FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:00 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
As part of chasing the EYW people for some missing wings, I noticed something really odd with my Altitude posting details.

I had some flights recently that were flown on a Flight Pass in Flex M and initially just posted on Altitude as "FLEX". A few days later they now appear as"U". I've seen the Flex label a few times before but never noticed if they subsequently changed to an actual fare booking class.

The discrepancy between M and U is something that really puzzles me. Has this been reported before or is this something new or a bug? I wish I had kept screen shots.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but couldn't find a better thread.
It's discussed in some of the branded fares threads.

It appears that the underlying way to post a flight is just with a fare class. But since a fare class can be any brand:

Comfort posts as M
Flex posts as U
Standard posts as T (I think? I don't fly Standard)

For a Flex pass, or for a P fare with an all-Y segment in M, they only want to award 100% miles. So they post it as "Flex", which is done with the letter U.

Nothing to worry about, since you received the correct mileage.