Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Can reconfirm they are still closed as of yesterday.
Is that only for the YYZ Dom shower or are the YYZ Intl MLL showers also closed?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by kovy42
Is that only for the YYZ Dom shower or are the YYZ Intl MLL showers also closed?
YYZ Dom but would expect the YYZ Intl to be the same since operating procedures/regulations dont change from one part of the airport to another.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
YYZ Dom but would expect the YYZ Intl to be the same since operating procedures/regulations dont change from one part of the airport to another.
Procedures and regulations are two different things. If YYZ Dom showers are closed due to a regulation, the same regulation should apply at YYZ Intl. But if there are no regulations preventing it, there's nothing stopping AC from operating the showers at Intl and not at Dom, if they choose to do so.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Looks like the ridiculous direction arrows have finally been remove from the YYZ domestic lounge. No longer need to ignore the arrows that would have you stuck in a maze of directions that cannot get you where you need to go.
yyznomad and talkeryxu like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Looks like the ridiculous direction arrows have finally been remove from the YYZ domestic lounge. No longer need to ignore the arrows that would have you stuck in a maze of directions that cannot get you where you need to go.

Thats a shame.
I was hoping the Compass staff could continue to set a glowing example of how to absolutely ignore the carpet arrows in the name of safety.
I mean, they are worried about their own health and safety after all, amirite?!!!

(or maybe it's a regulation thing and the staff also didn't give two fartlicks and if so, we should see some consistency)
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Did anyone actually follow that?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Forums and news articles had me much more worried about the time it would take from curb to MLL, so I'm going to be in the YYZ TB Express MLL for quite a while.

It's tiiiiiny. It's my first time here ever

They checked proof of vaccine at the door.

As was reported above, there's a huge staircase right past CBP that presumably leads up to the MLL (and other stuff?). There is a new set of 3 elevators there as well. There's also a door to the right, with some offices on one side (CBP?) and wood paneling on the other (in the direction of the old MLL elevators) that matches a lot of AC's new premium style.

If I had to throw out a wild guess, it's that there will be a Cafe and MLL here. My less wild guess is just a much larger TB MLL.

Edit: Express is at capacity now.

Also, when I ordered a rum and Coke Zero, he asked if I wanted dark rum (pointing at Captain Morgan Dark Rum) or light rum (pointing at Smirnoff Vodka).
yyznomad likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Oct 11, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thanksgiving at the YYZ MLL International

Flying to Europe today (thanksgiving Monday). Was a breeze to get past security and in the MLL International lounge in less than 10 minutes from Check-in. Lounge was understandably quiet. Had both the bagged food served by the bar as well as ordered food at the table.

Best option is the Butter Chicken!. The Chicken taco was also very tasty, albeit very spicy.

YYZ MLL international menu - Oct 11, 2021 - Chicken taco, butter chicken, and Greek salad
m.y and talkeryxu like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I tried to follow in the early times, but it was basically impossible to get anywhere without circling the lounge and was just ridiculous.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:04 pm

I followed the arrows the first time, but then I realized that it wasn't really possible and I'd get locked in a corner somewhere!
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ACfly
The Chicken taco was also very tasty, albeit very spicy.
Having had these in the domestic lounge, it really depends but I would say its more the hot sauce than it being "spicy" as they are "buffalo chicken tacos" after all.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
YUL TB was closing at 5:25pm yesterday. Last TB flights leave around 6pm.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Elite for AC, SPG, PP, FPC

I only have 64 posts so I can't edit the wiki, can someone else update?

YVR TB Lounge no hot food before 10am

They have printed menu but the attendants are shouting out the options: coffee, muffin, fruit cup, chia pudding, yogurt parfait etc.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I tried to follow in the early times, but it was basically impossible to get anywhere without circling the lounge and was just ridiculous.
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I followed the arrows the first time, but then I realized that it wasn't really possible and I'd get locked in a corner somewhere!
I followed the arrows the first time I was there, but as soon as I saw staff completely ignore them, I also started to ignore them.
Big bottoms eyeroll.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
In YVR Dom with my young nephew who's on his first lounge visit.

"Wait, so just because you bought some plane tickets, there's all these fancy chairs and people just... bring you stuff?"
​​​​
yyznomad, painintheuk, m.y and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.