Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by 24left
Do you mean in Manage Bookings on the AC site?
I mean this: http://i.imgur.com/QKfUxIJ.png

Before I was able to see all legs of the itinerary directly by clicking "manage" and now, nothing...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On aeroplan.com. Looking at a reward. Some LH flights show th correct LH logo. Other two show a Rouge logo. One of these is on an E95, so possibly Air Dolomiti. Other shows as a 320, so not Air Dolomiti presumably.

But Rouge, I don't think so.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rykoshet

Before I was able to see all legs of the itinerary directly by clicking "manage" and now, nothing...
I see "seat selection," "cancel" and "Details > ." No "manage." And all theese seem to be missing on the picture you posted.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
I see "seat selection," "cancel" and "Details > ." No "manage." And all theese seem to be missing on the picture you posted.
That's what I mean. I used to have those options.

So it's not a server issue?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:54 am

Are you booked in F on OZ? There has been an aircraft change from A380 to B777 that has affected bookings.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...-am-i-now.html

Last edited by imverge; Aug 12, 2017 at 9:59 am Reason: added thread link
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by imverge
Are you booked in F on OZ? There has been an aircraft change from A380 to B777 that has affected bookings.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...-am-i-now.html
I was in J. Business Smartimum.

Is an equipment change a reason to get a free change with AP? I really wanted the A380 and I don't know if there's even enough space in J on the 77. When I try to change my seat on Asiana it shows all seats full and my butt isn't in one of them...

Last edited by Rykoshet; Aug 12, 2017 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
If you've been involuntarily downgraded out of J, then that's certainly a reason for a free change.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you've been involuntarily downgraded out of J, then that's certainly a reason for a free change.
So I called AP. They said this was not a reason for a free change (it happens) and it would need to be escalated.

Thankfully calling Asiana put me back into J (I wonder who they kicked out). I think the plane is a 772 v2 (because it has both an E and an F row).

It says "lie-flat seat" on seatguru...anyone have experience with this version?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC*A
So I called AP. They said this was not a reason for a free change (it happens) and it would need to be escalated.

Thankfully calling Asiana put me back into J (I wonder who they kicked out). I think the plane is a 772 v2 (because it has both an E and an F row).

It says "lie-flat seat" on seatguru...anyone have experience with this version?
If the seat map shows 22 or 24 seats in J then it is the fully-flat, suite product (1-2-1). If there are 28 seats, it is the "lie-flat" product (2-3-2), which doesn't fully recline and you would have a seatmate.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It sounds like it's moot since OZ seems to have fixed your problem, but that's a pretty ridiculous thing for an Aeroplan agent to say. They sold you a business class ticket and charged you a business class price.

If you were involuntarily downgraded at the airport, you would be due significant compensation. If it happens in advance, you should be allowed to change to a different flight that will keep you in the class of service that you paid for, without penalty (although fees/taxes would probably need to be recalculated). Or you could get a full refund.

This would be a HUCA situation as far as I'm concerned.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, here is a fresh experience. I saw the same thing.

I have experienced situations, both on aircanada.com and on aeroplan.com whereby after a period of inactivity, I still appear to be logged on, but some/most/all of the things requiring being logged on no longer work. Thus I only seem to be logged on because my name, No. and miles still show on top of the page.

(May have to do with my cookies policy/hosts file, which blacklist most advertisement sites. Probably why the "rental cars" option on aircanada.com no longer leads anything for me.)

Anyway, I had left the "manage your rewards" page open and forgot about it. When I came back and reloaded it, first it showed "retrieving" for these clickable yellow pieces of text. Then the "retrieving" message disappeared and left nothing behind, just nothing. Just like the posted pictures.

I relogged on and the things reappeared.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Orcair
If the seat map shows 22 or 24 seats in J then it is the fully-flat, suite product (1-2-1). If there are 28 seats, it is the "lie-flat" product (2-3-2), which doesn't fully recline and you would have a seatmate.
Phew, it is 22 seats in 1-2-1 configuration. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Why is it only the airlines who cant seems to pull their heads out of their butts when it comes to website CX?

Look at cruise lines like Royal, Carnival, NCL.... all have beautiful website with great checkout experience, RCL esp.

AC's current site navigation flow for eupgrade is a literal burf bag
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC E75K

This has been happening to me too for about a week. Have an upcoming trip in October (booked in February), but now when I go to Manage Bookings it says "Retrieving" for about 5 seconds, then nothing. Never retrieves the details.

I've tried on 2 different Windows machines, (Windows 10 and 7) with Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and get the same thing every time (i.e. nothing is ever retrieved).
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Why is it only the airlines who cant seems to pull their heads out of their butts when it comes to website CX?

Look at cruise lines like Royal, Carnival, NCL.... all have beautiful website with great checkout experience, RCL esp.

AC's current site navigation flow for eupgrade is a literal burf bag
You should see their site pathing for checking in. If you google "Air Canada Check-In" it takes you to their "how to check in" page, which tells you:

Code:
To Access Mobile Check-in:

Just type mobile.aircanada.com into your Internet-enabled mobile device and select the Check-in option. And while you’re checking in, you can choose to receive your electronic boarding pass directly to your mobile device. You can also:
Not too bad, right...except that mobile.aircanada.com above is NOT a hyperlink. They are literally telling you to type it into your phone and then click two buttons, rather than providing you a direct link.

It's as bad as most government website.

Originally Posted by padawanflyer
This has been happening to me too for about a week. Have an upcoming trip in October (booked in February), but now when I go to Manage Bookings it says "Retrieving" for about 5 seconds, then nothing. Never retrieves the details.

I've tried on 2 different Windows machines, (Windows 10 and 7) with Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and get the same thing every time (i.e. nothing is ever retrieved).
My problem turned out to be changes in flight #s and aircraft on the itinerary. The agent had to manually re-issue the itinerary, and now I have full functionality again. Give them a call and see if you've got any issue with your ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.