Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by hh123456744
Hi, today I try to book award tickets. I just found that it only show a reservation number and asked to call the Aeroplan office to issue the tickets? what happened? anyone know that?

Thanks.
Being your first post, welcome to FT.

Did it specifically give you an error message with the Aeroplan call centre phone number? What were you trying to book?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Being your first post, welcome to FT.

Did it specifically give you an error message with the Aeroplan call centre phone number? What were you trying to book?
Hi I try to book ANA flight from Japan to China; it showed like there is the last step to get your travel awards, please call the aeroplan center and prepare you credit cards ready..
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hi I try to book ANA flight from Japan to China; it showed like there is the last step to get your travel awards, please call the aeroplan center and prepare you credit cards ready..
I've had this happen to me booking intra-Europe rewards, but it was never stated as an "error", but I never really tried figuring out whether it was. When I called in, there wasn't any issue with having it paid for and issued (I can't remember if the call centre booking fee was waived though).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AC 75K
Hi, today I try to book award tickets. I just found that it only show a reservation number and asked to call the Aeroplan office to issue the tickets? what happened? anyone know that?

Thanks.
This used to happen more frequently when the site wasn't able to calculate taxes/fees. It still happens on occasion.

Just call in to have the tickets issued and to pay for the taxes.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Absolute trash experience again last night booking on AC.COM via mobile site
I actually tried to see if it was possible - it wasnt as it seems VISA doesnt even work on mobile ....
Completely unusable on S8 Plus Chrome

They give the guy who run eCommerce loyalty also? RIP

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 21, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Me: Logs into Jack SR 's account to complete the purchase(SE)
AC: Would you like to buy access to MLL? Only $XX.XX

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...-growth-388740
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Absolute trash experience again last night booking on AC.COM via mobile site
I actually tried to see if it was possible - it wasnt as it seems VISA doesnt even work on mobile ....
Completely unusable on S8 Plus Chrome

They give the guy who run eCommerce loyalty also? RIP
I think what you mean is "they gave loyalty and e-commerce to a new guy".

I'm pretty sure the current iteration of the website launched before Mark was VP of anything at AC.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:12 am

THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE STEP TO COMPLETE YOUR FLIGHT RESERVATIONS!

Please contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre within the next 24 hours to complete your booking.
Please be sure to have your credit card ready when you call, along with your booking reference number.

Booking Reference Number: ******
Aeroplan Contact Centre: 1-844-459-7857
Hours of Operation: From 7:00 ET to 23:00 ET
Please call the Aeroplan Contact Centre before Thu, Aug 23 2018 22:55
However, the flight is in 3 hours. Luckily Aeroplan opens in 48 minutes, but what would happen otherwise?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
However, the flight is in 3 hours. Luckily Aeroplan opens in 48 minutes, but what would happen otherwise?
That’s a great question. I assume it didn’t ticket until you paid, so you would not currently be flying and would have to fight to get points back.

It would be a good question to ask AP. But I don’t see you getting a response included phrases like scheduled downtime and for the reliability of our website. etc.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by jc94

That’s a great question. I assume it didn’t ticket until you paid, so you would not currently be flying and would have to fight to get points back.

It would be a good question to ask AP. But I don’t see you getting a response included phrases like scheduled downtime and for the reliability of our website. etc.
They actually didn't deduct miles until they ticketed it.

This was amusing, as there was a delay, so LX's system reacommodated us to a different flight while we were on hold with Aeroplan. Ended up flying LH with LX YQ

But we didn't get it ticketed until about T-75 from the original departure. So that could have been bad.
jc94 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think what you mean is "they gave loyalty and e-commerce to a new guy".

I'm pretty sure the current iteration of the website launched before Mark was VP of anything at AC.
Two years is a long enough time to make significant improvements to the website performance.
If I am the owner of sth, I certainly would not allow something almost unusable for nearly two years in to my tenure, even if its a byproduct of the person who owned it before me.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 23, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:48 pm

Two years is a long enough time to make significant improvements to the website performance.
When I am the owner of sth, I certainly would allow something almost unusable for nearly two years in to my tenure, even if its a byproduct of the person who owned it before me.
I think you might have missed a crucial “not” in there Jack

The sites need rewriting. From scratch.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:55 pm

I think you might have missed a crucial “not” in there Jack

The sites need rewriting. From scratch.
Well there are certainly choke points that prob can be addressed without rewriting the whole thing from scratch..
EX: Entering name, phone number on mobile when completing purchasing was bruising, like the phone was literally choking
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:08 pm

Well there are certainly choke points that prob can be addressed without rewriting the whole thing from scratch..
EX: Entering name, phone number on mobile when completing purchasing was bruising, like the phone was literally choking
I personally feel all the behind the scenes code at AC (and AP) is basically a sea of technical debt from ancient code and patches. But this is just a somewhat educated guess.

There are probably specific areas they could target.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:42 pm

I personally feel all the behind the scenes code at AC (and AP) is basically a sea of technical debt from ancient code and patches. But this is just a somewhat educated guess.

There are probably specific areas they could target.
You cant possibly tell me the text fields are as a result of technical debt from ancient code and patches. Yes sure I only kind of know HTML but the back-end mess should not have made it one sec lag for every letter I enter into the field. I cant remember the last time i used a mobile site this bad
unclepants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.