Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
First visit to YOW MLL since the before times. It is about 3/4 full. There is no hot food and the beer taps are out of service. The bar is attended.

Does anyone know if the Aspire lounge across the corridor is any better?
Aspire lounges are usually pretty decent imo. Fully stocked open bar even in the AM. I probably wouldn't choose one over a MLL though
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
First visit to YOW MLL since the before times. It is about 3/4 full. There is no hot food and the beer taps are out of service. The bar is attended.

Does anyone know if the Aspire lounge across the corridor is any better?
Mrs YHZ and I chose the Aspire Lounge over the MLL in YOW in April. Exponentially better (food, drinks, staff, cleanliness, etc). Can't imagine going back into MLL in Ottawa. Even missus was impressed and she is hard to please.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Mrs YHZ and I chose the Aspire Lounge over the MLL in YOW in April. Exponentially better (food, drinks, staff, cleanliness, etc). Can't imagine going back into MLL in Ottawa. Even missus was impressed and she is hard to please.
Stuck with the MLL. At least they made a very good caesar! Will give the Aspire a try the next time for sure.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Aspire lounges are usually pretty decent imo. Fully stocked open bar even in the AM. I probably wouldn't choose one over a MLL though
In my opinion yes. When I fly out of YOW in the afternoon, I do go across the street as they have hot food and it's a nicer environment, more bright colours and light. The food selection is much, much better than the MLL.

I have not seen them open in the mornings, so maybe one day they will open in the AM
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
In my opinion yes. When I fly out of YOW in the afternoon, I do go across the street as they have hot food and it's a nicer environment, more bright colours and light. The food selection is much, much better than the MLL.

I have not seen them open in the mornings, so maybe one day they will open in the AM
I was there at 11am on a Sunday, and I believe they had been open for a while....
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I was there at 11am on a Sunday, and I believe they had been open for a while....

11:00 AM is great. I have been flying out between 5:30 and 7:30 lately. Thank you for the update.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
11:00 AM is great. I have been flying out between 5:30 and 7:30 lately. Thank you for the update.
hours appear to be 9am-6pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:29 pm

I'm going to Montreal next week and have one lounge pass to use either in Toronto or Montreal. Is either lounge "better" than the other at the moment or are they both pretty similar?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by greg898
I'm going to Montreal next week and have one lounge pass to use either in Toronto or Montreal. Is either lounge "better" than the other at the moment or are they both pretty similar?
It can be a crap shoot when it comes to how full the lounge is at any given time, but the YUL MLL is a much smaller space.

​​​​​​​Assuming you mean Domestic lounges here.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Toronto is a bigger lounge and food/drink options are a bit better

YUL is very small and cramped. I would say stick to YYZ
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by greg898
YUL domestic worst in the system, use the YYZ lounge and its not even close. YUL domestic is the one lounge I would probably skip going to and use priority pass. wayyy too cramped every single time. terrible layout. it's the worst and i cant imagine how bad it is right now with peak travel season.

Send me a PM if you want a second lounge pass to visit YUL so you can see for yourself lol
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ Dom MLL Clustercrapshow

My most recent visit to the YYZ Dom MLL... breakfast time... my hot food order came by 1h10m after making the order... and only received one item out of three items ordered. Never received the other two.
The couple next to us also complained that they waited over an hour for their food and didn't receive everything they ordered.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:14 pm

I'm curious as to what the issue actually is. The menu items don't seem to be that complex and a lot of the prep work can be done ahead of time. Unless the person is taking a break every 2 minutes, it should not be difficult to knock out a dish quickly...
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
YYZ TB showers open at MLL or PP?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:21 am

Last weekend, YVR INT showers were open, and they said YVR DOM were as well. Will report on YVR TB next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.