine, well, other than my version of AC 64 is not till late next week, yours is now and, well, AC if you're reading, notice how my next flight is still over 24 hours to go and it's YVR-PVG...

Better luck next time, AC.

M240
Attached Images  
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
wow Air Canada and IT seriously who do they hire that can consistently be so stupid.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:56 pm
Suspended

I have to get a six-digit code to "verify my email" (huh?) every time i log into aeroplan.com. i don't see any other posts about that in this thread or on this forum.
i changed my password. i'm getting the emails.
i've tried logging in with my aeroplan number as well as my email.
what do i have to do to be able to log in with without having to go through this verification process every time?

Edit to add: i was reluctant to start messing around with cookies but i have third party cookies blocked on my chrome browser. i found two URLs among the many cookies (over 100) that are created when i log into aeroplan and allowed them and now i can log in. now i need to narrow it down to see which individual one it is and then i'll re=block the rest.

in case anyone's interested, the cookies are from quantserve.com (one cookie) and gigya.com (9 cookies.)

Last edited by BenSenise; Sep 16, 2019 at 4:18 pm Reason: add additional info
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, they do it in the name of security. They must be more secure than Google, because Google only requires a OTP every 12 months or so.
douglasr likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BenSenise
I have to get a six-digit code to "verify my email" (huh?) every time i log into aeroplan.com. i don't see any other posts about that in this thread or on this forum.
i changed my password. i'm getting the emails.
i've tried logging in with my aeroplan number as well as my email.
what do i have to do to be able to log in with without having to go through this verification process every time?

Edit to add: i was reluctant to start messing around with cookies but i have third party cookies blocked on my chrome browser. i found two URLs among the many cookies (over 100) that are created when i log into aeroplan and allowed them and now i can log in. now i need to narrow it down to see which individual one it is and then i'll re=block the rest.

in case anyone's interested, the cookies are from quantserve.com (one cookie) and gigya.com (9 cookies.)
Not only do you need the 6 digit code every time you log in to Aeroplan you need it for the AC site also. Did you enable those cookies which then allowed you to log in?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My biggest issue is they haven't fixed the main issue that prevents anything from working for me if I'm not in incognito, or have cleared cookies.

Which means I have to use incognito to do anything on AC.com.

Which means it's always a fresh login.

Which means I need the OTP every time.
douglasr likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Not only do you need the 6 digit code every time you log in to Aeroplan you need it for the AC site also. Did you enable those cookies which then allowed you to log in?
i haven't logged into the aircanada website but allowing chrome to keep those cookies i mentioned above has solved the issue of needing the code every time i log into aeroplan.com.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by BenSenise
i haven't logged into the aircanada website but allowing chrome to keep those cookies i mentioned above has solved the issue of needing the code every time i log into aeroplan.com.
Can confirm!

I added [*.]gigya.com to the allowed list under Advanced -> Privacy -> Site Settings -> Cookies in Chrome settings. I can now login to Aeroplan and Air Canada sites without the MFA code and I can also access the eUpgrade site without getting in a loop of failed redirects and login attempts which happened if I was already logged in to the main Air Canada site.

Works for me without: [*.]quantserve.com

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Sep 16, 2019 at 8:06 pm Reason: Remove [*.]quantserve.com
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan. Westjet
The AC tech folks have basically completely bollixed up the customer-facing websites and apps for AC, Aeroplan, and Altitude.. I've been a SE for decades - but now cannot book a flight on their website (that's been going on for 2 weeks), and anything I have booked by one of the AC reservation folks doesn't show on "My Bookings" - and the change in logins and passwords continues to generate all kinds of snarly experiences, none of which help me as a customer...If I was to invent a way to drive AC customers away, I'd be generating exactly the glitches that AC has created for their entire customer base, which they seem to have no ability to fix.
I'd expect this complete clumsiness and incompetence from a startup, but Air Canada is supposed to be a competently run and managed business - and this whole debacle is showing that they are not. Shame on you Calvin!! You are paying attention to your bottom line and completely ignoring how you are treating your customers shamefully!!
I'm glad I have Westjet gold status (thanks Westjet!) - their senior management seems to actually be concerned about the service levels for their customers.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:14 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
I block various ads and trackers network wide via a dns relay on my router (think pihole but sitting on my edgerouter er-pro).
Guess what stopped working with the recent change...blocking gigya spying now prevents logins to aeroplan/ac/altitude.
Hop on a vpn with a non blocking dns and it works.
Oh, and I can't load my altitude card on the app ( again via vpn) at all...
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:18 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, they do it in the name of security. They must be more secure than Google, because Google only requires a OTP every 12 months or so.
Indeed. Fort knox have nothing on these guys.
Because sending TOTP over sms/email is super secure, rather than letting users, say, use google auth or andtotp to generate offline codes at least as an option. Or a yubikey. Or any of the oodles of other good solutions for 2fa.
BenSenise and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.