Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Points transferred from AMEX are not showing up at Aeroplan. Seems there is an "issue". No one knows where the problem is or why.
Awesome. Not.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: 35 K
I would like to know if someone can explain AC logic on this. I thought I would use one of my 25% off codes to book a flight from YXH to YYC. What I found is apparently the cost of the flight is only $12.00 and the rest must be fees since the fare with the code was only $3.00 cheaper.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Medhatter
I would like to know if someone can explain AC logic on this. I thought I would use one of my 25% off codes to book a flight from YXH to YYC. What I found is apparently the cost of the flight is only $12.00 and the rest must be fees since the fare with the code was only $3.00 cheaper.
The lowest base fare I see is $199. If you click through, what fare class does it book into?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:55 pm

I didn't even continue when I saw the difference at $3.00. I was going to book the flight for the wife and I then I remembered the codes I had so I thought I would try one. When I saw a Delta $3 I quit looking. Even at $199.00 25% of should be $149.25. Even at Economy Flex it is only $8.00 which values the base fare at $32.00.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Issue is that some lower fares do not combine with a promo code.

So you'll price a K fare without, but an A fare with, and end up with a silly savings (and in some cases even a higher fare with a discount code).

I'll let the usual crew discuss with you whether it's ok or not for AC to do this, but that is what's happening.

You can sometimes see this also with children tickets. So for my sister sometimes she ends up paying an adult fare because there is a sale K fare that has no child discount. It ends up being cheaper than buying a ticket at a higher price with the child discount (which is 25% off base BTW).
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'll let the usual crew discuss with you whether it's ok or not for AC to do this, but that is what's happening.
No, it's not. It's deceptive, just like the nonsense of still burying much of the fare in YQ, and it's a shame AC gets away with this nonsense.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The original query said "1 ticket left" and the discount query said "2 tickets left". This seems to support SparseFlyer's scenario where the discount searches a different fare bucket.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:06 pm

I just watched the Marketplace episode where the lady was delayed 7 hours on a trip to Europe and she got a 25% discount code but if she was coming from Europe with the same delay she would have got 600 Euro ($900). With the way the 25% code works you would almost need a J fare world trip to save $900.
It is very deceptive and in any other retail setting the company would be called out and most likely be investigated for deceptive practices.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
The eupgrade seat selection tool was still broken as of 5:30AM EST last night
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Well, let's try this again, shall we.

I replied to MasterGeek's post elsewhere about his comment re not being able to log in to Aeroplan this morning

-------

And this is the first time I've ever received this kind of idiotic nonsense screen.

While I understand that there have been 2 recent "headaches" that Aeroplan has been dealing with, that company and others seem to be broken when it comes to posting a message at the top of a page, advising that they are having issues and log in is impossible at this time.

Don't tell me my account number or password are wrong when they worked just fine a few hours ago.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
I'm getting the same nonsensical error message. Since I use a password manager to provide the username/password, I'm very confident that I'm not the one making the error.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by 24left
Well, let's try this again, shall we.

I replied to MasterGeek's post elsewhere about his comment re not being able to log in to Aeroplan this morning

-------

And this is the first time I've ever received this kind of idiotic nonsense screen.

While I understand that there have been 2 recent "headaches" that Aeroplan has been dealing with, that company and others seem to be broken when it comes to posting a message at the top of a page, advising that they are having issues and log in is impossible at this time.

Don't tell me my account number or password are wrong when they worked just fine a few hours ago..
I can log in fine.
But the interface screen now just has a big white space where all the booking stuff should be.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The eupgrade seat selection tool was still broken as of 5:30AM EST last night
Still broken today. Also when going looking at the seat selection by going to AC and looking at the booking . The seats that are selected on JAZZ flights do not show up as a X you must hover over the seat to show that it is in fact yours.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Trying to sign in to buy a flight pass.

Regular Chrome: won't even let me access the flight pass page. I get these choices. If I hit "Login", it boots me back to the homepage. If I hit "Continue as guest", the plane goes around a few more times then this window pops up again.

When I try with Chrome Incognito or Edge, it asks me for my Aeroplan number and password. After putting those in, I get this:

This has been going on for several hours.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Trying to sign in to buy a flight pass.

Regular Chrome: won't even let me access the flight pass page. I get these choices. If I hit "Login", it boots me back to the homepage. If I hit "Continue as guest", the plane goes around a few more times then this window pops up again.

When I try with Chrome Incognito or Edge, it asks me for my Aeroplan number and password. After putting those in, I get this:

This has been going on for several hours.
Best Airline NA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.