Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I love AC silliness.

AC website: AC151 on November 23rd, departure 18:20
AC FP site: AC151 on November 23rd, departure 18:55

Pretty sure #2 is right... Which means their official website/booking engine is getting departure times wrong. Hooray!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Another good reason to not arrive at the airport 30 mins before a flight is apparently meant to leave.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Problem accessing seat map.

When using upgrade web site and after upgrading choosing a seat just rewrites the screen and no selection is given, On 2 upgrades today I have had to go to aircanada and choose / change the upgrade seat selection.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traacs

When using upgrade web site and after upgrading choosing a seat just rewrites the screen and no selection is given, On 2 upgrades today I have had to go to aircanada and choose / change the upgrade seat selection.
And I thought it was just me... (Wrongly blaming the blacklist in my /etc/hosts file...)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE

I had the same issue twice last week. So it's been ongoing for more than 1 week.
At least the aircanada.com site was working fine!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:55 am

November 14 still the same problem

Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:57 am

The app fails miserably dealing with seat changes if you have upgraded; I've never gotten it to even SHOW the correct seat let alone it to be changed.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by jc94
The app fails miserably dealing with seat changes if you have upgraded; I've never gotten it to even SHOW the correct seat let alone it to be changed.
I have never had a problem until this week. Last upgrades on the week of October 23 to 28 worked just fine and that doing a upgrade every day!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:28 pm

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

The page has gone partially French on us. Not sure how new this is.

Within Canada et between Canada and the U.S.

Last edited by jc94; Nov 16, 2017 at 2:30 pm Reason: Text decided to post huuuge
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I can't seem to pull flight status for any flights in the app or on the website.

Edit: All seems good now.

Last edited by canadiancow; Nov 16, 2017 at 9:44 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC SE
Trying to sign in to aircanada.com to book a flight and give AC money. Tried a couple times and I just get the never-ending airplane graphic going around in circles.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: AC100K MM, IHG Spire, Mariott Bonvoy lifetime titanium
Starting this week I cannot select seat after using upgrade either.

On a different note, couple of months ago I was boarding flight YYZ to YUL. I handed the GA my boarding pass and my Ontario Health card as government issued photo ID. He told me that it was not an acceptable form of Identification. I told him that the requirement is government issued photo id which the card clearly is. He then said only ID issued by the federal government is acceptable, like passports and driver licenses. After a slight pause to digest that info I take out my driver license and handed it to GA and ask him to read the very top where it said Government of Ontario. Then I boarded.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by ansix12
Starting this week I cannot select seat after using upgrade either.

On a different note, couple of months ago I was boarding flight YYZ to YUL. I handed the GA my boarding pass and my Ontario Health card as government issued photo ID. He told me that it was not an acceptable form of Identification. I told him that the requirement is government issued photo id which the card clearly is. He then said only ID issued by the federal government is acceptable, like passports and driver licenses. After a slight pause to digest that info I take out my driver license and handed it to GA and ask him to read the very top where it said Government of Ontario. Then I boarded.
Yeah there appears to be something weird about Ontario Health cards. Apparently, even banks don't accept it as a valid form of ID.

I think that's interesting, especially that in Quebec they are anot allowed to outright ask for your Driver's licence, and health cards are Provincial issued.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:46 pm

Today November 18 the problem still there

Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Today November 18 the problem still there

I had the same problem last week but couldn't do it on the main AC site either, would have had to phone in to get it fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.