Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Still can't make self-changes, cancellations, nor can I pull up the other airlines' confirmation number for seat selection on the Aeroplan site (tried Android App, IE, Chrome, FF, etc.).
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Yeah there appears to be something weird about Ontario Health cards. Apparently, even banks don't accept it as a valid form of ID.

I think that's interesting, especially that in Quebec they are anot allowed to outright ask for your Driver's licence, and health cards are Provincial issued.
From AC website
  • One (1) piece of valid government-issued identification with photo showing the name, date of birth and gender.
Mine doesn't list appear to list gender.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Trying to be a good boy and enter some info in preparation for upcoming flight, and have been getting this;

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please take note of the error number and contact our technical Support desk

Pathetic.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by jc94
From AC website
  • One (1) piece of valid government-issued identification with photo showing the name, date of birth and gender.
Mine doesn't list appear to list gender.
I guess that explains why. RAMQ card does show gender.

But what if I identify as an Apache helicopter?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I guess that explains why. RAMQ card does show gender.

But what if I identify as an Apache helicopter?
I'm assuming the new passport X options will be added onto driving licenses and other provincial cards that do list one. if not already done. I don't identify as transgender, so have not personally investigated it.

However, as it stands AC are within their rights (well, at least what they list on the website which may or may not not soon violate Canadian law) to deny transit to someone without ID that lists gender.

Last edited by jc94; Nov 19, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
duplicate

Last edited by PointWeasel; Nov 20, 2017 at 9:15 am Reason: duplicate
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
And apparently AC cannot find anyone to proofread before making the link live:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...n.html?icid=fl achome sun caen 171027 bnr

Great news that they are starting new service to Cartagena, but its located in Colombia, not Columbia, and they currently serve Bogota 4x weekly, so how would this slip through?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Tried to book a direct flight, YWG to YEG, on market fares.

Initially, I got this response:

FLIGHT REDEMPTION FAILURE
An error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the Aeroplan.com web site
assistance centre at 1-800-361-5373. Be sure to specify error code GENERAL - - - 130.PFC.

When I phoned, they said their system isn't allowing them to sell any of the direct flights for that route. Routes with connections appear to be working.
They had no idea how to fix, or if it could be fixed, or if I was SOL.

I've tried to book on the website several times today; same problem each time.
Later, I got this response:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

Thoughts?
Has availability opened up again later in this situation?

Last edited by jerry305; Nov 20, 2017 at 11:31 pm
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
And apparently AC cannot find anyone to proofread before making the link live:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...n.html?icid=fl achome sun caen 171027 bnr

Great news that they are starting new service to Cartagena, but its located in Colombia, not Columbia, and they currently serve Bogota 4x weekly, so how would this slip through?
I would be happy to take all the spelling errors in the world, as long as their site worked and I could book flights.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I would be happy to take all the spelling errors in the world, as long as their site worked and I could book flights.
Agreed.

My point was that these things ilustrate that no one knows what they are doing at AC so much of the time.

If the small things slip through, like spelling a country to serve incorrectly or sending an email without a date formatted at all, then how can they be expected to have a functioning website?

Further to ongoing AP issues, I received a flight alert for an I award seat on FRA-BLR next year. It showed on app as well as website before I called in, so thought good to go, and not phantom availability that has been an ongoing LH issue for years. The agent was dismissive, claimed that she also tried direct book and nothing. I requested a lead agent and....lo and behold the seat comes available, and she actually apologizes. Grrr. Time wasted? 90 mins overall for a simple cabin upgrade.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by jerry305
THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

This issue has continued since yesterday morning.
Is this likely to resolve itself? Is the flight going to eventually be available??
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not sure if this is the best thread, but it's a technical issue that is confusing me and could be avoided.

I have an Aeroplan ticket with United segments.

The United booking reference starts with "AC".

When the agent gave it to me, I thought she was crazy
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Smile Amusing Anecdote

Attended a lecture earlier this week by author Charlotte Gray about her new book, Canada 150. In the Q & A that followed her talk she said in her research and travels for the book she found two things that bind Canadians. Weather and dislike of AC.

Hope her trip back to Ottawa went well.

Last edited by Bartolo; Nov 22, 2017 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:54 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Talking

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Attended a lecture earlier this week by author Charlotte Gray about her new book, Canada 150. In the Q & A that followed her talk she said in her research and travels for the book she found two things that bind Canadians. Weather and dislike of AC.

Hope her trip back to Ottawa went well.
I'm assuming that is actually a dislike of both weather and AC. Or maybe that's just Jack complaining about our Winters in YVR
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Apparently ac.com now thinks 2D on a 320 is an exit row seat
Orcair likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.