Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
LAX and YVR MLLs were both sad this past week.
YVR TB MLL at dinner had pretty unappetizing options available for order. I got a chili and asian salad - the chili was ok. .
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
What is an Asian salad?
Originally Posted by zeer0
A disgrace to all of Asia.

I guess the Asian part was the crunchy noodle pieces on top of the lettuce. Mixed with a sickly sweet dressing.
zeer0, You mean Crunchy Sesame Salad?
This one has been a feature of YUL Dom, YUL TB too for a little while now

While I agree the ladies mixing the salads in the kitchen can be too heavy-handed with the dressing, the ingredients themselves taste what they are supposed to.

And I guess you haven't had one of the YYZ Dom Pasta options in the past 🙄
You won't be complaining about the salad once you give that one a try 😉
vancouver25k and zeer0 like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
zeer0, You mean Crunchy Sesame Salad?
This one has been a feature of YUL Dom, YUL TB too for a little while now

While I agree the ladies mixing the salads in the kitchen can be too heavy-handed with the dressing, the ingredients themselves taste what they are supposed to.

And I guess you haven't had one of the YYZ Dom Pasta options in the past 🙄
You won't be complaining about the salad once you give that one a try 😉
Yup that's the one lol.

Both Air Canada and United lounges have a very weak offering for Star Alliance these days. I've switched a lot of domestic/US-CAN flying to Delta since their SkyClubs with an Amex Plat are so superior, just a better experience even with 0 status.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The first pic... was that while outside of the MLL on the deck? I can't believe I didn't know we could go out on the deck. I'm such a FOTSG.
Seriously? You don't recognize that? Nomad! Shame!

It's a metal walkway right outside the window of the FRA MLL. You don't have access to it ... I think it's an emergency exit mechanism.

And I haven't been to Frankfurt since before the plague
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:03 pm

Self service bar at YVR domestic this evening.
Hot food still ordered through QR code. Took about 20 minutes to arrive.
Lounge is quite busy.
Seems to be crew change day at one of the camps.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The first pic... was that while outside of the MLL on the deck? I can't believe I didn't know we could go out on the deck. I'm such a FOTSG.
Originally Posted by canopus27

It's a metal walkway right outside the window of the FRA MLL. You don't have access to it ... I think it's an emergency exit mechanism.

You two should come hang out in the SFO MLL when it opens
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You two should come hang out in the SFO MLL when it opens
Deal
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:57 am

Alas no, it is inside - the door is clearly marked as an emergency exit only. Would have been amazing to step out, at least for a little while! (I suppose one could - once!)
yyznomad likes this.

Last edited by governorgeneral; May 25, 2022 at 11:20 am
Old May 26, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tracon
Self service bar at YVR domestic this evening.
Hot food still ordered through QR code. Took about 20 minutes to arrive.
Lounge is quite busy.
Seems to be crew change day at one of the camps.

Went 1 night after you tracon.

YVR DOM Bar reverted back to normal.
I was significantly luckier than you.
5-8 mins for food delivery and at most 40-50% full during the red-eye transcon banks.

Let us Rejoice, Showers are back in Service 😁😁😁
At least at YUL Int'l anyway 👍👍

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 3, 2022 at 9:17 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old May 26, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC E35K. RAM GOLD/ OWS

5-8 mins for food delivery and at most 40-50% full during the red-eye transcon banks.
Great news as I am on the last red eye tonight!
Old May 26, 2022, 3:08 pm

It looks like you snuck in after hours. Not a soul in sight!
Old May 26, 2022, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
It looks like you snuck in after hours. Not a soul in sight!
LOL 😁
Those two photos were taken around 11pm.
But last night was definitely the emptiest out of the few red-eyes I've done this year.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by governorgeneral
Alas no, it is inside - the door is clearly marked as an emergency exit only. Would have been amazing to step out, at least for a little while! (I suppose one could - once!)

Hey, I'm a FOTSG now. So now I hang my head in shame. I haven't been to the FRA MLL in ages either.
I knew there was the metal walkway but wasn't entirely sure if it was accessible, especially now.
canopus27 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
YUL Dom at 16:40 today had maybe 3 empty seats, but they were still letting people in, including us, all of whom were circling like vultures looking for seats.

There were a bunch of folks looking like they were there for the long haul, based on their mini-office setups. Asked one guy if he would mind moving his mondo-backpack / portable Everest base camp off one of the chairs and he just ignored me while doing some kind of Facetime call. Figures. Bailed to the bar by Gate 47 instead.

Pretty sad when the FCO contract lounge was better than AC's own MLL today. Time to reset my expectations I guess.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So as per above, YUL Int'l showers are now in service again.
How about the showers at YYZ MLLs?
Old May 29, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
At YVR DOM this morning...
  • Gentlemen in front of me asked about the showers - still closed until further notice - he was a bit irate about this...maybe he was recently in YUL and experienced it??
  • We arrived around 650am - maybe half full...when we left 730am I'd say around 80%
  • Food took about 20-25 min to arrive, we had ordered 1 avocado toast and three smoked salmon/egg sandwiches...while I was getting coffee they came by and asked my wife if this was an error or not
  • Same breakfast menu as Wiki, cold options included yogurt, overnight oats, hummus/veggies, and fruit cup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.