Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does it show up in the app?
Haven't bothered to check since I don't know whether she has an AC mobile+ account etc and don't feel like going through all that hassle.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
If you need a laugh..... received a letter from AE this week asking me to join and offering 1000 bonus points for using two partners before mid September. This was not a partner generated mailing from one of the credit card companies. Direct from AE.

I've been a AE member forever. Perhaps they lost their membership records?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Why did the idiots who run AC IT decide that every passenger on a PNR has to use a different e-mail address to get their BP e-mailed? Did they ever consider that people on the same PNR may be travelling together and maybe even live together? And that perhaps one person would coordinate everyone's BPs?

Morons.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Why did the idiots who run AC IT decide that every passenger on a PNR has to use a different e-mail address to get their BP e-mailed? Did they ever consider that people on the same PNR may be travelling together and maybe even live together? And that perhaps one person would coordinate everyone's BPs?

Morons.
I emailed myself two BPs from the same PNR a few months back before sending them both onto the one traveller with a smart phone.

An enhancement?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by jc94
I emailed myself two BPs from the same PNR a few months back before sending them both onto the one traveller with a smart phone.

An enhancement?
Not sure, this definitely isn't the first time I've dealt with this issue. I was using the app last night, maybe on desktop it's not like this?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:49 pm

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Trying to access the Aeroplan website at 148pm PST. There go my plans of booking my return flight before I leave the country

Last edited by Nazdoom; Aug 18, 2017 at 2:49 pm Reason: ambig
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Trying to access the Aeroplan website at 148pm PST. There go my plans of booking my return flight before I leave the country
I just logged in. Try again.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I just logged in. Try again.
Thanks. Weirdly it works in Incognito but I get the same error when I turn Incognito off. Persists despite hard refreshes and restarting Chrome. I must have a bad cookie causing it... bizarre.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Not sure, this definitely isn't the first time I've dealt with this issue. I was using the app last night, maybe on desktop it's not like this?
I'm not sure what I used. But it defo worked for what it's worth.

Consistently inconsistent. But hey at least you were able to book the flights ...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Thanks. Weirdly it works in Incognito but I get the same error when I turn Incognito off. Persists despite hard refreshes and restarting Chrome. I must have a bad cookie causing it... bizarre.
Lots of things on AC and AE don't work in Chrome unless Incognito is on. Just yet another aspect of the crappy design of the sites.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Pfffffft

Attached Images  
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
And still down , traffic jam , a cute way of saying the site is down
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traacs
And still down , traffic jam , a cute way of saying the site is down
Is it just me?

I just logged in no problem.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Able to login, albeit super slow.

When trying to access Flight Passes it hangs up and eventually error message 998. Whatever that means. Ended up calling in.

A couple things the agent said still stick with me:

"usually, these booking should only be done online as flight passes are meant to be self-serve booking".

and

"when you call the Elite line, entering the Aeroplan number is useless as it does not show up at our end unless you are needing a Concierge".

This was Montreal call centre.

Best Airline in North America? Yeah, right.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Couldn't add a checked bag during OLCI as it kept saying the transaction couldn't be finalized. I tried 3 cards that are all working fine otherwise, but no luck.

Agent also couldn't charge me in the system. She said it probably was a bug involving Aeroplan X class bookings. She waived the fee so I can't complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.