Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Am sitting in the YTT lounge now - people walking in all happy to find it open again. They have someone at the door and someone behind a closed off drinks area that serves the beverages. For now it's just a rope closing off the area.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Am sitting in the YTT lounge now - people walking in all happy to find it open again. They have someone at the door and someone behind a closed off drinks area that serves the beverages. For now it's just a rope closing off the area.
Thanks for this data point! Was it busy when you were in? I'd say it will take a week or two before the regulars realize it is open again.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Updated hours for YEG.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by codfather
Thanks for this data point! Was it busy when you were in? I'd say it will take a week or two before the regulars realize it is open again.
There was one group of 2 and a solo traveler aside from me. Not overly busy but only one Dash-8 departing at the time.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Am sitting in the YTT lounge now - people walking in all happy to find it open again.
I didn't even know that the Tisdale Airport (CYTT/YTT) in Tisdale, Saskatchewan even had a MLL. Or any lounge for that matter. Or was served by Air Canada.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What are the covid-related requirements for entry into the YYT MLL?
what are the physically posted hours of operation for each day?
are there servers to provide cold snack and drink items, or is everything self serve?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

First time back to this view in just under two years!

Also my first time flying out of YOW post-pandemic where the Departures board was full.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, when there are 2 or 3 open, having a list of all the open MLLs and nothing else made sense. But now that more are open that closed...

Edit: Just took a stab at creating a list.
You forgot FRA, you FOTSG

I was trying to think of an easy way for people to see what lounges were open and closed beyond having to scroll through the list of menus etc and then the list of closed lounges at the end. Thoughts on the table below? (question for everyone, not just the cow)

Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
The chart is really helpful, thanks. I suggest differentiating between the main transborder lounge and the other one at YYZ. It could cause confusion as it now reads.
chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 4, 2021 at 12:34 pm Reason: Remove non-contributive content
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You forgot FRA, you FOTSG

I was trying to think of an easy way for people to see what lounges were open and closed beyond having to scroll through the list of menus etc and then the list of closed lounges at the end. Thoughts on the table below? (question for everyone, not just the cow)

Looks awesome, but I think YYZ TB could use some kind of clarification.

I'm also amused that you call an AC lounge in the US "domestic", but I'm not sure I would have done it any differently.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Looks fine.
Honestly though, anything we provide wrt MLL info is and will be better than anything AC publishes on their website!
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bartolo
The chart is really helpful, thanks. I suggest differentiating between the main transborder lounge and the other one at YYZ. It could cause confusion as it now reads.
Looks awesome, but I think YYZ TB could use some kind of clarification.
I knew I was forgetting something...

I'm also amused that you call an AC lounge in the US "domestic", but I'm not sure I would have done it any differently.
Yeah, with all the non-Canadian MLLs it wasn't clear exactly where they should go. There's no TB area in US airports, and they could be accessed by pax flying UA domestically, so "domestic" just seemed most logical (or least illogical) for the US ones.
canadiancow, martyYOW and fbrdky like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by YOWgary
First time back to this view in just under two years!

Also my first time flying out of YOW post-pandemic where the Departures board was full.
I miss that view - will be back in that lounge for the first time since early 2020 next week. It was still closed last time I flew out of YOW.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What are the physically posted hours? (not based on the AC website link)
The MLL door at LAX T6 was closed at 5 PM today (Thursday), with the placard listing the hours completely blank. Nearby AK lounge has a doorbell, but there is none at the MLL; I don't think anyone was home at the MLL.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:13 am

Has anyone else noticed this seemingly new text on the AC MLL "info" page?

New! Enjoy walk-in access to our Maple Leaf Lounges.
For a limited time, Air Canada and other airline passengers can purchase access to our Maple Leaf Lounges at the entrance for $55. The following lounges are currently welcoming walk-in guests with a confirmed same-day ticket on domestic or international flights, subject to lounge capacity:
  • Toronto-Pearson Airport, Terminal 1 near D gates
  • Calgary International Airport, Concourse C
What fresh nonsense is this? Any airline? As if capacity weren't already the biggest problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.