Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 24left
First time I've seen this one.

When selecting "Export to Excel" on the Altitude dashboard for Recent Activity, the .csv chart is completely blank except for the column titles. LOL
Maybe you were logged on to my (non-existent) account.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
@24left. The date filter is busted. Reload the page and just "Export to Excel" without the prep steps and you'll get a CSV.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RangerNS
@24left. The date filter is busted. Reload the page and just "Export to Excel" without the prep steps and you'll get a CSV.
Yes, thanks. Reloading the dashboard and just "Export to Excel" worked. I never use the date filters or any other.

Also still begs the question why so many things with AC are broken or never work the way they should, or never work. Oh never mind. I see there are threads for that.
smallmj likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you have a round-trip Y FP booking, with the return flight eUpgraded, you can't request a complimentary upgrade on the outbound.

Nor can you cancel one segment, if there's an eUp on the other. You have to cancel the whole trip.

I don't know why I booked this as a round-trip in the first place.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
A month ago I booked a flight to Taipei, but I specifically booked the flight to TSA airport rather than to TPE on the outbound journey . The flight is in J and I had a number of options to get there , and in this specific case I wanted to fly to HND, spend overnight in Tokyo and then fly from HND to TSA the next day (the choices for that section are EVA or ANA). At the time of booking there were probably about 5 to 8 various flights all with connections in HND. You could pick whatever you wanted to suit your needs.

Today, when I try to search the same flights, the website insists on "helping" me by insisting on showing flights to all Taipei Airports , rather than just TSA claiming they don't have "Direct" flights to TSA. This muddies the waters and you get a lot of flights on the screen to TPE, which is not where I want to fly into. Now, instead of about 5 to 8 flights connecting in HND, it only shows one and with a one hour connection only, not much of a buffer considering it is winter and AC's vaulted on time performance .

Here's a hint AC. There are no direct flights YYZ to either TPE or TSA, so what the heck? Just give me routings to the airport I actually want to fly to and don't give me a bunch of flights to a different airport in the same city.

Grr.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I used the new (to me) customer feedback form that seems to be hosted on an outside service, something about Microsoft.
It generated an automatic confirmation message.
What I found funny was the different, flaky font size for "as soon as possible" in the message, like they were saying those words sotto voce or something.

ASAP

Last edited by flyquiet; Sep 14, 2018 at 7:02 pm Reason: the image went in the wrong place
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I used the new (to me) customer feedback form that seems to be hosted on an outside service, something about Microsoft.
It generated an automatic confirmation message.
What I found funny was the different, flaky font size for "as soon as possible" in the message, like they were saying those words sotto voce or something.

ASAP

https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportal...da-contact-us/

Microsoft CRM Portals

And yes "as soon as possible", tiny, lol
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Aeroplan search down?

I've been trying to make numerous searches for the past 2 days but I always get stuck on the "Processing… Results will appear shortly" page until the session times out. I'm talking 15+ minutes.

I've tried changing up the search dates, the to/from airports, using the advertised searches...nothing. Anyone else able to search?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rykoshet
I've been trying to make numerous searches for the past 2 days but I always get stuck on the "Processing… Results will appear shortly" page until the session times out. I'm talking 15+ minutes.

I've tried changing up the search dates, the to/from airports, using the advertised searches...nothing. Anyone else able to search?
Let's see....use incognito mode.....try a different browser.....empty cache/clear cookies...guess....
Rykoshet and DNAwizard like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Completed APIS and it said saved but half the info vanished.

Tried again, hit save, and We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please take note of the error number and contact our Technical Support Desk.(APIS_GE)

This is after about 7 attempts to login because my "first name" is apparently my first and middle name concatenated with no space. And yes, they appear separately when I do login.
At least the first time, the 2nd time I logged in, it was all under first name.

But hey its only APIS, it's not that important it's correct.
lallied likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jc94
Completed APIS and it said saved but half the info vanished.

Tried again, hit save, and We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please take note of the error number and contact our Technical Support Desk.(APIS_GE)

This is after about 7 attempts to login because my "first name" is apparently my first and middle name concatenated with no space. And yes, they appear separately when I do login.
At least the first time, the 2nd time I logged in, it was all under first name.

But hey its only APIS, it's not that important it's correct.

There are at least 2 threads going back a few years with endless APIS problems.

I chased AC for quite some time because the APIS form saves my KTN # to the PPT field and I have print-outs and screen shots from my pre-save mode, post save as well as from airport check-in screens. This has been going on for years. AC messed this up and I had to find a workaround and that included suggestions from senior AC YYZ supervisors - as well as a couple of FTers on this forum who had to find their own work-arounds.

I do not have this problem with DL or AA or LH, or LX or SQ or CX......

In related matters, I wonder if AC will ever fix the APIS mess once it "owns" Aeroplan again. For many years and until AC takes it back, Aeroplan/Aimia own our profiles and while some here seem to get the right info auto-populated from wherever it is stored, many of us do not.

There is no reason for it to work properly and well at all these other airlines, yet AC......
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yeah I know I figured this was one of those threads!

This isn’t even an AP flight. Meanwhile no issues doing it on AA last night. Even if they demand I fill in my address which is an airport.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Advance Passenger Information Link Broken

Trying to enter passport information for multiple passenger booking. Pull up PNR using different names, always get same page with first passenger selected. Click for different passenger, get "This site cannot be reached ... ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

aggghhhh
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by visitor
Trying to enter passport information for multiple passenger booking. Pull up PNR using different names, always get same page with first passenger selected. Click for different passenger, get "This site cannot be reached ... ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

aggghhhh
Yup. Also, see this thread, posts 4435-4437

Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:08 pm
Suspended

LOLLLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.