Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
YYZ TB showers open at MLL or PP?
They are still closed as of 6/10 morning
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
YUL International MLL ran out of wine tonight. All kinds of wine.

Somehow the duty free shop downstairs had fully stocked shelves. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Short hair Francis and Stil like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Any sort of sleeping area in YVR MLL?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miles_collector
Any sort of sleeping area in YVR MLL?
There are three YVR MLLs.

And no, not really.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott gold, HHonors silver
Originally Posted by greg898
I'm going to Montreal next week and have one lounge pass to use either in Toronto or Montreal. Is either lounge "better" than the other at the moment or are they both pretty similar?
YYZ has more space and does not feel cramped IMHO. I was in YUL domestic yesterday after 5:00pm. Lounge was packed with no seats. An announcement was made that further entry was being denied until space cleared up, and that if anyone currently in lounge left they would not be let back in since they needed to offer the space to new arrivals. I have never experienced anything like that before. I guess it didn't help that almost every flight on the board was delayed.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
No more QR codes at YYC. Have to go to the counter to get food.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ Dom MLL showers open yet?

Anyone with latest news on the YYZ Dom MLL showers...
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC Plebeian Super Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Anyone with latest news on the YYZ Dom MLL showers...
Closed
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SearsTower
But is the same food that one would've gotten with the QR codes?

Or is it the same/similar hot food that was there for the international flights in the afternoon/early evening pre-Covid?

IIRC, AC did say they planned to continue with the QR code hot food ordering thing after the lifting of whatever remaining covid-impacted service stuff there is/was... or maybe I misremembered or misinterpreted...
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K. RAM GOLD/ OWS
Yvr int mll

I was at the YVR INT MLL on Friday early afternoon for a flight to DUB.

It was a sub par experience all around. Less food items available than the DOM MLL (though 2 soups we’re available), Prosecco was room temp, Guinness not on tap so served out of a can.

The best part was the Sun chips!

Having worked my behind off to gather the points to get a family of four flying J for a big summer trip it really started off with a flop.

I guess the focus is on the ‘real’ business class passengers upstairs in Signature Suite!

Hopefully just an off day on their part as I have to mention that the check in staff and cabin crew were excellent!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
But is the same food that one would've gotten with the QR codes?

Or is it the same/similar hot food that was there for the international flights in the afternoon/early evening pre-Covid?

IIRC, AC did say they planned to continue with the QR code hot food ordering thing after the lifting of whatever remaining covid-impacted service stuff there is/was... or maybe I misremembered or misinterpreted...
appeared to be the same food.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Yes that's right -- but I dare say the breakfast items were actually pretty good compared to the limp/soggy hash browns and powdered scramble eggs pre-COVID. They had frittas, omelettes, and a smoked salmon thing on a bagel. I had the latter which was actually pretty tasty -- even toasted and made in front of me.
BlondeBomber and yyznomad like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Yes that's right -- but I dare say the breakfast items were actually pretty good compared to the limp/soggy hash browns and powdered scramble eggs pre-COVID. They had frittas, omelettes, and a smoked salmon thing on a bagel. I had the latter which was actually pretty tasty -- even toasted and made in front of me.
That certainly does look better than the boxed stuff as well as pre-covid stuff
It seems that YYC remains the champion of domestic MLL food.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
My wife was at YVR MLL on Sunday afternoon - she said the same pre-boxed items were available as plated meals that were self-serve up front and tasted fresher.

I probably won't end up back there until end of Summer to test myself at this point, sea plane living this summer has been great so far.

Last edited by theranj; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:29 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:17 am

Strange - Tuesday morning at YVR domestic MLL I saw no prepackaged foods. There were some (tasty) blueberry muffins, croissants, and yogurt. Sadly as I was short on time due to a minor fracas in security that closed down one of the lanes (apparently someone had denied having a weapon, when CATSA thought it was one, so RCMP called in), and then someone trying to pay for guests broke the MLL checkin (only one agent at desk didn't help). I really was hoping to grab snacks for my flight in 5 minutes!

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:18 am Reason: I no longer know my days of the week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.