Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
After booking and receiving ETIR, then selecting a seat change, I received this:

Your booking is confirmed. However, a technical issue prevents us from displaying the details in this email.
Kindly use the Booking Reference above to retrieve your reservation at aircanada.com by going to My Bookings. From there, you'll be able to forward a copy of your confirmation to your email address and/or print a copy for your records.
We apologize for any inconvenience and than you for your understanding.
(bold and colours in original email)

Weird.

Last edited by flyquiet; Nov 26, 2017 at 7:14 pm Reason: removed secondary comments after Stranger's follow-up
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
After booking and receiving ETIR, then selecting a seat change, I received this:

(bold and colours in original email)

Weird. And poor (inaccurate) direction. For those who would take it literally, there is no link on the main AC page called "My Bookings". You need to know to go to Book and navigate (differently) to FP > View Bookings or Manage Bookings > Flight.

Seems this was a pass ticket, and yes one can see them based upon booking reference on the My bookings link. And one can use that page to get seat assignments, including for flight pass bookings. Lately that did not work for pass booking BTW.

Also by "receiving ETIR," does that mean receiving an e-mail, i.e. a receipt? In which case the additional e-mail after getting seat assignments or doing seat changes is just a seat assignment confirmation, not a receipt.

Last edited by Stranger; Nov 26, 2017 at 8:05 pm
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:13 pm

I meant, I received an email entitled "Air Canada - Electronic Ticket Itinerary/Receipt" (i.e., ETIR). After seat selection (initial selection to alter the default), I got the second email telling me there was an error, which I found weird. By returning to the site, I can see the seat is assigned. What I find weird is why they felt the need to generate an email full of colour emphasis and bolding that tells me nothing. It doesn't even indicate what kind of an error instantiated it. If I had received no email, I would not necessarily have had any concern at all. Now this plants the seeds of all kinds of unspecified errors that interfere with people's travel.

You're right - I do see the tab called My Bookings. I will revise and limit my initial comments, and you can revise your post or not, as you wish.
[redact]
Again, my point is that the email adds nothing except concern, and gives me inaccurate directions. I am not making a federal case about it. I did not think the thread required a certain threshold of criticality. There is all kinds of website stupidness to be found here, at all levels of important.

Last edited by flyquiet; Nov 26, 2017 at 8:18 pm Reason: remove irrelevant tangent for clarity
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet

Just to test, I input my FP PNR into My Bookings and it coughs up a hairball. In fact, in that respect, it works exactly the way it always has for FP bookings. I am well enough acquainted with the site to know where I need to go to find it. However, it's not correct to say a FP booking can be (directly) accessed by the My Bookings link.
I go to "My bookings." Enter my name and booking reference. Flight pass booking. Shows up the itinerary, like for any other tickets, With one difference, In the top red section, it says "This is a flight pass booking." Just like it would say that the ticket was issue by a reservation agent.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:17 pm

Well, again, I don't have a problem finding my booking, FP or no.
I do find it unnerving receiving messages telling me "there's an error (unspecified) and don't worry about it." Either tell me what the error is or don't send me the email.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC 25k
New Contact Form

I am blown away by the new Customer Relations Contact Form. I've used it twice, 3 weeks ago I received a reply within a few days, today I received a reply in less than 18 hours! I was quoted 30 days in the receipt acknowledgement.

I think hell is freezing over.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by YQMYMM
I am blown away by the new Customer Relations Contact Form. I've used it twice, 3 weeks ago I received a reply within a few days, today I received a reply in less than 18 hours! I was quoted 30 days in the receipt acknowledgement.

I think hell is freezing over.

Encouraging to hear.
Me, I'm still waiting.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: A3, AC
Couldn't get to the payment screen when trying to book my J award on Aeroplan website using Firefox and Chrome. Had to resort to Microsoft Edge to get the job done.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cyralax
Couldn't get to the payment screen when trying to book my J award on Aeroplan website using Firefox and Chrome. Had to resort to Microsoft Edge to get the job done.
Just another way they're trying to control inventory for J rewards.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Apparently the Aeroplan website thinks that perfectly valid KTNs are not valid
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: QR EK AC BA TK 9W AY

The country I selected was Canada-English and my computer reports Toronto as location, but I am actually in Nepal.
So I try the browse option, but it just keeps looping me back to this page.

Almost very other airline has an International page that works anywhere. So I go to Turkish.
That works fine and they appreciated the extra 10,000 dollars business.

Turkish is great in the air, but their ground services are as bad as Air Canada's have now become. And after years of avoiding YYZ, I am now flying into there on Christmas weekend. Wish me luck.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:37 am

So, regarding the weird non-confirmation seat selection email, I got a marketing email inviting me to buy a preferred seat, so I went to Manage My (Flight Pass) Booking and seat selection. I see the seat I selected before is selected, and Confirm is greyed out so I guess it is good. But then I thought, maybe I will test it and moved to a window a row back (still Preferred) and now it is showing that seat (on the seat map and also in the FP booking). But again, it generates another email
Air Canada: Issue Processing your request. Your booking is confirmed. However, a technical issue prevents us from displaying the details in this email. Kindly use the Booking Reference above to retrieve your reservation at aircanada.com by going to My Bookings. From there, you'll be able to forward a copy of your confirmation to your email address and/or print a copy for your records. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Again, the colours and bolding are in the original email.
WHY send this email? If I did not get it, I wouldn't even notice.
It is also disturbing but I guess unsurprising that a problem like this would be persisting for over a week.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
booking flight on AE cannot change the number of passengers stays at 1
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by traacs
booking flight on AE cannot change the number of passengers stays at 1
Which OS, and which browser, are you using?
The new interface is confusing, but I got it to work on Firefox for Mac.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by jerry305
Which OS, and which browser, are you using?
The new interface is confusing, but I got it to work on Firefox for Mac.
I am Using Firefox on Mac after the initial search going back to modify gives me a different screen and I can ( old Version) then I can increase the passengers as well as add chidren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.