Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by supatight80
They refuse to escalate the call to a supervisor or even help desk so what are some of us supposed to do? Call everytime we want some info on your eupgrade account or to upgrade?
Wait a minute. They won't bring a supervisor on? This goes against all call center training.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Wait a minute. They won't bring a supervisor on? This goes against all call center training.
Yep, the guy said it is against Air Canada policy. Talk about being lazy and inept. Had to call concierge to ask for some assistance on escalating the issue to help desk.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Are you guys still experiencing this issue?

Ive called the super elite desk on July 1 and 3 (which just happens to route you to general reservation) and they keep on saying that there is nothing wrong with the eupgrade site. One silly guy even said that in order for you to log on to your eupgrade account, you need to be within your booking window.

They refuse to escalate the call to a supervisor or even help desk so what are some of us supposed to do? Call everytime we want some info on your eupgrade account or to upgrade?
As of right now, the issue is still ongoing for me.

Raised the issue on Twitter, apparently the IT team is aware of the issue and working on it.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gabdusch
As of right now, the issue is still ongoing for me.

Raised the issue on Twitter, apparently the IT team is aware of the issue and working on it.
Strange that it only happens to some people.

What happens if using private browsing?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stranger
Strange that it only happens to some people.

What happens if using private browsing?
No change with incognito mode. It's definitely a back-end issue.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My educated wild guess:

There was a field in the database for status. It showed S (Super Elite), SM (SE MM), D, DM, etc.

They wanted to indicate something like "high spender" or whatever, so they appended "$" to certain peoples' status. That results in "S$" SM$", etc.

The eUpgrade system explodes when it parses an "unknown" status.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
aeropeso down again.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

But this is not the nightly outage time, it's 10:45am EDT.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Anyone else have issues logging in to manage bookings on aircanada.com? I can login fine the first time, but after that, signing in does nothing for me. I need to clear all cookies & local storage, and then login again.

Not sure if this is related to ....... or something else, but quite annoying.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Yep, the guy said it is against Air Canada policy. Talk about being lazy and inept. Had to call concierge to ask for some assistance on escalating the issue to help desk.
This has been AC policy for quite some time now, even on the supposed Priority Line. The agents are supposed to offer a callback which is spotty at best. Just a few days ago I had an agent advise me that she had no idea what I was requesting (for the record it was a clueless Tampa call centre agent).

AC consistently dismisses concerns that, if solved in the timely fashion, would reduce call volume, increase sales and make for happier customers. But no.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC E25k, NEXUS
I thought it's just me but reading the thread it seems like some (but not all) of you are also experiencing the eupgrade login problem.

I'm been having trouble for almost a week. Does anyone have any update? I need to request an upgrade tomorrow. Shall I just call in if it doesn't get resolved?
Attached Images  
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Call in.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
[/B]
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
This has been AC policy for quite some time now, even on the supposed Priority Line. The agents are supposed to offer a callback which is spotty at best. Just a few days ago I had an agent advise me that she had no idea what I was requesting (for the record it was a clueless Tampa call centre agent).

AC consistently dismisses concerns that, if solved in the timely fashion, would reduce call volume, increase sales and make for happier customers. But no.
The conversation I had with that male agent really left a sour taste in my mouth. I just dont get what this "super elite priority #" is all about when all it does is jump you to the front of the queue with general reservations. And what really bugged me when the guy wouldnt escalate the call to a supervisor or help desk, he had the balls to connect me to the baggage department.

I wasnt trying to escalate the call because of his dismal customer service. All i wanted is to escalate the call to have this "Eupgrade Exception" taken a look at as he (and help desk apparently) said that in order for you to access your eupgrade account online, you have to be within your booking window.

No matter how many new planes or new livery AC does, theyll never be best in class with this kind of customer service
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
This is a good one. I'm in Russia right now. When I open AirCanada.com on my mobile browser, I get this:

If I click the "browse" link the same message appears. For me, I know how to spoof an IP address, and I can use my computer at home remotely. But, what is the regular user supposed to do? Call AC and be told by the recording that it is better to use the website?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by tinchote
This is a good one. I'm in Russia right now. When I open AirCanada.com on my mobile browser, I get this:

If I click the "browse" link the same message appears. For me, I know how to spoof an IP address, and I can use my computer at home remotely. But, what is the regular user supposed to do? Call AC and be told by the recording that it is better to use the website?
I have that problem as well here in the Philippines, i just change the aircanada.com/ca/en...
to aircanada.com/us/en...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Maybe the call centre training you give, but I don't see why AC's policy would go against their own training... I've called many places where they don't have managers on the floor, chase bank being one of them, and they simply told me they couldn't escalate as they were the end of the line.
Then I just wrote in to the ombudsman and that was the end of the story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.