Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Dorian
Clearly the second one is wrong. Arrival time in vancouver should be 04:35.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Have 2 awards booked. When I go to manage my rewards, I can't actually view the itinerary (they show as ticketed with the booking number, but no link to view it or cancel it), nor am I given the option to cancel on line which I used to be able to do, and which their self-serve tools should allow me to.

I really don't feel like phoning in and arguing that I should be charged $30 vs the $100 call in fee to cancel.

I used to be able to plug the Booking Reference into the standard AC bookings section, but that does not appear to work either? Is that another enhancement?

PS-just tried the mobile app on IOS When I try to view the reward it shows as "being there", but when you tap to view it, it just returns me to a blank screen. On Android I get the old familiar' We are unable to retrieve the information you requested. Please try again later".

Maybe Curly, Larry or Moe can look into this??
Attached Images  

Last edited by mapleg; Oct 11, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapleg
Have 2 awards booked. When I go to manage my rewards, I can't actually view the itinerary (they show as ticketed with the booking number, but no link to view it or cancel it), nor am I given the option to cancel on line which I used to be able to do, and which their self-serve tools should allow me to.

I really don't feel like phoning in and arguing that I should be charged $30 vs the $100 call in fee to cancel.

I used to be able to plug the Booking Reference into the standard AC bookings section, but that does not appear to work either? Is that another enhancement?
I have an itinerary that looks like that on aeroplan.com, but it's one that needs a clean up. Shows on aircanada.com with duplicated leg, airport change from LHR to YYC.

But as mentioned I can see it on aircanada.com.

Not sure why you mention fees? Are you trying to cancel? You can phone and ask what is going on, if there is an issue that needs being fixed. They won't charge for that.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
I have an itinerary that looks like that on aeroplan.com, but it's one that needs a clean up. Shows on aircanada.com with duplicated leg, airport change from LHR to YYC.

But as mentioned I can see it on aircanada.com.

Not sure why you mention fees? Are you trying to cancel? You can phone and ask what is going on, if there is an issue that needs being fixed. They won't charge for that.
Yes, I will have to cancel one of the 2.

Looks like I can see both itineraries on AC if I sign in on Ipad or Android device using the mobile app, but cannot see them if I sign in on Windows PC

Like yours it shows a little strangley on AC mobile app. Look like they have put in the initial flight with 2 separate departure times.

I am probably better viewing in on EVA or SQ websites (since those are the only airlines I am using on the trip)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapleg
Yes, I will have to cancel one of the 2.

Looks like I can see both itineraries on AC if I sign in on Ipad or Android device using the mobile app, but cannot see them if I sign in on Windows PC

Like yours it shows a little strangley on AC mobile app. Look like they have put in the initial flight with 2 separate departure times.

I am probably better viewing in on EVA or SQ websites (since those are the only airlines I am using on the trip)
Ask them to clean up the file. After that you'll be able to work on it online again.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Ask them to clean up the file. After that you'll be able to work on it online again.
Thanks I will give them a call in the next few days.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
"Intro paragraph"?

Now on the first set of offers on AC.com. Ooops

Attached Images  
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:47 pm

Maybe Intro Paragraph is a new branded fare!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This moning:

Go to aeroplan.com, log in. Then go to "manage your rewards."

Says "page not found."
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Recently wrote in about an issue. Auto response updated to indicate they will get back within 40 days. Guess they are hoping that I will forget the concern if it takes that long.

What happened to 21 days?

Not a good way to engender loyalty as per the stated goal in the new thread about hiring to build the Altitude program.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The Android app I realize doesn't deal with timezones. Refresh the standby/upgrade lists, it'll show "last updated" in my home (last rebooted?) TZ.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Checkin Issues

Hey there - not able to checkin for a flight (tried on Web and via App on iPhone). I get through most of process but then at the end it says could not be completed and I need to see a checkin agent at airport.

Could this be due to the fact that we're on Canadian passports, requiring a Visa at our destination? Do they want to check our visa before issuing BPs?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by seegs
Hey there - not able to checkin for a flight (tried on Web and via App on iPhone). I get through most of process but then at the end it says could not be completed and I need to see a checkin agent at airport.

Could this be due to the fact that we're on Canadian passports, requiring a Visa at our destination? Do they want to check our visa before issuing BPs?
If you can start the check in process and it breaks at the end, then you are either DHP, SSSS, or required to do a doc check (wife had that once and she got a DOC OK on BP, but maybe that's something else).

If all they want is to see your passport, you can skip the line as the selfserve can validate the passports (apparently), and so no need to queue.

Please report what ends up happening so we can validate for other FTers.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've checked in for 9 of my EYW flights via the app.

This required 3 separate check-ins (due to a YVR-YYJ-YVR and YUL-BOS-YUL).

I now have all the boarding passes in the app.

However, they're partially out of order.

I have YUL-BOS, YUL-YFC, BOS-YUL.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonours Gold, AC 35K, Westjet Gold
The itinerary you requested is not available

Has anyone got the error
THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE

I have found the flights I want and when I go to pay I get this error. I tried the call centre and they said they can't see the same flight.

I search via United and also see the same results. Am I out of luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.