Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 24left
Oddly, the site seems to be available and it's not yet 20:00 EST.

9:45 pm EST and this is the new Alert on AC.com

(baby steps )

Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
So I don't understand, the site seems to be functioning, why do they say its unavailable?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
So I don't understand, the site seems to be functioning, why do they say its unavailable?
Yeah, it's usually the other way around.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The first advisory said the AC.com site would be back up at 8:00pm EST and it seemed to be working before 8:00pm

The second advisory I posted was referring to the Flight Contact Form, with different times.

Otherwise, I consider the message itself to be progress.

As for whatever "maintenance" AC is doing, well, perhaps someone else here on AC FT can ring up HQ and ask.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Don't you think they could afford a line break between the Travel Advisory / Wildfires and the Website Will Be Down notice?
Some people will read the first word, say "not applicable" and not read the remainder of the sentence not realizing it's not the same sentence.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Don't you think they could afford a line break between the Travel Advisory / Wildfires and the Website Will Be Down notice?
Some people will read the first word, say "not applicable" and not read the remainder of the sentence not realizing it's not the same sentence.
I guess AC forgot to ask any of us if we'd like to proofread.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I couldn't figure out how the fires were related to the website!!

I can click on the (now out of date) wildfire advisory, but not on the 'In Flight Contact Form' advisory, so I can't even tell what that means.

Dr. PITUK
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:28 pm

Would make more sense if someone was actually using EST (an hour off Toronto's EDT). I think perhaps Cancun is as they don't do daylight saving?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
OK this is about OLCI app vs website, so mods have my blessing and appreciation for moving if I put this in wrong thread.
I have usually done OLCI on website, and had expected results.
Lately, I have done on app 2 of 3 times in order to get the wallet BP (not that I use it - I need printed BP for accounting weasels) and just noticed unexpected results, like it not saving the US address that I input at OLCI.
Is it just me? A fluke of the day?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
eUpgrades page broken?

When I try to load the eUpgrades page, it displays some of the text but no images, as if just the basic HTML is there but no sheets/structure/images etc. This happens in Edge, Chrome, and IE.

I cannot access my account to see how many eUpgrades I have left, to request eUpgrades on new flights, etc.

Is anyone else having these difficulties?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
When I try to load the eUpgrades page, it displays some of the text but no images, as if just the basic HTML is there but no sheets/structure/images etc. This happens in Edge, Chrome, and IE.

I cannot access my account to see how many eUpgrades I have left, to request eUpgrades on new flights, etc.

Works on Safari. Haven't tested the other browsers.

Also able to log in.

Attached Images  
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Open this link in incognito: https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...vice/eupgrade/

Incognito is always the answer
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by 24left
Works on Safari. Haven't tested the other browsers.

Also able to log in.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Open this link in incognito: https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...vice/eupgrade/

Incognito is always the answer
Thanks for the replies. I reported it to AC early this morning while having them process my eUpgrades over the phone. Now that I've finally gotten back to my computer, the eUpgrades page works in all three browsers. I suspect by the time you tried it, the code was fixed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the replies. I reported it to AC early this morning while having them process my eUpgrades over the phone. Now that I've finally gotten back to my computer, the eUpgrades page works in all three browsers. I suspect by the time you tried it, the code was fixed.
Who knows with them. The eUp site is one of the more annoying parts of the site, as far as I'm concerned. The other night, it worked to let me upgrade but I couldn't select a seat.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Who knows with them. The eUp site is one of the more annoying parts of the site, as far as I'm concerned. The other night, it worked to let me upgrade but I couldn't select a seat.
Would you like AC to upgrade it like the rest of the site then?

I was offered an upgrade to J for 0 credits and no copay recently, shame it then threw out an error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.