Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Anybody know if they're allowing UA J passengers in AC lounges?
Yes, access rules have not changed.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by The Macker
YWG Lounge reopened - Sept 21 - from the Concierge - The Winnipeg Maple Leaf Lounge officially opened yesterday and will be open right now from 4:30AM to 5:30PM daily. The new protocol has you scan your boarding pass yourself and the food service is set up as a grab and go service. You chose from the menu and the staff hands it to you.
That's so strange. I would have expected YWG lounge to require vaccination for entry. Maybe they aren't serving alcohol? A liquor permit makes vaccination mandatory. I would have thought even serving cold food would have done the same.

I did have to provide proof of vaccination to enter the PP lounge in Winnipeg last week. They were serving both hot food and alcohol.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
YWG MLL menu

Here is the current menu at YWG. I was not asked for proof of vaccination.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
21 minutes to get in to the YUL Dom MLL at about 18:15 tonight.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
21 minutes to get in to the YUL Dom MLL at about 18:15 tonight.
Did they offer chips or other munchies for those in line?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did they offer chips or other munchies for those in line?
Takeaway bags. I think they contained a wrap and a bottle of water.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Takeaway bags. I think they contained a wrap and a bottle of water.
I see.
And then when one finally gets in, they have to go wait in another 20 minute lineup to get other snack/beverage items.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I see.
And then when one finally gets in, they have to go wait in another 20 minute lineup to get other snack/beverage items.
I've spent a fair amount of time in the YUL Dom MLL lately, and never seen more than a handful of people in line for snacks/beverages. Same at YVR Dom and YYC. YYZ is the only place I've been where that has been such a problem.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've spent a fair amount of time in the YUL Dom MLL lately, and never seen more than a handful of people in line for snacks/beverages. Same at YVR Dom and YYC. YYZ is the only place I've been where that has been such a problem.
That's good to know. Are these all times of day?
My most recent YVR Dom experience had a long line for snacks/beverages, but to their credit, they actually showed that they were trying their best to move the line along.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Well when you have all stars like
working in the YVR MLL as in this Tweet then that is what should be the standard for all MLLs

YVR4Ever and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
The tiny YYZ Transborder Express Lounge reopened on Wednesday 9/22. I was there on Friday 9/24 at 10:30A and it was busy without being overcrowded. Nice selection of fresh breakfast and lunch items served by the staff. Vaccination proof 💉 required.

yyznomad and m.y like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 26, 2021 at 3:34 pm Reason: Resize excessively large images
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:42 am
Formerly known as tireman77

YUL TB is officially open, if someone can update the Wiki... I can't be trusted with that much responsibility.

No line up but somewhat full. All 2nd chairs blocked, but not really followed.

Table serive for Smaked Meat Sandwich and some kind of sesame salad. Other stuff like wraps and salads and snacks served at the counter as are drinks. Bottle of water self serve.

Follow up: LGA flight just boarded. Lounge almost empty.

Secondary follow up: Now 13:15. Lounge really empty now. 4PAX

Last edited by PLeblond; Sep 24, 2021 at 12:05 pm Reason: Follow up
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K

The Winnipeg lounge now requires proof of vaccination.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC SE
I can attest to this, Rosa is amazing, the rest are slow as molasses. Needs someone there to really drive the people through.
Over the past 2 months, the YYZ dom has been very busy on the morning departures, challenging to find a place to sit
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:38 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
EWR A1 gates will be closing end of the month and AC will be shifting to the other gates in terminal A so I'm guess EWR lounge won't reopen until they move to the new terminal A (assuming they will maintain their own lounge instead of using United Club)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.