Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Here's a thought. Look at the freaking city I have in my profile before spamming me with this garbage.
Did you book one-ways?

I ask because when I do and the routing was say CPH-home, I also received a bunch of those offering hotel/car/blah info

Fascinating as I would assume there is some algorithm in the universe that would kick in and thus Aeroplan would not send me these emails.

My delete button still works, so all is good in the universe
Old May 14, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
OK. Seriously. Enough is enough.

Cannot access Flight Passes.

Cannot check in.

Cannot eUpgrade.

I have SEMM so calls are no time whatsoever. But what about the poor people behind that get bumped down the queue when I call?

I myself have booked on AA when in a rush to get on a flight. How many others are taking revenue elsewhere? The effects will be later when people do not come back and the market gets soft.

As an IT person, I find this pathetic. It is as if they are developing on a live system and we are debugging for them.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Here's a thought. Look at the freaking city I have in my profile before spamming me with this garbage.
Lol! So true! The number of times I get promos for "your stay in Vancouver" is just crazy.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Lol! So true! The number of times I get promos for "your stay in Vancouver" is just crazy.
Wait...I'll trade you !!!
You can have my "your stay in Centre of the Universe" and I'll take your "stay in Vancouver".
Old May 14, 2016, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
All this time I thought I was the only one.

"Your stay in Toronto".

FHS. (for heaven's sake).

I don't mind the occasional hotel room, but in my own city? Come on.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:48 am

Is it a known issue that AirCanada.com does not accept any frequent flyer program numbers during check-in except "Air Canada" and United? (Here for a transborder trip exclusively booked as UA codeshares on AC metal.)

The system also ignores status from other FFPs, although the FFP member is stored in the ticket file and the number shows up during the checkin process. Also a known issue?
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
We're currently undergoing routine maintenance of the site to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT at which point we’ll be happy to assist you.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and check back later.

Thank you for your patience.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:37 pm

Grrrrrr!!!!!! Altitude is down and it's 10:07am here. "down for maint"
Old May 16, 2016, 1:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
^^^

Originally Posted by 24left
My delete button still works, so all is good in the universe
I get more than enough e-mails already, with plenty of useless ones. I don't need AC spamming me with more junk for which I have no need and would appreciate it if they didn't.

Kind of like how they now send two e-mails every time you book an Aeroplan flight. Why not combine all that info into one e-mail?

Originally Posted by traacs
We're currently undergoing routine maintenance of the site to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT at which point we’ll be happy to assist you.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and check back later.

Thank you for your patience.
Grrrrrr!!!!!! Altitude is down and it's 10:07am here. "down for maint"
AC has heard the numerous complaints about its customer service and how much better it used to be in the olden days. So they're setting out to return to those. First, it's the incessant outages on the websites. Soon enough, they'll dismantle the Internet presence entirely, leaving us to book by phone. Then, finally, we'll have no choice but to show up to an AC office in person - cash in hand, none of these newfangled credit cards - to book and pay for our flights.

Soon enough, they'll be upgrading the fleet to the same standards too:

Name:  FORD_1.jpg
Views: 5613
Size:  112.0 KB
Old May 16, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by adam.smith
^^^

I get more than enough e-mails already, with plenty of useless ones. I don't need AC spamming me with more junk for which I have no need and would appreciate it if they didn't.

Kind of like how they now send two e-mails every time you book an Aeroplan flight. Why not combine all that info into one e-mail?

AC has heard the numerous complaints about its customer service and how much better it used to be in the olden days. So they're setting out to return to those. First, it's the incessant outages on the websites. Soon enough, they'll dismantle the Internet presence entirely, leaving us to book by phone. Then, finally, we'll have no choice but to show up to an AC office in person - cash in hand, none of these newfangled credit cards - to book and pay for our flights.

Attachment 10182
What AE is actually doing during those "maintenances".
I am actually tired of this BS. They could have atleast give a warning, but NOOOPE, because screw you that's why lol.
Not a day goes by without AQD issues that affects virtually all members.

Name:  Server-blessing-Poland.jpg
Views: 4469
Size:  161.0 KB

Name:  2-hRlmZuw.jpg
Views: 4214
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  3-a0Yxw4B_700b.jpg
Views: 4509
Size:  64.3 KB
Old May 16, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
[QUOTE=adam.smith;26631842]

Sure, make your jokes, but the seat pitch on that thing was AMAZING.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:52 am

The worst thing about this, is that the IT is at such a point that an improvement will be very VERY painful and will take years.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:01 am

trying to purchase a flight pass using the link on the Altitude site it takes me to https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/serv...#/shopping/WTP

I find the flight pass i want to purchase click on it to purchase and the WHEEL goes round and round
Old May 16, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by traacs
trying to purchase a flight pass using the link on the Altitude site it takes me to https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/serv...#/shopping/WTP

I find the flight pass i want to purchase click on it to purchase and the WHEEL goes round and round
Don't use Chrome. Even though it's the most popular browser by the numbers it won't work on the AC site.

If you're on a Mac Safari works well.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:23 am

Don't use Chrome. Even though it's the most popular browser by the numbers it won't work on the AC site.

If you're on a Mac Safari works well.
Mac Firefox

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.