Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
As a person who puts large websites online, the QA on this is simply pathetic. With no way to buy a ticket and the phone lines jammed, I bought first class on AA for the same price as flex on AC.

Send people to the competition must be some kind of bargaining leverage IT folks are using.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
This site can’t be reached

beta.aircanada.comca’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Days after is was reported here by fellow FTers, not one person from AC can acknowledge the f-up and report is being addressed, fixed, or anything.

Family of 8 now booked away with KLM/Alitalia Business Class instead.

Great job AC.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
AC must still be doing okay . 1st quarter results pushed the stock up a dollar yesterday, but with this kind of performance I cannot believe that the company will do well in the future. The profit from the first quarter should be used to hire a new IT company
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Trying to check in online. It never ends ...

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<env:Body>
<env:Fault>
<faultcode>env:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Internal Error</faultstring>
</env:Fault>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
As a person who puts large websites online, the QA on this is simply pathetic. With no way to buy a ticket and the phone lines jammed, I bought first class on AA for the same price as flex on AC.

Send people to the competition must be some kind of bargaining leverage IT folks are using.
AC's website isn't large.

It handles a minor fraction of what most eCommerce sites do in terms of transaction count. It's just that each transaction is larger than typical website transactions so it seems impressive.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I can't log in anymore ("for security reasons, we've blocked access to your account"), my recovery password is not working (I'm pretty sure I know the right answer to it), and the "code by email" is not coming.

And of course it's past midnight, so I can't call in.

What the...?
Old May 1, 2016, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I can't log in anymore ("for security reasons, we've blocked access to your account"), my recovery password is not working (I'm pretty sure I know the right answer to it), and the "code by email" is not coming.

What the...?

Aeroplan or Altitude?
Old May 1, 2016, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by 24left
Aeroplan or Altitude?
Both. "We could not obtain the profile for the information entered. Please make sure to enter the correct information and try again." on Altitude.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:40 am
Suspended

Both. "We could not obtain the profile for the information entered. Please make sure to enter the correct information and try again." on Altitude.
I just logged in to Aeroplan. Working...on Chrome. Altitude also ok...on Chrome
Old May 1, 2016, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I just logged in to Aeroplan. Working...on Chrome. Altitude also ok...on Chrome
Hmm. Thanks for checking. Neither Firefox nor mobile app works for me so I'm assuming something's actually wrong. Guess I'll have to call into one of the other call centres that are open .... oh wait they closed them all. :facepalm:
Old May 1, 2016, 12:46 am
Suspended

Hmm. Thanks for checking. Neither Firefox nor mobile app works for me so I'm assuming something's actually wrong. Guess I'll have to call into one of the other call centres that are open .... oh wait they closed them all. :facepalm:

Working on Safari. Hmmm.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat

What the...?
It's for security... someone clearly was trying to use your account to ... I dunno, use up your flight pass bookings, change your profile details... Oh, I know, reassign all your seats to high numbered B and E. AC is protecting you with security.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
It's for security... someone clearly was trying to use your account to ... I dunno, use up your flight pass bookings, change your profile details... Oh, I know, reassign all your seats to high numbered B and E. AC is protecting you with security.
Could be right, because there is a guy like this out there (probably not just him)

"Here’s How a Man Stole Millions of .. Miles — and How You Can Protect Yourself"

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....s-can-protect/
Old May 2, 2016, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Looks like resetting it worked. I guess the fact that my secret answer wasn't working and the PIN code emails ended up in spam didn't help my confidence, but seems like I'm back now. Sorry... false alarm, for once it's not a broken AC website
Old May 2, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I recently booked tickets for South Africa via Air Canada. I was very surprised to see I had very different availability and rates on different platforms

AC website: Only flights via MUC with last leg sold as LH flight (not AC number). Only Flex, Latitude and Business flex available so kind of pricey. Same for multiple dates in December and on Canadian and US website. Also looked at different final destinations and there was still a lot of discrepancies.

AC app: Various itineraries available (LHR, FRA, MUC, BRU, CDG, etc.) with almost all available in Tango, Flex, Latitude, PY (when offered) and Business (cheapest and flex). No itinerary with the previous LH flights. Also multiple codeshares and some other airlines specific flight (LH, BA, SN, LX, BA)

I also find other combinations via Google flights that link to AC website that were not available when using AC search engine.

Also, the fare grid for different dates on AC website showed lower fares than what was available on the next page...

I finally boked via the app as I was satisfied with the selection and prices, but I guess there might be even more options if you call in.

Such a mess... I would have never bouht with AC if I only looked at their website. I understand that AC website have a lot of problems, but I can't imagine how much money they loose if it's like this for many destinations.

I tried again this morning. Same availability for CPT (website flights on app too now), more options via JNB. (Also, needed to use Firefox because in Chrome, I was asked to login for the beta version of the website to consult it... pretty amazing!)

I felt I needed to write them as it was huge but obviously not that easy to find the best channel. Customer Service forms are not very friendly for this type of matters...

Last edited by monsieurcumulus; May 2, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.