Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by seegs
Getting an error message yesterday and today when clicking "Book" after the space shows up. Messages vary from unable to make booking due to live changes of availability to random codes telling me to call in to report.

I bit the bullet, called into the centre to book the tickets and they could also not book it. She said the entire week I was looking 2 seats were available for my itinerary but it would not take.

Anyone experienced this before? Is it phantom space or truly an error?
Still getting error message with this flight. I have called in twice, wrote to them on Facebook and tried to book online multiple times. One flight (YYZ-MUC) is giving the error. According to ExpertFlyer and UA, there are award seats so it's not an issue with Aeroplan, likely with Air Canada.

Any ideas what I can do? My return flight is available but I don't feel like risking a one way reward with the outbound never appearing and having to pay up $150 pp to cancel the return flights.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Is Erroplan down again? Trying to log in on 2 different browsers,
and cannot get beyond language selection page.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
It seems to be working fine for me. I am even able to log in!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I can't get in either.

==
Now can get it. Firebox had issue about page not found, but now ok.

Last edited by yscleo; Sep 6, 2017 at 8:48 am
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
More of this joy...

Slight variation this time (for AC561 tomorrow):

1) Tried to shortcut the 6-step process above by entering my APIS information with passport as travel document and Nexus as KTN. Checked in through mobile with passport as travel document. No dice.
2) Undid check-in. Removed all APIS information.
3) Checked in again through mobile, entering Nexus as both the travel document and the KTN. Success!

Is this thing just completely random? What a gong show...
Another data point (that only serves to deepen the mystery):

SFO-YYZ-AMS tomorrow.
No APIS pre-entry.
Checked in through mobile.
Used passport as travel document (no opportunity to provide KTN / Nexus number).
Got Pre-Check.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Aeroplan booking error = FSCL - qpx - 6 - 413

Has anyone ever gotten this before?

I'm looking into booking: YOW-YHZ-YYG-YOW for Sept 15-17-22. Once I select the flights, I get this message (FSCL - qpx - 6 - 413) in the Summary box.

However when I change the dates to Sept 16-18-22, then I am able to book. Likewise, if I switch it to YOW-YYG-YHZ-YOW.

These are SE100K Priority Rewards if that matters..

*UPDATE*
Looks like it was a glitch. Found an Agent that was able to book the ticket on a separate system, and waived the booking fee for me.

Last edited by YOWzer; Sep 12, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Booking a flight Pass ticket , after selecting the route i get the following
An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.

You may return to the previous page and your current information by selecting your browser's 'Back' button.

You may require this code if reporting a problem to Website Assistance.
RC=C component=Service Fault
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Manage My Bookings shows two flights I have pending, plus a cancelled flight which is showing as cancelled. (I cancelled within 24 hours and rebooked in different fare class.)
The Flight Pass Bookings tab shows one pending flight pass segment booked.
When I "search" for a booking using the PNR, I can also see another flight I have booked (which is good news because it is in two days and, hey, it is not in MMB. But I should see it in MMB without searching by PNR, especially if it's going to show me two other pending and even one cancelled flight.)

App:
As others have noted, the app is helping itself to data. I did not have to input the PNRs, even, to have it show my FP booing and one of the regular bookings. I had one flight showing, I input another PNR, and it populated with three other flights. When I cancelled the one flight and booked its replacement, the app automatically showed the new PNR. I was quite impressed.
The website, despite its trendy, boxy cosmetics, is lacking information to reassure us that it's expecting us on all of our flights.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Contrary to popular belief AC doesn't want you in their flights. If you pay (when you can) and fail to turn up this is good for them.

If enough people fail to turn up (after paying) they can even avoid "bumping" people or even cancel the flight due to low load and "bump" people onto another flight, ideally at a higher cost (to consumer) while losing their operating costs.

The worst result is more CBC articles and who really reads those anyway.

Yes this is firmly tongue in cheek :P
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:33 am

AP: Unable to complete booking

The taxes changed during your booking.
Due to real-time availability, the airport taxes and surcharges changed during your booking,

No. No, they haven't. Not every single time I try, which seems to be locking up the inventory for a while. And can't even call in yet because customer service isn't open. And who wants to bet they'll want to charge me for calling in even if I can't book because of their lousy site?
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:40 pm

On Aeroplan site I have the following under manage awards:

TRAVEL REWARDS
Booking Date Rewards Booking Reference Miles Status
Aug 07, 2017 Calgary - XXX
Departs: Apr 29, 2018, xxxxxx 230,000 Ticketed
2 passengers
The other elements like Cancel and Itinerary starts with retrieving but shows blank after few seconds. For few weeks in the not so distant past it also had the other carriers RN. What happen to these selections? Has any one else see this shortcoming?

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Sep 13, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Today's website crappiness:

We are temporarily unable to process your request.
Please try again later. (err-7)

Very simple domestic multi-city triangle routing:

YYC-YOW-YYZ-YYC

Now having wasted time on the useless website, I now will have the pleasure of dealing with a junior, poorly-trained agent that will state, rather emphatically, that "if it cannot be done on the website then it won't work for me either".

Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC*A
They finally updated the Rouge 321 seat map at least

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...!aircraft@a321
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:33 am

I keep getting this error on the AC app this morning...useless!

Name:  IMG_2670.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  191.7 KB
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
And to think I was trying to buy a blender AND a toaster. This little game is getting tiresome.

Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.