Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That could drastically change my plans Friday, where I have a ~5 hour ITI connection.

But of course I'm sure AC won't announce this until November, and I likely won't know for sure until I try to get in.
Following up on this, the menu is available online. Hot food is 1100-0030.

Crunchy Sesame Salad
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Fireside Chili
Butter Chickpea Curry
Chicken Ranch Flatbread
Chef Ferrer Special (Panna Cotta)

So I'm much more confident now
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've updated most of the menus today. No real changes in food offerings, but expanded hours for the hot food at many of the lounges.

With so many FTers having recently been to YHZ, I'm surprised no one has commented about the lounge there.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've updated most of the menus today. No real changes in food offerings, but expanded hours for the hot food at many of the lounges.

With so many FTers having recently been to YHZ, I'm surprised no one has commented about the lounge there.
Cold food only. Same menu as everywhere else afaik.

They had spiced rum.

There was nothing comment-worthy

Edit: Didn't realize it wasn't even confirmed open yet. It's open. I don't have hours though.
yyznomad, vernonc and Adam Smith like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Is AC still publishing the lounge menus online?
Couldn't find the relevant link.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Is AC still publishing the lounge menus online?
Couldn't find the relevant link.
They're in the wiki.
yyznomad and rafi2k6 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
They're in the wiki.
Thank you sir!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Impressive

YVR Dom
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
YYZ typical inefficient food / coffee line. Picked up when they got a third person. Really need to move the coffee to self service.

for some reason check in agent didn’t want to see my vaccine status. Are they actually storing this somewhere so they don’t ask every time or they just not doing ?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
The LHR lounge is open. It has returned to PreCovid service level, self serve food and bar service. They did ask for proof of vaccination to enter.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
With the perpetual non-changing anecdotal accounts of long-line up, slow-service experiences (including 1+ hour wait for their hot food order), DG2F staff, and general vendor resource shortages (especially at the YYZ Dom MLL)...

If you had only one choice of the following, what would it be?
1. Current craptastic Domestic MLL experiences due to the aforementioned and upthread issues; OR
2. Pre-pandemic Domestic MLL service including the two types of pickles in the cold food self-serve buffet?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
With the perpetual non-changing anecdotal accounts of long-line up, slow-service experiences (including 1+ hour wait for their hot food order), DG2F staff, and general vendor resource shortages (especially at the YYZ Dom MLL)...

If you had only one choice of the following, what would it be?
1. Current craptastic Domestic MLL experiences due to the aforementioned and upthread issues; OR
2. Pre-pandemic Domestic MLL service including the two types of pickles in the cold food self-serve buffet?
I honestly preferred the pre-pandemic Dom MLL + AC Café situation. At least I could always actually get into the lounge, too!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mathemagic
I honestly preferred the pre-pandemic Dom MLL + AC Café situation. At least I could always actually get into the lounge, too!
I feel the same, even if the MLLs brought back the massive waft of pickle stench upon MLL entry.
I promise that I will never complain about pickles again. Heck AC can even make it 3 or 4 types of pickles.
Plumber and mathemagic like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:38 pm

I feel the same, even if the MLLs brought back the massive waft of pickle stench upon MLL entry.
I promise that I will never complain about pickles again. Heck AC can even make it 3 or 4 types of pickles.
And let's not forget the cold ?salsa and broken tortilla chips.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:58 pm

The YUL MLL smoked meat sandwiches come with dill pickles, so if you're looking for a pickle, it's only a short Rapidair hop away.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mathemagic
And let's not forget the cold ?salsa and broken tortilla chips.
I cry myself to sleep every night hoping that they'll bring back the cold, nongentuple-dipped salsa, and broken shards of tortilla chips, next to the jar of stale cookies.
Just the other day I was dreaming that I was all horny over the pre-pandemic microwaved plastic flatbread pizza of the YUL Dom MLL.
painintheuk and YOWCDNFF like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.